Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    jack012jack012 Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    saxman25o wrote: »
    Noticeable that ITV goodmorning britain mentioned Taylor`s tour this morning , said Taylor had brought on Mick Jagger NO MENTION of Leona at all THEN next subject XFACTOR Still no mention That Leona appeared with Taylor !
    I am so Glad and happy Leona is appreciated in countries around the world the way she is !!!!! ;-)

They're going to discuss Leona & Taylor on This Morning around 12.15pm
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    I don't think she should focus on other markets over the UK (except maybe the US/Germany) with the upcoming tour. She needs to release another single or two and promote more in the UK to get tour tickets shifting. I mean she's already sold a lot of tickets for the London Palladium dates. Given how expensive the tickets are, if she's able to sell out the palladium with upcoming promo that would make Leona & her label a decent amount of money/profit from the album. Hopefully she'll do a mini tour in the US too.

I agree, dropping the UK would be the biggest mistake. Look at Natasha Bedingfield, she gave up on the UK, flopped in the US and now she has no career on either side of the Atlantic. Same as Joss Stone.
  • Options
    saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hazza12 wrote: »
    From the reception leona got at Taylor's tour its obvious that the U.S. still absolutely love her!!! And they want her back.

with that kind of reception would anyone not want to stay there ? and all the acknowledgement Leona receives from radio etc there ? well presented interviews RESPECT ?
    legends in the music industry show Leona respect why not others ?
    I think to some extent the UK is a small country and in some ways insular and what is created by the media easily spreads in a relatively small confined area and the gullible are often ready to accept things as they are fed it , and opinions formed on that basis :(
    Thank goodness not all are influenced in such a way :)
    watch if Leona takes off in the USA how quickly our media follows suite :D
    ( dives for cover and awaits the flack !) :D
  • Options
    saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jack012 wrote: »
    They're going to discuss Leona & Taylor on This Morning around 12.15pm

wicked ;-)
  • Options
    Regina_PhalangeRegina_Phalange Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo, I didn't know Jason Derulo tweeted their duet thingy! Is he going on tour? Does he need a supporting artist?!!
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    HAC
    25 25 LEONA LEWIS Thunder 932 868 64 2.988

-8 Spins
    -20 Bullet
    +0.095 Audience

AC
    32 36 LEONA LEWIS Thunder 63 63 0 0.445

+0 Spins
    +2 Bullet
    +0.006 Audience

Hopefully that's just a blip on HAC - gained a decent amount of audience yet again. #1039 on US iTunes.
  • Options
    hazza12hazza12 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking about leona now
  • Options
    hazza12hazza12 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saxman25o wrote: »
    with that kind of reception would anyone not want to stay there ? and all the acknowledgement Leona receives from radio etc there ? well presented interviews RESPECT ?
    legends in the music industry show Leona respect why not others ?
    I think to some extent the UK is a small country and in some ways insular and what is created by the media easily spreads in a relatively small confined area and the gullible are often ready to accept things as they are fed it , and opinions formed on that basis :(
    Thank goodness not all are influenced in such a way :)
    watch if Leona takes off in the USA how quickly our media follows suite :D
    ( dives for cover and awaits the flack !) :D

Haha better dive quick 😂😂
  • Options
    AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me singing Thunder with Lele☺️☺️
    http://www.smule.com/p/433308104_177058538
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Over 2.2 million views on her Jason Derulo duet on facebook. :D
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still need to buy a Leona ticket don't think she'll be going to Dublin can't decide whether to go alone or have to buy two tickets and bring someone along :S
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just have absolutely no idea what is going on. :D I don't mean this in a bad way, I just have no idea if the 'Thunder' campaign is coming to an end and the label are deciding/have decided on a new single or if it is still going and there is a planned Top 40 add date. I guess since we're not used to Leona having much of a career in the US (I didn't follow her career so intensely until 2009) we don't really know much about possible US strategies (or maybe I'm just talking for myself here :D). Surely it makes sense to capitalise on the Jason/Taylor buzz and to send 'Thunder' to Top 40? Or is the label waiting for the song to gain more momentum on HAC before crossing over? Who knows. :D
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    Still need to buy a Leona ticket don't think she'll be going to Dublin can't decide whether to go alone or have to buy two tickets and bring someone along :S

Yeah I was kinda waiting to see if she'd at least add a Belfast date. She has paid her Irish fans dust on this tour and GH tour lol
  • Options
    FellenFellen Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Over 2.2 million views on her Jason Derulo duet on facebook. :D

OK, it's time for JDerulo to re-release Want To Want Me Duet version with Leona! :D
    It's like Sam Smith did once with "Stay With Me" with Mary J.Blidge :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My main issue at the moment is the lack of any song being sent to Top 40 radio. I mean they did a big radio tour for a lot of Top 40 stations (including many big ones) and lots of iHeartMedia promotion. Would be a shame if that were to go to waste.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My main issue at the moment is the lack of any song being sent to Top 40 radio. I mean they did a big radio tour for a lot of Top 40 stations (including many big ones) and lots of iHeartMedia promotion. Would be a shame if that were to go to waste.

Maybe they are going to coincide the Top 40 add date with something we don't know about? Maybe a guest feature on 'Thunder'. :D:D

EDIT: Actually I don't know how it'd work sonically - maybe like Sam Smith's 'I'm Not the Only One' - but it would help generate some adds from Top 40 stations (and maybe Urban) if it did have a guest feature on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    Maybe they are going to coincide the Top 40 add date with something we don't know about? Maybe a guest feature on 'Thunder'. :D:D

EDIT: Actually I don't know how it'd work sonically - maybe like Sam Smith's 'I'm Not the Only One' - but it would help generate some adds from Top 40 stations (and maybe Urban) if it did have a guest feature on it.

I doubt they'll do a feature on "Thunder". I assume they'll give it another couple weeks to see how it does on HAC/AC then if it keeps gaining well, send it to top 40. If not, then they'll send another song out. Which song, I'm not too sure. After having the album on repeat, I'm not sure I want "I Got You" as the next single - I think the lack of a hook lets it down as a single choice and would be better following a hit single. I think "Ladders"/"Another Love Song"/"You Knew Me When" would be the way to go for the next US single, particularly "You Knew Me When" if they have some big TV slots ready for nearer Christmas time. I wouldn't mind if they sent "Power"/"Essence of Me" to HAC/AC radio either. I kind of want the US single releases to go like:

1. Thunder
    2. You Knew Me When
    3. Ladders/Another Love Song
    4. Another Love Song/Ladders
    5. Thank You/Essence of Me/Power
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE this new remix of Thunder, it was the one I was waiting for!

http://youtu.be/qfuPbnWyrEs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like they're pushing "Thunder" more with another remix being sent out. :cool:

Hopefully it'll start charting on the dance charts too.
  • Options
    ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like "I Am" is out the top 100 in the UK charts update this week

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart-update/

Chart run so far 12-43-out top 100

Sad it only managed two weeks in top 100 :(
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    LOVE this new remix of Thunder, it was the one I was waiting for!

http://youtu.be/qfuPbnWyrEs

wow :o its amazing ...they can send this to top40...it sounds like amazing single mix
  • Options
    ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Thunder remix too only just seen that!
  • Options
    X_UltimateBun_XX_UltimateBun_X Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg ! All of the videos of Leona from Taylor's tour have been blocked !
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg ! All of the videos of Leona from Taylor's tour have been blocked !

taylor's team blocks everything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not really a fan of the Tom Swoon remix of "Thunder", but if it gets it more airplay, I'm all for it. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.