Options

Hochanda TV on Freeview

2»

Comments

• Options
    David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it won't have been on at 5.30am, because it's always started at 6, as far as I'm aware. Television X broadcasts until 5.45 then there is a 15 minute "buffer" before unencrypted broadcasts start up again.

What times does the slide say?
    the time is 3am to 12am. so it looks like the slide was not update to the new times.
  • Options
    epsilonepsilon Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    direct observation as i put it on the channel around 5:30am today. when i switch over jest after 6am the channel was on air.

It has been operating from 6am to midnight since TVX stopped sharing with 5* and switched to sharing TJC capacity in early July. I posted the details to the changelog at the time.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=78777693&postcount=1689
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the time is 3am to 12am. so it looks like the slide was not update to the new times.

They haven't updated the text file for the slate, but it's an old change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from crossing it off, like train numbers, in your" Ian Allen" book of TV stations, are any of you going to actually watch this rubbish.

The "train numbers" are probably far more interesting than the channel content.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it won't have been on at 5.30am, because it's always started at 6, as far as I'm aware. Television X broadcasts until 5.45 then there is a 15 minute "buffer" before unencrypted broadcasts start up again.

TVX would have major problems with the regulator if they did actually broadcast until 5:45. The watershed is 5:30.
  • Options
    steveboswellsteveboswell Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you're right. I was getting it confused with Babestation, which stops at 4.45. Television X ceases at 5.30, then there is a half-hour gap until TJC.
  • Options
    tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like all shopping channels it does take time to get into working right with lighting, Camera and sound people.
    Sound is a bit on Echo side.
    Lighting just is not showing details at times.
    Lost of Details can be camera work too.
    It would have been better for the channel internet site was working on the 1st day too.

The channel does look like it's going be much wider in the crafts and arts then any other channel on before with metalwork, glasswork and others which should work as other craft channels just do manly cards .

Now remember that we are a 24/7 society now and people need to relax in all different ways and Arts & Crafts like train numbers , football , gardening and other hobbies are important for people to do.

Also remember that there are old, ill, disabled that can not always get to shops or go to hobby classes to enjoy life so a channel like this is better then just betting, sports, chat shows channels
  • Options
    tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HOCHANDA channels on 39 which is still under the name of "The Store"

This channel has had a very bad start with no real internet shopping site for customers to look at ,but for a page which shows a live HD video and long with them asking for your e-mail details to be kept up to date and how to become a share owner .....

Which they have been telling viewers that the site would be up and running soon then midweek and so on.

The channel also seems to be putting a larger amount of Repeat shows as the time goes along....

I have bought a gift for someone and call person was nice and easy to place the order and it came very quickly after ordering on Friday and getting the items on Monday in good order.
  • Options
    stuharris63stuharris63 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Interestingly, Big Centre TV (Birmingham Ch8) are broadcasting Hochanda overnight between 00:00 and 06:00 every night and also between 11:00 and 13:00 (Monday to Friday and 11:00 and 16:00 (Saturday and Sunday). The slot is called Craft Teleshopping.

Seems that local tv is being taken over by weak teleshopping channels.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly, Big Centre TV (Birmingham Ch8) are broadcasting Hochanda overnight between 00:00 and 06:00 every night and also between 11:00 and 13:00 (Monday to Friday and 11:00 and 16:00 (Saturday and Sunday). The slot is called Craft Teleshopping.

Seems that local tv is being taken over by weak teleshopping channels.

Our local Channel is now Teleshopping overnight; I expect this trend to continue as local TV struggles to survive.
  • Options
    stuharris63stuharris63 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Hochanda has been off air for the last few hours,

slate saying

"We are sorry for the interuption to this service and we are trying to rectify the fault"

Edit: Just found this on there Facebook page:

Sorry! We are currently off air because our fibre line that transmits our signal is currently down. The engineers are working on it and we will be back on air ASAP!
  • Options
    Jingle_JamesJingle_James Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    That doesn't surprise me considering they broadcast from a grotty trading estate in Peterborough.