Options

I Think We Need A Memorial Thread

Comments

• Options
    KrstiKrsti Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I am sorry for your sad loss I understand what you are going through.

We all cope with loss in different ways, No one is to say what is the right or wrong way to grieve.

I would say go get a cat, you will still grieve for Piggie, I am still grieving for my cat Enzo (it's nearly 4 weeks since he fell asleep in my arms), I still cry :cry: but I have a new cat now, I couldnt face comming home to an empty house. I got him from Battersea a week after Enzo passed away. He's called "Jean-Clawed" and he's is lovely, he will NEVER replace Enzo but like Enzo, Jean-Clawed is unique in his own way. :)

Thank you for your post xx I think that Jean-Clawed is a great name x
    I have now got a new cat, he is a rescue cat from Cats in Care, I fostered him to begin with but after a week I knew I couldn't let him go, he is very different from Piggie which I am glad about he is very independent, he is so sweet and very accepting of everyone unlike Piggie who was a temperamental madam who liked people on her own terms.He was originally called Shadow but I renamed him charlie x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Krsti wrote: »
    Thank you for your post xx I think that Jean-Clawed is a great name x
    I have now got a new cat, he is a rescue cat from Cats in Care, I fostered him to begin with but after a week I knew I couldn't let him go, he is very different from Piggie which I am glad about he is very independent, he is so sweet and very accepting of everyone unlike Piggie who was a temperamental madam who liked people on her own terms.He was originally called Shadow but I renamed him charlie x

I am glad you have saved a new cat, good luck with your new friend/companion "Jean-Clawed" or JC for short has settled down well he went out for his first time a few days ago....he came back, or rather came running back as fast as he could, because a "enemy cat" was chasing him. He came bounding in and hid behind me! that was nice as I now know this is his home ;)

We will have to come back here again to remember Piggie and Enzo who were too loved to ever be forgotten,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost my little dog Barney last September, had him since he was 5 months old...that was bad enough, now my other dog Dylan has to go to the vets...I'm really feeling sad because Barney went in his sleep and Dylan is struggling so I have to make the choice for him...feeling very guilty x
  • Options
    KrstiKrsti Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    girlie wrote: »
    I lost my little dog Barney last September, had him since he was 5 months old...that was bad enough, now my other dog Dylan has to go to the vets...I'm really feeling sad because Barney went in his sleep and Dylan is struggling so I have to make the choice for him...feeling very guilty x

Please don't feel guilty, you love Dylan and I'm sure you will make the right decision for him xx sending hugs to you xx
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We lost our cat Dylan this morning

He'd had a heart condition diagnosed when he was about 18 months old, but had been stable since then. Last week he went off his food, and the vets did an ultrasound scan to find that his heart had seriously deteriorated

Last night, after he'd spent a day mooching around the garden, visiting the neighbours, and sleeping in the sun, I noticed he was limping and his foot was cold (the sign of a blood clot)

The vets put him on heparin and gave him painkillers, but sadly he slipped away peacefully in his sleep this morning

RIP Dylan cat - already you're desperately missed

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56971275@N07/7014521637/
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just found out today that my lovely little cat marigold was killed by a car, she had been missing for around 6 days, we put up posters, talked to neighbours and looked everywhere, then today i got the phone call from the person who found the cat. i am devastated, i don't know what to do with myself, she is totally irreplacable, she was so intelligent and had such a wonderfully unique personality, i have never had a cat like her before.

038ou.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

023fd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i will never forget you my beautiful little marigold.............
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh how sad, Banana Rama - what a gorgeous cat

I think (hope) knowing what happened is better than worrying about her missing, but it's still very sad, all the same
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Krsti wrote: »
    Please don't feel guilty, you love Dylan and I'm sure you will make the right decision for him xx sending hugs to you xx

Dylan went to see my other dog Barney last Saturday...still feeling very very bad and very guilty...I know he was very old but I've never had to make that decision, all my other animals died at home...I was there till the end for him...x
  • Options
    peacelilypeacelily Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My rescue staffy got put to sleep, earlier today. I had him for 9 years. He'd lost weight the last few weeks, but then seemed to be healthy. The vets did tests (blood/urine), couldn't find anything, and said how healthy he was a dog his age, despite the fact he was down to half his weight.

It was thought perhaps he'd swallowed a foreign object. When he went in for surgery today, the surgeons found masses of tumours (undetected in their tests) They could have cut out most of his intestines, and then it would have been a case of touch and go, and being in a lot of pain, and drugs. The poor animal must have had them a long time.

He's gone, and its hard. I'm never getting another animal. I miss him so much. He was such a sweet little thing.

Thanks to whoever started this thread. A good way to remember our loved ones.

RIP Harry xxxxx
  • Options
    MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    One year ago today since my darling Tabitha was put to sleep.
    I still think of her every single day and she'll always be the most special cat to me.

I really miss her.

I agree that it's good to have somewhere to mark deaths and anniversaries.
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    I lost my Chipmunk Charlie yesterday to old age but he will live on on YouTube
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost my cat 2.5 years ago. I got her from a rescue place and she was with me for 19 years. She was the most wonderful amazing cat. Thank god she was taken from me quickly (blood infection) and was spared the pain of a lengthy illness.

I thought I would never get another cat after she died but after a couple of weeks feeling so unhappy, I knew my house needed another cat and I was ready for it. I went to a rescue place and came back with two!:D 2.5 years later they are part of the family and I wouldn't be without them.

Sometimes getting another pet to focus on can help the grieving process, it worked for me.
  • Options
    Juliet_G_Juliet_G_ Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Daisy70 wrote: »
    I lost my cat 2.5 years ago. I got her from a rescue place and she was with me for 19 years. She was the most wonderful amazing cat. Thank god she was taken from me quickly (blood infection) and was spared the pain of a lengthy illness.

I thought I would never get another cat after she died but after a couple of weeks feeling so unhappy, I knew my house needed another cat and I was ready for it. I went to a rescue place and came back with two!:D 2.5 years later they are part of the family and I wouldn't be without them.

Sometimes getting another pet to focus on can help the grieving process, it worked for me.

Thank you Daisy, stories like yours make me realise that, while I'm not ready yet myself, the time will come when a little cat will come into my life and I'll be able to offer it lots of love, & feel all that love back.

When does it stop hurting. My Billy died nearly 4 months ago & I'm still crying most days.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    My darling little Olli got run over tonight - driver didn`t even stop :(:cry:

R.I.P Olli :(

He was a sweet little thing and I`m so angry atm :mad::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your losses. I think of my little dog every day. Have shed a lot of tears for him. Things got better when I had a very vivid dream (not the first of him since he was pts).

In this dream, both dogs (I've ever owned) were with me at their prime, and happy. They ran together whilst we were walking down a country lane familiar to both of them, until they disappeared from view, playing happily.

I know they are at peace now, so is easier, although miss them dreadfully still. Keep looking for Harry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know, it does get easier, but I'm usually the first one home. That's when it really hits me that the boys aren't there anymore...miss them so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    girlie wrote: »
    Do you know, it does get easier, but I'm usually the first one home. That's when it really hits me that the boys aren't there anymore...miss them so much.

Still look for my dog every morning. Get the keys to let him out, before realisation sets in. I'm never going to forget him.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My darling dwarf house rabbit died last night, he was such a sweetie and was so inquisitive and gentle. RIP Milo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my beloved cat put to sleep today. She was so sick that there was nothing that could be done to save her - she was fine this time last week :(

Rest in peace Tiggy - I'm going miss you so very, very much x
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Horton wrote: »
    I had my beloved cat put to sleep today. She was so sick that there was nothing that could be done to save her - she was fine this time last week :(

Aww that was pretty sudden :(

RIP Tiggy
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Horton wrote: »

That's terrible! :( R.I.P Tiggy

It's five months since my Winnie died tomorrow. The time has flown by. I miss her loads :cry:
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had our beautiful Silver-Tabby pts this morning..we are all heartbroken..she was 21 though and has had a fabulous life..RIP Saffi...we all miss you xxx

A year ago already...we still miss her everyday...xxx
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We said our final goodbye to Logan this morning, a lovely Golden Retriever who managed to reach the age of 16 last week, before a combination of failing eyesight and chronic mobility problems meant that we had to let him go. We had given him our full love and attention every hour of every day, helping him to get around, making sure that he had a bowl of water brought to him, and making our life revolve around his needs. But we knew that he was slipping away after the last couple of days.

He will be missed, as he joins Bramble, Willow and Moss at Rainbow Bridge.

Goodbye Logan, you were a lovely, laid-back character. We will never forget you.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A year ago today our Minou dropped dead in front of us..she was a bad tempered moggie but we loved her.

Losing our two cats a few days apart was a terrible thing for us. And they are both missed every day.
  • Options
    DPSDPS Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just lost my little girl this morning. Eighteen year old cat. Kidney failure. She was normal a few days ago, and then started being sick - the vet tried treatment but she went downhill so quickly that there wasn't anything that could be done.

Cuddled her as much as possible yesterday, and took her in this morning. Can't stop crying at the moment. My little Daisy. Going to miss her squeaks and cuddles.