What would be your solution to gang culture?

12346»

Comments

• .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    m4rk1 wrote: »
    Well Lauren, judging by your last few posts it doesn't seem you've got much of a solution yourself other than to sympathise.

Watching citizenship videos ad nauseam , and I mean ad nauseam will help to change their way of thinking.

Not in solitary confinement it doesn't. They'll be too busy learning how to be model citizens and working the crank.

There's plenty of punishment and plenty of rehabilitation all packed into a few short weeks.

OK, I retract the last suggestion. I'll be kind and move it down one to number 9 and insert public flogging in at 8.

I'm not sympathising with gangs, not at all, I can't abide them. I'm just pointing out the current problems that exist with the current approach we have. Going easy on them isn't going to work but neither is your more violent approach either.
  • cadscads Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    lets not split hairs just have a cull
  • EyeOfTheStormEyeOfTheStorm Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back nationalised industries and offer all kids the chance of an apprenticeship with a decent wage and job at the end of it without making them feel like they have more chance of winning the lottery.

Kids need hope.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Education is the answer. A serious shock education about drugs and what they actually do to the individual and society. Then make them legal from special outlets undercutting illegal suppliers so there's no profit in it.

Legalise prostitution and get rid of pimping.

Make anything Gangsta related seriously uncool on TV and media - first off by not continually promoting it as normal.
  • rickberickbe Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how China deals with gangs.

They have a very successful economy and society and much safer streets by all accounts so they must be doing something right.

Maybe we can learn something from them.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    rickbe wrote: »

They have a very successful economy and society and much safer streets by all accounts so they must be doing something right.

Really? When i was in China crime was bloody terrifying. We were given a map with red streets on that we were not to go down in any circumstance and at least 2 thirds of the streets were red.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member

You never heard of the Triads then? Of course the difference between them and our homegrown gangs, is that they're all smartly dressed, much more organised and dangerous. China is hardly a model for what our society should be like.
  • rickberickbe Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You never heard of the Triads then? Of course the difference between them and our homegrown gangs, is that they're all smartly dressed, much more organised and dangerous. China is hardly a model for what our society should be like.

They sound rather like City bankers.
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member

They also censor their citizen's internet use, free speech is non-existent, human rights - forget that! As mentioned, the Triads who are far more organised than any gang in this country, basically a Chinese Mafia.

All in all, China is most definitely not the model of how to run a country. And on this, I definitely agree with Puzzler.