Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
misawa97 wrote: »
Hampden should never of been built. Waste of money and wasn't needed at all.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1695333

Comments

• CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
      Forum Member
      New thread but I guess there will be a continuation of the same old bollox so I will get it started on a positive note Morton are top of the league :D
    • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Hampden should never have been renovated, it should've been demolished and rebuilt without the oval.
    • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      bhoy07 wrote: »
      Hampden should never have been renovated, it should've been demolished and rebuilt without the oval.

Yeah, should have been rebuilt with 2 tiers all the way around and the stands much closer to the pitch.
    • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Of course Scotland needs a national stadium. It's just that we needed a much better one than the shambles that Hampden Park is. It's too small, has poor facilities, poor views of the pitch and is in too much of a built up area. The renovation was done very poorly indeed.
    • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,758
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Just for the poster on the old thread, yes the team currently playing in Div 3 known as Rangers is a new club, that is why they are in Div 3. And as for it being 'hatred', you are a fool.

And of course Hampden should never have been renovated, a total waste of money.
    • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,156
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      What is the point in starting up the tiresome "new club" routine again?

As for Hampden, I'm not sure anyone really likes it. I certainly don't.
    • bcdeebcdee Posts: 317,191
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Will Dundee sack Barry Smith or give him money to strengthen the team?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      What is the point in starting up the tiresome "new club" routine again?

As for Hampden, I'm not sure anyone really likes it. I certainly don't.

It is very important, the media and guys like Green are attempting to convince us that this club is the old club. Yet it is not. The truth is always important and when lies are told they should always be confronted and corrected.
    • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
      Forum Member
      bcdee wrote: »

Do they have money to spend?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      bcdee wrote: »

Probably neither. Though I'm far from an expert on Dundee.

Is it Smith's fault? Could they realistically get somebody in to get more out of the players?
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      pedrok wrote: »
      It is very important, the media and guys like Green are attempting to convince us that this club is the old club. Yet it is not. The truth is always important and when lies are told they should always be confronted and corrected.

You're a crusader for truth then. Aye, OK.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Michel Platini seems to have written off Celtic v Juve. He is quoted as saying, “After being drawn against Celtic we can already consider Juve to be in the quarter-finals. Juventus will count themselves very fortunate".

Whatever you think of Celtic, surely the president of UEFA shouldn't be saying things like this?
    • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
      Forum Member
      Ahem, it wasnt me who brought it up, that particular bait was laid by another poster, i merely "confronted and corrected" as you say.:D

By the way, did you read the link i provided?...LINK
    • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
      Forum Member
      If a random poster on a forum says Rangers are new club, then they must be, no matter how much the governing bodies say otherwise
    • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah, 'cause timmy's been proved right all along about everything throughout this Rangers saga....:D:rolleyes:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      OMTT wrote: »
      If a random poster on a forum says Rangers are new club, then they must be, no matter how much the governing bodies say otherwise

The governing bodies that made the new club start in Div 3, those bodies.

What does UEFA and FIFA say?
    • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,760
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Could they realistically get somebody in to get more out of the players?
      I'd like to think so. The errors and lack of motivation are basic, which would see this team struggle in the First Division.

The idea was that this squad was assembled to win the title. With that in mind, they should be capable of at least putting up a fight in the SPL, because if you earn promotion you don't tell the players "thanks, now piss off while we bring in better ones".
    • bcdeebcdee Posts: 317,191
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Probably neither. Though I'm far from an expert on Dundee.

Is it Smith's fault? Could they realistically get somebody in to get more out of the players?

If Dunfermline continue to have money trouble maybe Jim Jeffries will be the man to come in.

As much as Smith seems to be a decent person, I dont see him being the man to inspire the team.

I think he should have left after keeping us in the first division, other teams might have taken a chance on him and he would have moved on being remembered in the right way.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Dundee were left in a situation where they were given very little time to prepare for a SPL season thanks to the failure of the football authorities in this country to deal with the liquidation of the old Rangers.

Dundee should have been promoted the day Rangers were liquidated. The fact that they are still, just, within touching distance is actually a credit to Smith and his players.
    • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      January will be a big month for Dundee and will make or break the season.
    • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Michel Platini seems to have written off Celtic v Juve. He is quoted as saying, “After being drawn against Celtic we can already consider Juve to be in the quarter-finals. Juventus will count themselves very fortunate".

Whatever you think of Celtic, surely the president of UEFA shouldn't be saying things like this?

Why not? Nothing wrong with him stating his opinion.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      TrebleKing wrote: »
      Of course Scotland needs a national stadium. It's just that we needed a much better one than the shambles that Hampden Park is. It's too small, has poor facilities, poor views of the pitch and is in too much of a built up area. The renovation was done very poorly indeed.

Why? Plenty of other countries do just fine with no national stadium. Scottish football has many problems and a national stadium wasn't a requirement. That money should of been used to change the way football is practised in scotland and improve facilities and coaching for youngsters.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Dundee were left in a situation where they were given very little time to prepare for a SPL season thanks to the failure of the football authorities in this country to deal with the liquidation of the old Rangers.

Dundee should have been promoted the day Rangers were liquidated. The fact that they are still, just, within touching distance is actually a credit to Smith and his players.

The company that used to run Rangers wasn't liquidated till well after the season started.

As for Dundee's squad, see the comments from Mark.

Another thing to remember about Dundee is that they were a very distant second in Division One last season. But good luck to them. They have a tough task. If they can somehow get a couple of players in (the right ones of course!) they have a chance of staying up. As for the manager I don't know but there are some interesting comments from bcdee.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      misawa97 wrote: »
      Why not? Nothing wrong with him stating his opinion.

Surely the president of UEFA should be seen to be neutral. If it was Joe Punter it would be a different matter.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Surely the president of UEFA should be seen to be neutral. If it was Joe Punter it would be a different matter.

If his saying he hopes Juventus win then that would be wrong. I don't see a problem with him saying who he thinks will win in any of the ties.
    This discussion has been closed.