Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    charles green to urge rangers board to look for a route out of.scottish football if.restructuring of league goes ahead
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES

the SFA are actually doing the right thing with the new league setup

and good that they have a PROPER split in the setup, and that PROMOTES competitive, something lacking in the setup so far, and hopefully the'll also reset the stats going into the what i would call ..... THE TRIPLE EIGHTS!

and i would call them
    THE PREMIER TRIPLE8
    THE PRO-REG8
    THE NATIONAL8
    :D

and charles green has gone full retard, and just spat his dummy out, because they couldn't get to play in the big boys playhouse!!!

idiot

he's saying that he want the board to consider "a way out" of scottish football ALTOGETHER!!!
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    charles green to urge rangers board to look for a route out of.scottish football if.restructuring of league goes ahead
    Well that's one way of getting universal support for the plans.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Best be quick then as these proposals will be in force next season.

I'm sure Linfield will help them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Green:“In what league do you win a division and then end up playing the same teams again the following season?"

Answer is A. SPL
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good luck with that.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The long fantasised (though not by many) idea of a Holland-Belgium-Scotland Superleague of these amazing superpowers of football (Anderlecht, Rangers, Genk...erm..., err Club Bruges?)

Nightmare for fans, increased costs and I can't imagine massively lucrative TV deals from any of the nations involved.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, if reconstruction goes ahead, Rangers will be forced to play next season in the third tier and will walk away.
    However, if reconstruction does not go ahead, Rangers will happily play on next season... in the third tier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats the first interview ive seen chuckles give and he never mentioned being brought up in sheffeild out of curiosity how many times did he mention he was ceo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if they've announced whether the points totals are reset after 22 games?

Would increase chances of other SPL sides pushing for title if they've got a 14 game window.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caller on Clyde: "If Rangers were there, Magners wouldn't be going anywhere near Celtic"

Clearly doesn't understand the nature of who owns Magners.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    So, if reconstruction goes ahead, Rangers will be forced to play next season in the third tier and will walk away.
    However, if reconstruction does not go ahead, Rangers will happily play on next season... in the third tier.

You aren't really getting it are you??

If league reconstruction goes ahead then the games in Div 3 have been pointless kick arounds for ALL the teams in that particular division - not just Rangers.

If you were a season ticket holder or indeed a broadcaster believing that these were competitive games you were shelling out for then I don't imagine you would be too happy ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    You aren't really getting it are you??

If league reconstruction goes ahead then the games in Div 3 have been pointless kick arounds for ALL the teams in that particular division - not just Rangers.

If you were a season ticket holder or indeed a broadcaster believing that these were competitive games you were shelling out for then I don't imagine you would be too happy ...

The other 9 teams won't notice any difference as this season already is effectively pointless for them.

It's just a smokescreen because you're not being fast tracked into the top division.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry Butcher turns down Barnsley.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    If I understand correctly the SPL 2 will be the only league in the world that does not need a trophy or medals.

The league starts with 12 clubs.

After 22 games it splits.

Bottom 8 play to avoid relegation to the National League.

Top 4 from SPL 2 join the SPL 1 bottom 4 to determine the league they play in the following year.

There is never ever a crowned champion to the SPL2.

Yet, they have called it "THE CHAMPIONSHIP"
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Terry Butcher turns down Barnsley.

No surprise there, a very public 2nd choice
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Board of Rangers want the Club to quit Scottish Football what League or FA will have them and if they wanted to play in the English Leagues what division would they start in because i can't see the Football League putting them in the Championship:confused:
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top 8 of spl will keep their points

Bottom 4 top 4 would.have points reset I think
  • bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Pointless:rolleyes:
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

more like too COWARDLY to start equal more like :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not for me then, if they were all reset then I can see the value in the split.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Green:“In what league do you win a division and then end up playing the same teams again the following season?"

Answer is A. SPL

Has he ever been in charge of a top flight team before??
    Ambassador wrote: »
    The long fantasised (though not by many) idea of a Holland-Belgium-Scotland Superleague of these amazing superpowers of football (Anderlecht, Rangers, Genk...erm..., err Club Bruges?)

Why would a 4th tier Scottish team be in a Holland-Belgium-Scotland Superleague??

Lots of teams in front of them with sets of accounts.
    carnoch04 wrote: »

That seems to have been ignored.

Even if the status quo remains it would still be another 2 season before The Rangers could possibly get back into the top tier of Scottish football.
    bingoman wrote: »
    If the Board of Rangers want the Club to quit Scottish Football what League or FA will have them and if they wanted to play in the English Leagues what division would they start in because i can't see the Football League putting them in the Championship:confused:

The English FA are not interested in accepting any more Scottish sides.

Let The Rangers, or whatever holding company of holding company initiate withdrawing from Scottish football and see how long it is before the corporate investors get a vote of no confidence and Chuckles is removed.

Still, his latest attempt at playing to the gallery got some of the headlines away from Celtic agreeing a multi million pound sponsorship deal......
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Still, his latest attempt at playing to the gallery got some of the headlines away from Celtic agreeing a multi million pound sponsorship deal......

I would imagine the Celtic board and management are loving Green, he's such good copy that most hacks concentrate on Rangers. Therefore Celtic only create headlines with football, mostly they're left alone to get on with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funniest thing about Green's complaint is that even with even with the 16-10-16 plan that he backed they would still be in the bottom tier.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand I can just (and only just) see his point about fans being short-changed, because they went into this season believing 1st = promotion, whereas it might turn out to be 1-10 = promotion (of sorts).

However, there will be an additional 8 teams, almost an entire extra league, that they haven't played this season. So it's still the third tier and I'd say sufficiently different to keep interest.
This discussion has been closed.