Options

Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    DMfan wrote: »
    You raise an interesting point as I am one of those who preferred the Season 1, 2 and even 3 doc to, especially, season 5. I guess the real question is if doc became the grumpier, humor-free man we saw in seasons 4 and 5, what do we want him to be in Season 6? With the humanizing influence of Louisa and James Henry, will he revert to Season 1 and 2 doc with some wry humor and personality tempered by justified grumpiness with the villagers? Or will he be the same as in Season 5 - loving to James but not so much to Louisa? What is the balance for him?

I really don't expect him to be any friendlier with the villagers but I think his relationship with Louisa depends on Louisa. Perhaps with a proper wedding and living arrangements and no Eleanor in the picture we can get a more even tempered Doc. I just hope for a less frantic Louisa. That should do the trick.
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    I believe he asked for glycerin suppositories for baby James Henry. They are commonly used for infants that don't poop. (Excuse my graphic language but some of us are Moms here, as well as my professional background...really, pediatricians are down in trenches.). Pessary rings however...

Actually, he did not specify for whom the suppositories were for. I suppose LG could be constipated, too, after giving birth, or even him (perhaps he had snuck in a little alcohol, which he said constipated him). :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    I think you're right, Renee. Seems to have become a little running joke and I think it's one MC enjoys. Didn't the Doc also once ask Mrs. T for something for a fungus and she asked if it was just for the feet or the "dhobie" itch?

Haha! That was so funny. He gritted his teeth and said, "Just the feet." Then he saw Louisa walk by outside and said, "I'll live," as he hurriedly caught up with her, so he could give her that lovely birthday card. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Actually, he did not specify for whom the suppositories were for. I suppose LG could be constipated, too, after giving birth, or even him (perhaps he had snuck in a little alcohol, which he said constipated him). :)

Here's another theory about the glycerin suppositories. I thought his his drunken statement about Aunty Joan saying he was "constipated" referred to the constipation of his emotions am inability to access them or express them. Maybe the suppositories were metaphorical symbol of his desire to want to be able to be accessible and able to express his real self.

I am writing this tongue in cheek in the case that you perceive me as a total wacko.....most likely he was restocking the surgery.
  • Options
    ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's another theory about the glycerin suppositories. I thought his his drunken statement about Aunty Joan saying he was "constipated" referred to the constipation of his emotions am inability to access them or express them. Maybe the suppositories were metaphorical symbol of his desire to want to be able to be accessible and able to express his real self.

I am writing this tongue in cheek in the case that you perceive me as a total wacko.....most likely he was restocking the surgery.

I agree that he was talking about emotional constipation. At least that's what I always thought he meant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Conniej wrote: »
    I agree that he was talking about emotional constipation. At least that's what I always thought he meant.

Mofromco
    See? You are never alone with your theories on this forum, no matter how wacko. :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me, three.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member

And me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I just read a spoiler on facebook ( wasn't looking for one intentionally, it just sort of happened), and if it's true...well this season just gets interesting-er and interesting-er.
    "Don't know if its been mentioned yet (probably has, haven't caught up properly with the posts yet), but the doc's mom is back in town !!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Don't know if its been mentioned yet (probably has, haven't caught up properly with the posts yet), but the doc's mom is back in town !!"

This is a quote from someone who spends quite a bit of time in PI.
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me five :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read a spoiler on facebook ( wasn't looking for one intentionally, it just sort of happened), and if it's true...well this season just gets interesting-er and interesting-er.

This is a quote from someone who spends quite a bit of time in PI.

It looks like we read this at the same time!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    About the new spoiler
    I wonder WHY she is back. Could it be because of the chap she met in Portugal has shown her what love is, and now Martin had written to her to tell her she is a Grandmother. Hence her coming back. Out of his parents I thought his father would come back, seeing he has siblings in the village also. Unless Margret always got on with Ruth. I feel sorry for Louisa, I mean no doubt his mother will be watching her every move. But now it's her time to have a mother-in-law around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Help, I need to make another reply to this spoiler but I realize that it itself is a quasi-spoiler. I know it's on the thread somewhere but I won't be able to find it. Quick review on spoiler alerts, por favor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Help, I need to make another reply to this spoiler but I realize that it itself is a quasi-spoiler. I know it's on the thread somewhere but I won't be able to find it. Quick review on spoiler alerts, por favor.

On the top right, above the 'smilies', is a light 'S'. You put your info between the 2 spoiler things that come up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    It looks like we read this at the same time!:p

Facebook stalkers UNITE! :p:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the top right, above the 'smilies', is a light 'S'. You put your info between the 2 spoiler things that come up.
    Thanks Conniej....somehow this reappearance doesn't really surprise me. When I first watched that episode I noticed that Claire Bloom was Doc's Mum. I am not familiar with her body of work but I am aware of the fact that she is a a REAL ACTRESS of the calibre of Dame Judi Dench or Dame Edith Evans. Then she only had 2 or 3 monosyllabic lines lines and one soliloquy. I wondered why they would waste such a talent. This is why.

Interestingly in my series rewatch I watched that episode today. She certainly said some horrible things to Martin but in a way I found her to be a tragic character. I hated her, certainly but I I she also made me feel really really sad. His Dad was a thug and totally misguided......very sad again. Human beings can do horrible things to others through ther emotional behavior. That whole episode was so tragic and definitely defined a lot of what goes on in DM's psyche. This new development sounds brilliant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Perhaps with a proper wedding and living arrangements and no Eleanor in the picture we can get a more even tempered Doc. I just hope for a less frantic Louisa. That should do the trick.

I didn't find that the Doc lost his temper with Louisa. Even when he broke his Venitian glass tumbler, his coffee machine (even when it wasn't broken, but he must have believed it would be for a moment) and not even when she defiantly munched her chocolate digestives.
    I second your statement about Lousia, but I definetly hope if things settle, she'll be alright.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Oh no! No more relatives! They should get a quadruple funeral for all of the parents!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    Me five :cool:

Me six :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    About the new spoiler
    I wonder WHY she is back. Could it be because of the chap she met in Portugal has shown her what love is, and now Martin had written to her to tell her she is a Grandmother. Hence her coming back. Out of his parents I thought his father would come back, seeing he has siblings in the village also. Unless Margret always got on with Ruth. I feel sorry for Louisa, I mean no doubt his mother will be watching her every move. But now it's her time to have a mother-in-law around.
    I am very intrigued by the return of the DMs mother. It has always bugged me that LG never new what happened when DMs parents visited and the utter rejection he experienced from his mom. I can imagine a mom like that being very annoyed, despite her rejection of him, that he had a baby and got married without telling her. "Just because I don't want you, doesn't me you shouldn't still want me." I would enjoy an opportunity for LG to understand just how broken his parental relationships are and that it is really through no fault of his own.

The first thing I thought when I saw the blue tarps was an attempt to block the crowds from seeing the filming. That perhaps there was a plot surprise that had to be filmed outside in one of the villages but that would be too obvious to the public. The asbestos excuse could just be a story because don't they normally tent the whole house when they do asbestos removal?

I have no insider information, so I am just speculating and it is so much fun to do so!!!!
  • Options
    mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    About the new spoiler
    Can I just tell you, after reading this I am looking forward to the moment when she confronts Aunt Ruth...or maybe Ruth confronts her and lets that tongue loose in a way Martin can't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I see someone in a Tyvek suit and respirator in these pictures so I guess I am wrong in speculation that it is not asbestos removal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like the green jacket is standard issue for the cast - protection from the cold - Clair bloom, MC and CC each wearing one.
This discussion has been closed.