Coleen Nolan on This Morning "fighting for her marriage"

2»

Comments

• Options
    mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    I think she's one of the most hideous people in showbiz, happy to go on about her bathroom habits (and her husband's!) on TV, bragging about getting her son a prostitute for his 16th birthday, being proud to be thick and basically representing everything vulgar and unpleasant about modern society.

How on earth can someone like this have people interested enough in her to buy whatever grubby "books" they release! Crazy.

UGH!!! Really? Why the hell would you do that?! From his MOTHER? A woman buying another woman to have sex with her teenage son. I don't want to cast judgement on sex workers but I don't think we should be promoting their business either. Very few people who regularly use them (or work as one) come out unscathed…
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Ibragging about getting her son a prostitute for his 16th birthday.

Perhaps I'm thinking of the same case but I recall her saying on TV that she would let her son go to Amsterdam, presumably to enjoy the prostitutes amongst other things, as a reward for doing his GCSEs. When challenged on why she would allow that, she responded, in a "so what?" kind of way, that it was no big deal as her son had been having sex since he was 15. Um, that's illegal.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm thinking of the same case but I recall her saying on TV that she would let her son go to Amsterdam, presumably to enjoy the prostitutes amongst other things, as a reward for doing his GCSEs. When challenged on why she would allow that, she responded, in a "so what?" kind of way, that it was no big deal as her son had been having sex since he was 15. Um, that's illegal.

I do also remember (once on LW) her going on about her son having underage sex and treating it like 'Ah well, boys will be boys' but was once shocked when she said on air that she had doubts about the kind of girls he was bringing home. Monumentally stupid as those girls and their parents had no real right of reply at the time and I remember wondering what made it ok for him to be doing what he was doing but casting doubts on the morality of those he was doing it with. It sticks in my mind as being one of the most inconsistent things she has said and I haven't forgotten it.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything in her life has a price on it
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    No, they've been married for fourteen years she said.....:confused:

The headline was totally misleading. She said their marriage was "fine right now" but they'd had their ups and downs blah blah blah. In essence, we didn't find out why she was "fighting for it" but it seemed to be in relation to something she'd written in the new chapter for her book but it wasn't elaborated on.....:confused:

I didn't stick around for the phone in!

The whole "I am fighting for my marriage" fiasco is to SELL HER BOOK. Grab a headline and get the book in the media. Sadly, it appears Coleen will do anything to make a buck. Quite honestly, we have heard more than enough about Coleen and her problems, her marriage, her ex-Shane, her boys, her dreadful spiteful fights with her sisters etc. Is there anything new to learn about Coleen!!!! No, so we hear about her "marriage problems"!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mvloca wrote: »
    UGH!!! Really? Why the hell would you do that?! From his MOTHER? A woman buying another woman to have sex with her teenage son. I don't want to cast judgement on sex workers but I don't think we should be promoting their business either. Very few people who regularly use them (or work as one) come out unscathed…

Coleen got lots and lots of air time after that remark on Loose Women! Personally, I think that was the whole point!! She has not changed!!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole "I am fighting for my marriage" fiasco is to SELL HER BOOK. Grab a headline and get the book in the media. Sadly, it appears Coleen will do anything to make a buck. Quite honestly, we have heard more than enough about Coleen and her problems, her marriage, her ex-Shane, her boys, her dreadful spiteful fights with her sisters etc. Is there anything new to learn about Coleen!!!! No, so we hear about her "marriage problems"!!!!!!

Coleen seems to be the biggest sell-out of all the sisters. She only really hung onto the coat-tails of the group by being the youngest sister and by then their success was fading out.

Even after Bernie's death she has left no stone unturned in continuing the running commentary of the fallout with her sisters. It is an embarrassment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Coleen seems to be the biggest sell-out of all the sisters. She only really hung onto the coat-tails of the group by being the youngest sister and by then their success was fading out.

Even after Bernie's death she has left no stone unturned in continuing the running commentary of the fallout with her sisters. It is an embarrassment.

She appears to be the bread-winner in her family! I guess all these interviews and newspaper articles AND books allow her to live a good lifestyle!! Personally I am amazed that her books sell. Coleen seems to sell every aspect of her life, even the death of her sister Bernie is discussed on TV, the whole last few days of her life etc. Horrendous.