Programme behind EPG

2»

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    I think the housekeeping download is new to 1.00.15.
    I imagine that on 1:00;13 standby on holidays would create the situation for missed changes.

afaik V1.00.13 downloaded the epg as part of the housekeeping (equivalent to pressing guide). Unless of course the channel you have a recording reservation is deleted from the epg then even under v13 the epg should be updated, otherwise you could not go away for longer than 8 days. Wen't away for 3 wks last year all series recordings worked fine. As the last 2 weeks data wasn't there when I left it must update the epg in sby and/or when a recording takes place.
  • galleonslapgalleonslap Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I have definitely noticed that the EPG download seems to not complete since upgrading to .15 beta. It's possible this may be a coincidence, but it seems likely it's the upgrade. This means reserving a programme isn't possible other than via the schedule/red method. There are short-term fixes like forcing a Freesat tune, but the problem soon comes back again. I have programmed a macro on my programmable remote as a work-around but I never had to do this with .13. :confused:
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    afaik V1.00.13 downloaded the epg as part of the housekeeping (equivalent to pressing guide). Unless of course the channel you have a recording reservation is deleted from the epg then even under v13 the epg should be updated, otherwise you could not go away for longer than 8 days. Wen't away for 3 wks last year all series recordings worked fine. As the last 2 weeks data wasn't there when I left it must update the epg in sby and/or when a recording takes place.

Yes - you are correct - I was thinking of the channel scan which is new - this would have caused problems if they occured on holiday with 1.00.13 (I Think).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have definitely noticed that the EPG download seems to not complete since upgrading to .15 beta. It's possible this may be a coincidence, but it seems likely it's the upgrade. This means reserving a programme isn't possible other than via the schedule/red method. There are short-term fixes like forcing a Freesat tune, but the problem soon comes back again. I have programmed a macro on my programmable remote as a work-around but I never had to do this with .13. :confused:

Mines the same as usual.
    Forum Member
    Mines the same as usual.
    Interesting because I just tried mine again and the EPG did complete, like it used to. Typical! I tried this last night and it didn't. I left it for 15 mins without success. That suggests to me it's something occasional maybe in the EPG data? If no-one else is seeing this perhaps it's some kind of intermittent in my box, or a signal issue? I did check the signal last night and got 90% and 100% respectively for tuner 1 & 2, it's the same now. Edit: That's strength, quality was/is 100% for both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - you are correct - I was thinking of the channel scan which is new - this would have caused problems if they occured on holiday with 1.00.13 (I Think).

As it happened a channel update did happen whilst I was away (I updated the Excel stuff from Mexico). Pretty sure the recording data uses the vpid's so a transponder change on even a channel that switched transponder should have been OK (I think :confused:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mines the same as usual.

So's mine. Something wrong here has the OP tried a factory reset ?
    Forum Member
    So's mine. Something wrong here has the OP tried a factory reset ?

As far as I'm concerned (I'm not the OP) I tried a factory reset when I first noticed this and it cured it, but it came back in a couple of days. Similarly a Freesat tune instigated through the menu works, but the effect returned after a few days. Powering off/on may help also. It seems OK again now but I'll keep an eye on it and note dates/times accurately. It seems to me it's intermittent in some way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting because I just tried mine again and the EPG did complete, like it used to. Typical! I tried this last night and it didn't. I left it for 15 mins without success. That suggests to me it's something occasional maybe in the EPG data? If no-one else is seeing this perhaps it's some kind of intermittent in my box, or a signal issue? I did check the signal last night and got 90% and 100% respectively for tuner 1 & 2, it's the same now. Edit: That's strength, quality was/is 100% for both.

You were checking the frequency of the freesat transponder?
    Forum Member
    You were checking the frequency of the freesat transponder?

As far as I know as box was on a channel, EPG was trying to load and nothing recording. EPG txp should be on one of the tuners.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know as box was on a channel, EPG was trying to load and nothing recording. EPG txp should be on one of the tuners.

The freesat transponder is on 11428 H 27500 A.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The freesat transponder is on 11428 H 27500 A.

Just to note it says 11427 H on my hdr, to test the signal you have to goto manual tune and select the right transponder. I doubt that it's a signal problem. This has happened before, although the message downloading data is displayed the data is in fact there. In the past a freesat tune and not saving the results has cleared the problem