✭✭✭
Enjoy :)

Automan

Comments

• Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to do a manual scan on the Humax to get it but it's there!

Now all I need are some C4 programmes that I want to watch.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Automan wrote: »

Automan

Think us 1.00.15 people will have to wait to tommorow. [unless you do a manual scan]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more afternoon movies, in fact hardly any at all :( Rights issue maybe now not protected by viewing card?

The Ten Commandments is on which has just been released on Blu-Ray so depending upon their copy it may look pretty good.
    FILM: The Ten Commandments
    On: Channel 4 (104)
    Date: Monday 25th April 2011 (starting in 5 days)
    Time: 10:35 to 14:40 (4 hours and 5 minutes long)

An anytime alert is set for 15 minutes before the programme starts
    Cecil B DeMille's Biblical epic stars Charlton Heston as Moses, leading his people out of Egypt to the Promised Land and collecting the Ten Commandments along the way. Yul Brynner plays the Egyptian Pharaoh Rameses, with Anne Baxter as Nefretiri, Yvonne de Carlo as Sephora and Edward G Robinson as Dathan. DeMille had made a silent version in 1923 but this remake was to be his last film. It remains one of the top grossing films of all time and was also one of the most expensive, costing $13.5 million, a record at that time.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, 1956, U, 4 Star)

Director: Cecil B. DeMille
    Starring: Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Anne Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, Yvonne de Carlo, Debra Paget

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marked By: 'Search for : Charlton Heston' and 'Category: Film' markers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=69933

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

DD 5.1 Sound works as do subtitles :)

Automan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member

Automan
    Can't. TV repair shop just taken my lovely Sony for repair and forgot to bring a replacement TV. :cry:
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    Think us 1.00.15 people will have to wait to tommorow. [unless you do a manual scan]

Correct, manually scanned my box. Only snag is that you have to reset customise channels if you have used the capability :D
  • Options
    macuk83macuk83 Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol its been available for over a month, also there is already a thread on ch4 hd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macuk83 wrote: »
    Lol its been available for over a month, also there is already a thread on ch4 hd

But only under test and not published in the FreeSat EPG.

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pure rubbish, many freesat boxes have not been able to view it, others were able to view but no Freesat+ recording capability.

It's now a fully fledged Freesat channel with Accurate Record and Series Link and EPG access.
  • Options
    jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not on the Freesat epg it hasn't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct, manually scanned my box. Only snag is that you have to reset customise channels if you have used the capability :D

Indeed.

I've got rid of a lot of channels that clutter up the space before Film4.

But, even though there is little I watch on C4, I just had to see the HD version in the EPG so I've just given myself unnecessary work.

Perhaps I'll grow up before I get to retirement age. :D

(Actually, having had a good look at the C4 listings there is a promising programme: "The DaVinci Detective" on Thursday (or very late Wednesday if you like.))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most people are aware of that but it's appearance on the EPG now means we can set timers.
  • Options
    macuk83macuk83 Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well buy a box where you can add extra channels and not have to wait for freesat to put them on the epg
  • Options
    2Bdecided2Bdecided Posts: 4,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well buy a box where you can add extra channels and not have to wait for freesat to put them on the epg
    And miss out on a proper EPG and accurate record? No thanks!

FWIW I already have a box which allows that - it's my Freesat box in "non-Freesat" mode. Guess what - I never use non-Freesat mode.

Cheers,
    David.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suggest you read the thread title and look what forum you are posting in. Many of us have been viewing CH4-HD for a while using Freesat boxes in Free To Air mode how that's relevant in this thread defeats me :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just brought my Samsung marvel out of standby and it already has 126 in it's EPG.

So I guess it does it's scan for new channels at a different time?

I would try and record a movie but for 126 it hardly has any EPG :(

Automan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just brought my Samsung marvel out of standby and it already has 126 in it's EPG.

So I guess it does it's scan for new channels at a different time?

I would try and record a movie but for 126 it hardly has any EPG :(

Automan

It will be very interesting what channel it actually decides to record :D.. On the hdr the SD CH4 epg has links to the HD channel, does the Samsung let you set a recording this way ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be very interesting what channel it actually decides to record :D.. On the hdr the SD CH4 epg has links to the HD channel, does the Samsung let you set a recording this way ?

I just went to record "The Ten Commandments" from 104 and it did not offer 126 which still has a blank epg :(

Automan
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,681
    Forum Member
    DD 5.1 Sound works
    Which programme was that on? Brothers and Sisters? Not working for me on Come Dine With Me which is listed in the Radio Times as HD. Anyone know which HD programmes today should have DD5.1 audio?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Which programme was that on? Brothers and Sisters? Not working for me on Come Dine With Me which is listed in the Radio Times as HD. Anyone know which HD programmes today should have DD5.1 audio?

DD2.0 on mine. Glee which I test recorded a day or two ago was 5.1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Done a manual scan on my humax to see and it only picks up this channel on non freesat mode starange in deed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaddyKev wrote: »
    Done a manual scan on my humax to see and it only picks up this channel on non freesat mode starange in deed.

If you mean literally manual scan, the option you need is freesat tune not manual tune.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have deleted quite a bit of trash channels - so I will wait to tommorow and will check then to see what the housekeeper brought :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Jepson wrote: »
    Had to do a manual scan on the Humax to get it but it's there!

Now all I need are some C4 programmes that I want to watch.

i had to do the same i cant count the number of times this forum has given me a head up NHK WORLD HD for example which freesat say it will be coming in may

plus a rather old sel install guide for sky hd which allowed me to install sky plus hd box that a friend had given me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    I have deleted quite a bit of trash channels - so I will wait to tommorow and will check then to see what the housekeeper brought :)

i am proud to say i dont have a house keeper lol:D
  • Options
    Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly peeved to find no indication of [HD] via the info button on any C4 listings (so far). ;-((

Means it's difficult to just record HD material in HD.