http://oi40.tinypic.com/30rwq4z.jpg

You can see the ladder up to my house:o

very impressive

im a bit of a tunnel expert,i must have been a dwarf in a past life:D
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Now that isn't fair, sure i love my fair share of CoD and Fifa, but then again i enjoy more niche games as well

In fact its elitist comments like this that put me off the game more than anything

I meant people who purely play games like that.

The "dudebro" type.
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/30rwq4z.jpg

You can see the ladder up to my house:o

That is so :cool:
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Yes, IIRC its invite only when set to private. So you could then invite any friends you wanted.

Just beware of griefers.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I even forgot about this. This is a day 1 buy for me. I hope it's "my kind" of thing.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I got a free code for the PS3 version of this which in turn have me the PS4 version for free :) Have never been interested in the game or really know what it's about other than you make things out of blocks (of course there'll be more to it than that!) but for free, it's worth a shot. Don't know where to begin!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I lasted half a hour. What a load of shite! 😂
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I don't get the hype for this game either. I need objectives and stuff. Something to aim for. I only tried the demo and gave up after a small while.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most addictive game I have played in a long time.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »

Agreed i'll be like "just one more block." next thing i know 2 hours have gone by.
    As for most annoying thing ever has to be creepers.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need an imagination to play it. My kids play it every day. Just electronic lego really.
    not for me mind.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I lasted half a hour. What a load of shite! 😂
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I don't get the hype for this game either. I need objectives and stuff. Something to aim for. I only tried the demo and gave up after a small while.

I didn't get it either. I'd seen vids and mates play it and thought it was a kids game. But...
    gother wrote: »
    Agreed i'll be like "just one more block." next thing i know 2 hours have gone by.
    As for most annoying thing ever has to be creepers.

After downloading it for my niece and nephew to play on I got hold of it and before I knew it, it was 4am and all I'd done was dig a massive mine. By rights the entire game world should have collapsed I'd dug out that much.

Weird how something so mundane can be so addictive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't get it either. I'd seen vids and mates play it and thought it was a kids game. But...

After downloading it for my niece and nephew to play on I got hold of it and before I knew it, it was 4am and all I'd done was dig a massive mine. By rights the entire game world should have collapsed I'd dug out that much.

Weird how something so mundane can be so addictive.

Same situation for me. I had seen my nephew playing it on his tablet and some videos of the game but I had just written it off because there seemed no goal and seemed pretty pointless.....

Then my nephew left his PS3 disc at my house and curiosity got the better of me and I gave it ago. It took a sort while to get into everything, but once I had built a little shelter and explored a mine, found some resources, seen a nice location I could build a nice castle, looked for some more resources to start that project I realised I have been playing for over 4hours :o

Now I think it the fact it has no story and no goals which make it so good and addictive. There is no end game at all and as you set your own goals you are constantly finding new things to do. For example you head off looking for resources and see a new cave you which then plan to explore later, then you see a really cool hill and plan to build a house on top, then you realise a river is slowing you down as you move between locations so plan to build a bridge or a tunnel or both and it just goes on and on and on like that. I got carried away one time breading different coloured sheep, pointless as you can just dye white wool, but that didnt stop me trying to bread as many different coloured sheep as I could.

I find mining and just digging in general quite relaxing.
  • supersleuthsupersleuth Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    I find mining and just digging in general quite relaxing.

This ^^
    Forum Member
    I was just perusing through the ps store on my laptop and found Minecraft PS4 edition on it for free. So I 'bought' it despite having no interest in the game.

But just a heads up for anyone else who doesnt currently own it.

Or is it just a trial or something ?
  • gothergother Posts: 14,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I was just perusing through the ps store on my laptop and found Minecraft PS4 edition on it for free. So I 'bought' it despite having no interest in the game.

But just a heads up for anyone else who doesnt currently own it.

Or is it just a trial or something ?

Must be a demo mate as showing £12.99 for me.
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Must be a demo mate as showing £12.99 for me.

Any idea how I'd know if it's a demo / trial or the full game. There must be a way to check.

The PS3 and vita versions were also free.

(I'm in the Ireland store and not the UK one)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think only the tutorial in open in the demo.

Also (Based on PS3 version) you wont earn trophies but instead get a message telling you that you would have earned one for that action. In the full game trophies come think and fast at the start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive update landed yesterday on PS4 and PS3, Vita soon... If you have a large enough map with unexplored areas you can start to explore those areas which will generate as new content from the new update. This has allowed me to generation some of the new trees in an unexplored area of my map which I cut down, harvesting some saplings and have transferred them to my old map area.

New items for all modes

Armour Stand, Raw Rabbit, Cooked Rabbit, Rabbit Stew, Raw Mutton, Cooked Mutton, Rabbit’s Foot, Rabbit Hide, Potion of Leaping, Potion of Water Breathing, Salmon, Cooked Salmon, Clownfish, Pufferfish, Blue Orchid, Allium, Azure Bluet, Tulips, Oxeye Daisy, Sunflower, Lilac, Poppy (replaces Rose), Rose Bush, Peony, Double Tall Grass, Large Ferns, Prismarine Crystals, and Prismarine Shard have all been added!

New items for Creative Mode

Rabbit Spawn Egg, Endermite Spawn Egg, and Guardian Spawn Egg can now be used in Creative Mode.

New blocks

Podzol, Granite, Polished Granite, Andesite, Polished Andesite, Diorite, Polished Diorite, Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, Red Sand, Red Sandstone, Smooth Red Sandstone, Chiseled Red Sandstone, Red Sandstone Stairs, Sea Lanterns, Wet Sponge, Slime Blocks, Coarse Dirt, Packed Ice, Acacia Saplings, and Dark Oak Saplings are now available in-game.

New mobs

Endermite, Guardian, Elder Guardian, Rabbit, and Chicken Jockey now roam the lands!

New biomes

Mesa, Mega Taiga, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Forest, Savanna, Extreme Hills+, Deep Ocean, and Snowless Taiga are all available for exploration.

More Features

Treasure can now be caught while fishing. There are a lot of cool things to find!
    Enchanting now consumes Lapis Lazuli, and enchanting books can receive multiple enchants at once.
    Villagers now have additional professions, and will harvest crops and breed. To encourage that kind of behaviour, give them 3 bread, 12 carrots, or 1 potato. They’ll also turn into Witches when struck by lightning.
    Now any rectangular shape from 4×5 to 23×23 will work as a Nether Portal. Ghasts can travel through them too.
    You can use Pumpkins or Wither Skeleton Skulls to spawn Golems and Withers.
    We’ve rebalanced the Anvils.
    Moss Stone, Mossy Stone Bricks and Chiseled Stone Bricks are now obtainable via crafting.
    You can now use a furnace to create Cracked Stone Bricks and Sponge.
    Empty Furnaces will now only accept fuel and empty Buckets in the fuel slot.
    Item Frames now emit a Redstone signal, and can rotate in 8 directions.
    Redstone comparators can now detect the rotation of an item in an item frame and output an equivalent power signal.
    Buttons can now be placed on the top and bottom of blocks.
    Powered Activator rails now dismount entities riding Minecarts.
    Water-filled Cauldrons will put out burning entities, taking away one water level each time.
    When harvested with Silk Touch enchantment, Huge Mushroom Blocks drop blocks with corresponding Mushroom texture (red or brown) on all sides.
    We’ve reintroduced Sponge to Survival Mode with new behaviour and texture.
    Sugar Cane colour is now affected by biome.
    Baby Zombies now drop XP Orbs.
    Creepers can now be ignited with Flint and Steel.
    Adult Zombie Pigmen will now forgive after a short time.
    Witches now drink a Potion of Water Breathing when they are trapped underwater and can drop a Potion of Water Breathing upon death.
    Melons can now be found in patches similar to Pumpkins in the Jungle Biome.
    Swamp Biomes now feature Blue Orchid Flowers.
    Plains Biomes now generate Azure Bluets, Oxeye Daises, Tulips, and Double Tall Grass.
    Extreme Hills Biomes now feature Snow at higher elevations.
    Ocean Biomes now only feature Gravel on the floor instead of Sand, Dirt and Gravel.
    Desert Temples spawn with Stained Clay instead of Dyed Wool.
    Ocean Monuments now feature.
    New enchantments – Luck of the Sea (I-III), Lure (I-III), Depth Strider (I-III) -have been added.

Tweaks and Fixes

Sheep now drop Mutton when they die.
    Arrows decelerate more quickly underwater and extinguish if on fire.
    Most mobs can now swim.
    Skeletons flee from wolves.
    Creepers, Skeletons, Wither Skeletons and Zombies drop their heads when killed by Charged Creepers.
    Spiders no longer see players through solid blocks.
    Baby mobs growth can be accelerated by feeding them.
    Fix for players adding additional layers above the maximum height in Superflat.
    Added Flint and Steel and Fire Charge sound effect when igniting blocks.
    Updated audio for Cows and Mooshrooms.
    Updated audio for Minecarts.
    Created a new Tutorial World.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kids were telling me this morning it had updated. That's a massive list.