Options

Not long until we can bid farewell to Cher Lloyd ?

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,953
    Forum Member
    Although not an exact science, it is acceptedthat 13% of the cost of an album is a fair starting point for what goes to the artist. Her debut album sold just over 30,000 copies in the US in it's first week, so I'll be generous and say it's sold 150,000 copies (which isn't likely for a pop act considered a one hit wonder, with no follow up hit singles to sell the album). We know that over here the album sold between 100,000 and 300,000 so again being generous and also to include other territories we'll say 250,000.

Do the calculations and you get a rough figure, not exact but a decent estimate, of £416,000 before the tax man has his cut.

Which would be relevant if that was her only income.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad a persons life must be when they take pleasure in somebody else's failure (not that I think Cher has failed myself).
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    She's doing OK in the States still isn't she. She's on that track with Demi Tomato that's doing quite well at the moment.
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which would be relevant if that was her only income.
    Come on now, those were only rumours!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'll leave it there. You obviously have a deep seated hatred of her for some reason, I hope you get over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll leave it there. You obviously have a deep seated hatred of her for some reason, I hope you get over it.

Ah just another internet white knight then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah just another internet white knight then.

Better than being a troll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better than being a troll.

Better than being a troll feeder though!
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    As long as she's still making music irrelevant rats like you will still be talking about her (:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calpowell wrote: »
    As long as she's still making music irrelevant rats like you will still be talking about her (:

In order to do so much longer I'm assuming she'll be needing to launch a Pledge Music campaign.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Cher but her career is not in a good state in the US or UK. Sorry I'm Late debuted on the US charts at #12 but only sold 12,000 copies and it went down to #87 the following week and then was out of the top 100. Also, it looks like Sirens has missed the Top 40 this week. Epic/Syco really need to get it together or let her go to another label.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I like Cher but her career is not in a good state in the US or UK. Sorry I'm Late debuted on the US charts at #12 but only sold 12,000 copies and it went down to #87 the following week and then was out of the top 100. Also, it looks like Sirens has missed the Top 40 this week. Epic/Syco really need to get it together or let her go to another label.

She split from Syco last year claiming ‘I have a specific thing I am reaching for'. I'm not entirely sure what that was, but it apparently wasn't top 40 singles!
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She split from Syco last year claiming ‘I have a specific thing I am reaching for'. I'm not entirely sure what that was, but it apparently wasn't top 40 singles!

I don't know why she said that, because she hasn't actually split from Syco, she is still very much with Syco. I think it was more the case that Epic took the reigns so to speak.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher clearly said in an interview on US TV that she was no longer working with Syco and then she backtracked recently. Perhaps there were contractual issues? Unfortunately, Sirens failed to make the top 40 this week...
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sirens is a nice track but the brattish, hip hop/pop girl who released catchy teen stuff with attitude is what people want from her. Too early in her career to go deep and meaningful methinks.
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although not an exact science, it is acceptedthat 13% of the cost of an album is a fair starting point for what goes to the artist. Her debut album sold just over 30,000 copies in the US in it's first week, so I'll be generous and say it's sold 150,000 copies (which isn't likely for a pop act considered a one hit wonder, with no follow up hit singles to sell the album). We know that over here the album sold between 100,000 and 300,000 so again being generous and also to include other territories we'll say 250,000.

Do the calculations and you get a rough figure, not exact but a decent estimate, of £416,000 before the tax man has his cut.

Plus, I don't how much music biz has changed in recent years, but it used to be you would get advanced on album recording, which would then be recouped. Plus she undoubtedly has a retinue of managers, agents, stylists, PR people, etc who all need their fees/percentage which will further bite into any money you might make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl's tweet after Cher slagged her off after everything she did for her seems very apt today: 'Be careful who you kick on your way up. They kick you twice as hard on your way back down.. #unappreciationisugly.'
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Her album is five on iTunes ... Was suprised to see it there tbh
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Cheryl's tweet after Cher slagged her off after everything she did for her seems very apt today: 'Be careful who you kick on your way up. They kick you twice as hard on your way back down.. #unappreciationisugly.'

what is wrong with you ????!!! !:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    what is wrong with you ????!!! !:confused::confused::confused:

Errrrr...
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Errrrr...

Errrr...

you have started a nasty pointless thread and continued your vendetta throughout.
    i just dont understand the point thats all ! :confused:

what are your thoughts on her album being top 5 itunes?
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everything she did for her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Errrr...

you have started a nasty pointless thread and continued your vendetta throughout.
    i just dont understand the point thats all ! :confused:

what are your thoughts on her album being top 5 itunes?

I'll give my thoughts when the official album chart is announced on Sunday.

What are your thoughts on the CD being number 354 and the MP3 being number 1455 on Amazon's chart?
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her albums top 5 at the moment on itunes which is good!!!!