Sun Kil Moon - Benji

Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Probably my favourite record of the year, so far. Any other fans of Mark Kozelek here? :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm yet to hear most of his work, but I do like what I've heard from both Sun Kil Moon and Red House Painters. I really like 'Perils from the Sea' from last year too. I haven't got round to listening to 'Benji' properly yet but have been meaning to since I heard a lot of it in a record shop a few months ago - sounded great!
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    embryo wrote: »
    I'm yet to hear most of his work, but I do like what I've heard from both Sun Kil Moon and Red House Painters. I really like 'Perils from the Sea' from last year too. I haven't got round to listening to 'Benji' properly yet but have been meaning to since I heard a lot of it in a record shop a few months ago - sounded great!

Yeah, I'm kinda new-ish to his music too. Had always liked individual tracks by RHP but never really searched out their albums until very recently. 'Benji' is superb - really dark and death obsessed but oddly amusing too.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a shoe shop when I heard a brilliant record playing – so good that I asked the manager who it was. I'd never heard of them, but found out that the track was Salvador Sanchez from Ghosts Of The Great Highway. Unfortunately, I discovered that this track is totally unlike anything else on the album and could almost have been a different band altogether. I downloaded Salvador Sanchez but passed on the rest.
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rollercoaster is essential. I would add the Bridge album, Ocean Beach and Down Colorful Hill

...but of course that's just the early stuff.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Micheline' is incredible