LoveFilm are getting on my t*ts

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't work for ...own & have for the last 10 years.Quite frankly reading a lot of the posts regarding on line renting makes me laugh..you people actually believe you get something for next to nothing!!!How short sighted are you people.I own a very good DVD store that stocks a proper library of titles ..but did I get them free of charge...NO,but I do not 'rip off' my customers,nor do i make them wait 72 HRS to watch their films either.As for those who say you have no local store well it could be because you were to cheap to use one when there was one there...get it??it won't be 2 miles it will be 15 - 20 & when these on line renters start going tits up where will that leave you??
    As for those of you who complain you have a 'DVD Superstore' staffed by Mc D rejects it could be that 5 years ago you all abandoned the local film enthusist who owned his store & whored yourselves to BB,Choces ect..so serves you right!!!

sounds like someones got a bee in their bonnet. You are obviously mad at something, and its probably because of the popularity of the online rental services as opposed to instore.

Blockbuster charge 3.75 for new releases which I personally think is a rip off. There is no local stores anymore - there used to be which charged £2 a film and we used them lots but I think blockbuster took them down so now were left with the choice of £3.75 per film for 2 nights (equiv to about 4 a month) or pay a monthly fee of around £14 and get unlimited for however long we want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I've been experiencing the same slow down in the turnaround of films - strangely I always receive the DVD's the next day while when I post the DVD's it always take 2 days for them to receive it - spooky huh?

And when I do select discs they are generally from posistion 40 onwards on my queue! I have also experienced a couple times situations where they have literally been out of stock of discs and after not dispatching me any discs even though I had none showing as rented and 100 in my queue. Upon emailling them they appologies and say they receive "new stock daily".

They're sevice has definitely gone down over the past few months!
  • genieinabottlegenieinabottle Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with the above - I joined a few months ago and service has ben appalling. Going to cancel and go back to my smelly old local shop.
  • RatinhoRatinho Posts: 5,129
    Forum Member
    What do you expect,anyone using these on line RENTAL johnies must be downright dumb...why not stay loyal to your local DVD rental store..after all if you want to watch a film you cant beat going to a shop & picking a movie & 30 mins later be home watching it.Instead of waiting 3 days!!

What absolute toss! :rolleyes:

Loyal? It's a f**king rental store! Ahhh, just seen your seperate agenda. :yawn:

Been with Lovefilm for a couple of months, and they still get my films to me next day, no problems. And £14/month for around 15/18 titles is pretty good imo.

the only film i've had trouble getting from them is The Motorcycle Diaries, all my other top choices on my list came either 1st or second time after they were added.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I've been with DVDs365 for about 6 months. They changed their system recently so that you only get a limited number of movies per month, e.g.£14.99 per month gets you 3 at a time with a 20 movie limit per month unless you pay top whack which is now £26.99 per month for 40. They did not tell me (no emails or letters) I found out because I wondered about the turnaround and went to the site to investigate. I used to get unlimited amounts.

New titles are difficult to get but older titles (not available in my local store) are not. I still use my local store because they have new stuff I can get quicker.

BTW I remember when Global started to creep into everytown in the mid to late 90's. They started at a £1 a go, after 6 months the prices rose and kept on rising. I stopped using the likes of them years ago. Our local has midweek movies at 99p each (3 max) tues wed & thurs and that includes every new title. Cant beat it!

Got the best of both worlds!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    We are all paying customers of Love Film, we should not have to put up with a second rate service, I suggest we all e-mail them our concerns so they are aware of the problem and it can be addressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too am sick of Lovefilms pathetic service of late. Last 3 took 4 days for them to receive. I was on the brink of telling them they were lost when they all showed up.

So far here is a summary of their service during 4 weeks with them.

2 DVDs Lost
    2 Incorrect DVDs received
    Very slow turnarounds

They are not a patch on blockbuster online.

And as for GeorgeXXXVIII claiming local rental stores are better. He needs to visit my local blockbuster, two miles away, £3.75 per movie, limited choice becasue they always sell off the older titles and run by ignorant chavs. Case closed.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, all of us disgruntled Lovefilm customers should e-mail the website link for this thread, so they themselves can read about the problems we are having.

Trouble is, they probably have many thousands of customers, so don't care if 20 or 30 are unhappy.
    Forum Member
    yeah Love Film are really really driving me up the wall, it takes forever for them to recieve titles I send back, credit where it's due they are great at sending out titles when they recieve them, but absolutly shoddy recieving them back, I dont know where Royal Mail is at fault or they are........other rental companies have no trouble reciving titles back the next day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris110 wrote:
    sounds like someones got a bee in their bonnet. You are obviously mad at something, and its probably because of the popularity of the online rental services as opposed to instore.

Blockbuster charge 3.75 for new releases which I personally think is a rip off.

If I owned a store, I'd be worried about the future, as soon we will download our movies with broadband, and watch them at our leisure. This will cut out all the middlemen!

I agree Blockbuster at £3.75 a shot is a bit steep, especially if you live alone, and are not sharing that cost by watching with a group, or partner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is clearly a Lovefilm problem and not Royal Mail. When I was with Blockbusters they always received next day and dispatched next day one day after I returned.

Also Lovefilm always have delays receiving but we never get delays when we receive. They took on too many customers from other rental sites they took over but forgot to take on extra staff. They need more people than they have working for them.

Their post box must get swamped with thousands of DVDs every day and the poor idiots working there cannot handle the pressure.

Why offer 3 for 1 month offer if you clearly cannot offer a fast service. All customers will quit after 3 months and they will be back to square one. Also the fact that Blockbusters work on a satruday and lovefilm do not means you're like to get more rentals with blockbuster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am suffering this sloooow and annoying service as well :(

Incidentally, when you get a wrong title, complain, and are told "we have arranged for another copy of the requested title to be sent to you as soon as possible" - does it happen as they say?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they mess up and send you the wrong title, it means they will send it to you again but at your expense. i.e. on both the occassions they gave me the wrong film they insisted I returned the incorrect one and they put the correct one back on my queue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamieBarry wrote:
    When they mess up and send you the wrong title, it means they will send it to you again but at your expense. i.e. on both the occassions they gave me the wrong film they insisted I returned the incorrect one and they put the correct one back on my queue.

Oh, that really sucks! I would expect a proper service to send you (if you are on 3 disc package) a fourth concurrent disc, just that once, with the correct title.
    Forum Member
    Love Film have messed me about so many times in the last few weeks..........I had on my list No Angels 1, 2 and 3. Fair play to them, they sent out all three titles as they were numbered 1, 2 and 3 on my rental list.......however I recieved 1 and 2 but Disc 3 didnt arrive and by some act of god, it arrived returned to Love Film, so somewhere along the line, someone got it, watched it and sent it back !!!.

I also think Royal Mail are idiots as a bloke up the road also rents out DVD's from Love Film, some days I recieve his titles as the idiots at RM cant obviously read and must just think that because it says love film on the envelope it must be for me. Anyway I have recieved his titles, watched them and posted them back to Love Film, lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got my latest title through the door this morning which replaced the one i sent back last Wednesday, a 6 day wait yet it only took 24 hours to reach me through the mail as it was posted to me just yesterday.

For once the Royal Mail are clearly not to blame. The question is what are LF going to do about this as the people who are coming back in droves with the free months offers obviously aren't going to leave in a hurry!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    The 3 months for the price of one offer ... if it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is.

This is the second time that it has taken 5 days for them to receive the DVD back (in a matter of 2 weeks). Therefore even though I am on a three at a time package, I still only receive 3 a week, that is around 12 per month.
    So normally, you could expect to receive 6 titles per week, 24 per month. So instead of having 3 months worth of viewing you are getting 1.5 months, mean as I have already paid up front for the first month, it means that I am only getting 2 weeks free.
    I bet their marketing person must have got a few bonuses for thinking of this one!!

I will be going back to Cinema Paradiso in about 10 weeks time!!
    Forum Member
    Everybody annoyed with Lovefilm should e-mail them and demand answers, perhaps they will actually listen and work with royal mail to deliver a better service.

Perhaps we should e-mail them the link to this thread so they can see where customer's concerns lie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, for one email them every time they take the pis$ with their delivery times. They continue to blame royal mail, they recieve an email from me every week and they will continue to do so.

4 days for them to receive my last returns, not likely.

They may have generated thousands of new customers but all their old ones will undoubtley leave them. They have achieved nothing by providing such a lacklustre service.

How many 3 for 1 month users are going to renew their subscription? :mad:
  • jess10jess10 Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    JamieBarry wrote:

They may have generated thousands of new customers but all their old ones will undoubtley leave them. They have achieved nothing by providing such a lacklustre service.

How many 3 for 1 month users are going to renew their subscription? :mad:

Agreed ! They may have gained thousands of new customers but if they continue to provide such a poor service they will lose more then they have gained.
    Forum Member
    I just rang up Royal Mail to ask why it takes 6 days for them to deliver a DVD in the post at the following post code: CM19 5BR and they said, they were not aware of problems in that area, so if Love Film tell you it's royal mail's fault, don't listen, it's all bull sh!t.

The more people to ring up Royal Mail to ask the same question, will force Royal Mail to investigate why it's taking so long, so please do give customer services a ring on: 08457-740-740. and ask them why it takes six days to send a DVD to CM19 5BR.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Well i've had enough, and after 5 days now without them receiving my discs i've decided to cancel. While on the phone I tried to enquire why it is getting so slow and they categorically denied having any backlogs - quite funny how neither royal mail nor lovefilm can explain the problem!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I have been with blockbuster for ages and never had a problem, apart from 1 going missing in post, so if i where one of thr disgruntled lovefilm customers i would just jump ship to blockbuster.
    As for the comment about staying loyal to a video shop, i find that quite funny. Whay would i want to do that? Its more expensive and alot more hassle to do and has utterly no benefits whatsovever.

The online service is quick hassle free and cheap, something which the stores dont have atall. If a business saves me money them i use it, i dont not use it because im trying to stay loyal to someone it makes utterly no sense. I work hard for my money and i will use my cash to its best effect and the best way for renting films in doing it online, not driving 4 miles to the town centre and paying 3 quid a pop for a film that i then have to watch within 1 or 2 nights only to have to drive all the way back again to drop it off, wasting petrol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XanderTarr wrote:
    Well i've had enough, and after 5 days now without them receiving my discs i've decided to cancel. While on the phone I tried to enquire why it is getting so slow and they categorically denied having any backlogs - quite funny how neither royal mail nor lovefilm can explain the problem!

If they are not lying, and don't have any backlogs, then that means they are purposely delaying sending titles. This is even worse.

I've decided I'm cancelling at the end of this month, and telling them where to shove their 3 for 1 offer, it isn't worth the hassle, when I can get better service from Blockbuster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised its not been mentioned, but have you tried Amazon? I've been with them for about 4 months now and have nothing bad to say about them at all.

£7.99 a month gets you 4 DVDs, 2 at a time
    £9.99 a month gets you 6 DVDs.

I stared off on the £7.99 deal, but quickly realised that we could easily get through 6 in a month, so upped our subscription.

You can switch between the deals whenever you want, and can cancel your account whenever too.

Its really easy to use too - just browse titles on Amazon as you would normally, and there's a 'add to rental list' button at the side.

You can go on and manage your list, so you can chose what comes next, or delete items etc.

Try it - it's ace!

A happy customer.