Options

cineworld unlimited secret screening

JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
Forum Member
I see Cineworld are doing a secret screening for unlimited card holders tonight at 8pm. Anyone going? It is full up at my local so won't be going. I reckon it could be Deadpool or Zoolander 2. Its not 3D and says 116 mins running time and 15 certificate. be interesting to see what film is shown.

Comments

• Options
    naquadanaquada Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went. It was Triple 9.

I wasn't all that impressed with it. Not a movie I will be getting on Blu Ray.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As said on another forum who goes, You will never get Deadpool. Usually some movie that they need to push.
  • Options
    naquadanaquada Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Secret screening 3 was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I thought that was a pretty big movie and didn't require "pushing"
  • Options
    SonickSonick Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it and it was the film I was hoping for after Deadpool. I couldn't believe that some people were expecting it to be Batman vs Superman

The groans when the BBFC card was shown was funny. 9 people walked out of our screening.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    Sonick wrote: »
    I enjoyed it and it was the film I was hoping for after Deadpool. I couldn't believe that some people were expecting it to be Batman vs Superman

The groans when the BBFC card was shown was funny. 9 people walked out of our screening.

I wondered how it was done. I have been to unlimited screenings where you know what film is being screened and usually a member of staff stands in front of the screen and announces the film. So I assumed a member of staff would announce what the secret film is in X factor style. "The film is...." followed by a minutes silence then the film is announced. So what actually happens is you don't know what the film is until the BBFC card appears on the screen. Or maybe in this case they thought the member of staff would get lynched as it was a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I wondered how it was done. I have been to unlimited screenings where you know what film is being screened and usually a member of staff stands in front of the screen and announces the film. So I assumed a member of staff would announce what the secret film is in X factor style. "The film is...." followed by a minutes silence then the film is announced. So what actually happens is you don't know what the film is until the BBFC card appears on the screen. Or maybe in this case they thought the member of staff would get lynched as it was a bit disappointing.

For the 2 that I have been to, nobody announced it until the BBFC card appeared.
  • Options
    AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonick wrote: »

I went and thought the film was OK, a bit long and slow at times but it had a great cast and was well made. I'd wanted to go see it anyway so I wasn't too disappointed that it wasn't Deadpool. I can't believe people thought it might be Batman vs Superman, now that's really optimisitic.

5 people walked out of my screening. Not too bad for a full house in one of the larger screens.