Comments

• PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Xfinity races?
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    ocox wrote: »
    Nascar back on Premier 14th February and we will be getting SIX live Truck races this year:)

Great. Another season confined to the backwater of the schedules well away from an casual viewership. Nice going nascar.

Also the 14th of Feb? Either they're showing highlights only of whatever the Bud Shootout is called now or they're showing qualifying now, as the race is on the 13th, after the ARCA race.
  • aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Shootout race starts live at 1am; Sunday Feb 14th in the UK. (Which is 8pm; Saturday 13th Feb in Daytona).
    And yes; it's on Premier again; but they have shown commitment (albeit with some mistakes in the past) to the sport that others like Sky Sports didn't.
  • joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would hook me back to the #can't-cancel without mental stress# Premier Sports would be if they showed all trucks and Xfinity even if in the middle of the day delayed mid-week, along with a super-commitment to live NASCAR regardless of any clash with ball games.
    I'm guessing they have studied the surveys and worked out whether most are subscribing for NASCAR or most for the ball games ? With only one channel its tricky to juggle rain delays etc and to be fair they are almost acceptable.
    Guess what I really need is a £10 per month live NASCAR HD channel without the other crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one race last season which got bumped back to delayed coverage because they were showing an English Ice Hockey League match and apparently that match was the only one in that round of fixtures sanctioned by the league for live broadcast.

Whilst I'd obviously prefer to watch races live I can understand the situations where a race has been in rain delay and they've cut away to show another live sport and put the rest of the race on the following day as you often don't know how long the delay will be and if I'd tuned in at midnight to watch live NHL only to find three hours of a race repeat or track drying updates I probably wouldn't be happy. Obviously in this sort of situation something has to give.
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Sky don't have the highlights show ok only a crap 1 hour but better than nothing. I miss Nascar but won't pay premier for it and hate streaming too.
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm contemplating getting Premier sports for the Nascar and the NRL , using the £99 pound for a year season ticket via Sky , will that auto renew , anyone know ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platty wrote: »
    i'm contemplating getting Premier sports for the Nascar and the NRL , using the £99 pound for a year season ticket via Sky , will that auto renew , anyone know ?

I can't give you a definitive answer but when I subscribed to them with an offer it did not renew with the special offer, just rolled onto normal monthly subscription.
    It was very difficult to cancel, so much so that it puts me off subscribing again, even with an offer, and even now NASCAR is HD.
  • JonpollakJonpollak Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping this Ice Hockey centric Canadian Bar called Moose I am going to in Paris on Sunday night has the Irish Mafia channel.

It's a good bet they shall..As I'm not so sure Canal+ or BeIn sports do da hockey.
    Jp
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Don't you just wish Nascar would do like the NFL and give (pretty much) free coverage to the BBC just to get their sport shown on mainstream television in the UK.
  • chrisfinchchrisfinch Posts: 5,734
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Don't you just wish Nascar would do like the NFL and give (pretty much) free coverage to the BBC just to get their sport shown on mainstream television in the UK.

They did for a few years, but Channel 5 lost interest in US sport and unsurprisingly nobody has been bothered since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been texted from Premier offering a save £8 sign up fee offer but full monthly subscription, their previous text was better 12 months for the price of 10.
    If they send another combining both I'll probably give in and sign up again.

I remember watching NASCAR on C5 - even if say, C5USA showed an hour highlights in the middle of the night now I would be quite happy.
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i ended up getting the £99 season ticket no connection free from Premier , cant wait for the race this evening :D
  • aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight Premier Sports has a Freeview period from 3:45pm to midnight....
    So free Daytona 500 for y'all
  • Daryl_SlinnDaryl_Slinn Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Got it on now......
    Forum Member
    aberboy wrote: »
    Tonight Premier Sports has a Freeview period from 3:45pm to midnight....
    So free Daytona 500 for y'all

No it doesn't.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it doesn't.

Yes its free today. I'm currently watching it on Sky without a subscription.
    Forum Member
    Yes its free today. I'm currently watching it on Sky without a subscription.

So it was sky only then, pretty unfair from Premier.

Hoping this channel vanishes soon and the series it hoards away from the masses find better homes.
    Forum Member
    4 inches after 500 miles, are you kidding me ?
    Forum Member
    The thing is Premier are offering sports that no other channel would pick up, Sky have had NASCAR on and off as a filler over the years and they did the same with British Ice Hockey.
    When Sky pick up a minority sport they don't give it chance to build before dropping it for the next latest fad, that's where niche channels like Premier do come in, pick something up and stick with it and the loyal fans will stick with them too.
  • mightymilliemightymillie Posts: 5,073
    Forum Member
    So it was sky only then, pretty unfair from Premier.

Hoping this channel vanishes soon and the series it hoards away from the masses find better homes.

Nothing Premier can do about it: Virgin doesn't offer channels the ability to go free for a weekend.
    Forum Member
    Nothing Premier can do about it: Virgin doesn't offer channels the ability to go free for a weekend.

I'm sure they would if Premier paid enough, if they can go free for a summer last season, they could go free for a weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Premier Sports currently showing live T20 between India and West Indies, WI innings done, match now on rain delay after two overs of the India innings...Michigan green flag is scheduled for 7.15 UK time. No word on what they're gonna do depending on how long the delay is.......looks like I'm gonna have to find a stream for the start of the race.

Edit......or maybe not as they've just switched to Michigan as scheduled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I appreciate he's now 83 I must admit to being concerened at the appearence of Ned Jarrett during the segment of the Southern 500 which he was calling, along with Ken Squier and Dale, on Sunday night. I just think he's looking somewhat frail and possibly even ill and may not be with us for much longer.....though of course I hope I'm proved wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Following yesterdays weather postponement, Premier has their coverage of Charlotte listed as starting at 5.00pm......according to the NASCAR website the green flag is at noon EST, aka 5pm BST! Currently showing a re-run of Dover, with Belgian Pro League scheduled for 4.30-5.00, hopefully the latter will be dropped.