Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey Branning - It Makes So Much Sense!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing ever would have been if they had shown nothing of the shagger and it turned out to be Denise or Roxy!! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh, there's been talk that it's been TOO obvious it's Derek - but tbh, the hints and red herrings now have been equally directed at all Branning brothers, not particuarly Derek. Derek becomes obvious to the more in-depth viewer (and anyone who reads spoilers).
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if its Joey? He's a Branning right? It makes sense...

I've been thinking this recently. I read somewhere (possibly Jake Wood on Twitter, not sure) that people are going to be shocked by the reveal. Well hardly if everyone's convinced it's Derek and it turns out to be... Derek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They confirmed it was Derek when Ray and Michael were ruled out.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been thinking this recently. I read somewhere (possibly Jake Wood on Twitter, not sure) that people are going to be shocked by the reveal. Well hardly if everyone's convinced it's Derek and it turns out to be... Derek.

Maybe we will be shocked about why she is doing it, not who she is doing it with.

I do think they will bring in the Uncle Harry element into the reveal. The episodes are written by Simon Ashdown who always links to the past. I'm pretty sure he wrote the reveal episodes (either him or Tony Jordan).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Anyone other than Derek would be mildly shocking!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,222
    Forum Member
    I have been adamant that its Derek all the way through but I have changed my mind. It's Jack.

However Derek will take the fall, he will take the beating off Alfie and why will he do this. Simply, to blackmail Jack. Now Max has a reason or two to kill Derek, as does Tanya and Sharon and Lauren and Joey. But currently Jack doesn't. Thats a bit odd to me, so I think this will come out leading to Jack turning out to be a suspect.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,937
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I have been adamant that its Derek all the way through but I have changed my mind. It's Jack.

However Derek will take the fall, he will take the beating off Alfie and why will he do this. Simply, to blackmail Jack. Now Max has a reason or two to kill Derek, as does Tanya and Sharon and Lauren and Joey. But currently Jack doesn't. Thats a bit odd to me, so I think this will come out leading to Jack turning out to be a suspect.
    it doesn't really matter if its not a murder though?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,222
    Forum Member
    it doesn't really matter if its not a murder though?

The spoilers seem to indicate it will be.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,937
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    The spoilers seem to indicate it will be.

i think i've read
    joey leaves derek to die
    im not sure ive not read the full spoilers for xmas day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's Jack. It's too obvious as to why she would have an affair with a Jack type.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so obvious. The stupid thing is they've not tried to hide that it isn't Max or Jack, They both have other things going on over Christmas, All the signs have pointed towards Derek and the whole who is it storyline has been a joke..
  • jcotter779jcotter779 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its obviously derek why have they kept it a secret are we supposed to be surprised?
  • KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's none of them..it's Alfies brother Spencer lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the lowest EE have sunk. If it isn't Derek, they should just assign any tom dick & harry to write their scripts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything about this s/l is just so poorly thought through.
    If they wanted a genuine mystery why give Jack & Max new relationships - and then publish spoilers that they are still both on track in the new year. If they don't want a mystery why insult us with the pretence :yawn:
  • dannysaysdannysays Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing TPTB know there will be a percentage of viewers who will look at spoilers/work it all out etc and there will be a lot who viewers who don't look at spoilers or anything ahead and may still be suprised at the reveal. A lot of people on other forums/facebook etc still keep guessing Max or Jack. Reasons for which I personally cant understand, as even without spoilers I think it's been obvious that's it's Derek for months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannysays wrote: »
    I'm guessing TPTB know there will be a percentage of viewers who will look at spoilers/work it all out etc and there will be a lot who viewers who don't look at spoilers or anything ahead and may still be suprised at the reveal. A lot of people on other forums/facebook etc still keep guessing Max or Jack. Reasons for which I personally cant understand, as even without spoilers I think it's been obvious that's it's Derek for months.

Yes actually you make a good point, its very easy to forget that on here we are far from "average" viewers :D

I'm now trying to imagine I don't read spoilers and what would I see...? But the answer is simply I think I would see Max & Tanya loved-up and looking forward to their wedding and Jack trying to make a go of it with Sharon (attending the nativity the other day for instance) Whilst I would see Derek, single, manipulative, unpleasant, not bothered about hurting anyone etc... so hmmm it still doesn't work ! :cool:
  • dannysaysdannysays Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    milmol wrote: »
    I'm now trying to imagine I don't read spoilers and what would I see...? But the answer is simply I think I would see Max & Tanya loved-up and looking forward to their wedding and Jack trying to make a go of it with Sharon (attending the nativity the other day for instance) Whilst I would see Derek, single, manipulative, unpleasant, not bothered about hurting anyone etc... so hmmm it still doesn't work ! :cool:

Exactly lol. Also, there have just been tons of hints/clues etc within the dialogue and certain scenes regarding Derek. With Jack & Max there has been nothing but glaring red herrings trying to divert attention away from Derek....and no, it hasn't worked :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    maybe theres another brother:p derek is waaay too obvious..
  • w1dget9w1dget9 Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    is david essex due back ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,yes friendlyguy2 we know Kat would literally sleep with just about any male, but we know it's one of the Branning brothers on this particular instance:rolleyes::yawn:!

:D:D:D:D