Game of Thrones - Season 5 (contains book spoilers)

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Quentyn has been cut (thankfully, what a waste of a POV). When Trystane's casting was announced his character was described as the heir to Dorne

They did however say back in Season 2 that
    it was the younger son of the Martells that Myrcella was betrothed to. So unless they are forgetting that line they'll probably have to mention Quentyn dying off screen for some reason.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gathering that
    Ellaria has taken on the role of Arianne. I'm ok with that. I liked Ellaria a lot, and I never really got the fascination with Arianne.

If thats the case it would also
    do away with the whole 'lets crown myrcella/darkstar/myrcella gets disfigured' plotline .
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    If thats the case it would also
    do away with the whole 'lets crown myrcella/darkstar/myrcella gets disfigured' plotline .
    I wouldn't be so sure. The Queenmaker plot can still happen with Ellaria in Arianne's position, they'd just have to fudge some things here and there. I think they'll work it in there somehow, they need to give Myrcella (and Tommen) more screentime this season anyway. I suspect both are on borrowed time in the books and if the show wants to make their respective demises have any kind of impact, they'll have to up their screentime.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cersei has been warned she would lose all 3 of her children. Joffrey was evil and deserved his fate. Myrcella and Tommen are good and do not. However GOT is not a nice place. Good and innocent charcters die all the time. Be interesting if it does happen to see the effect on Cersei and Jamie.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady_Tinkz wrote: »
    I've been so busy I've only just caught up with season 4 and what a shocker it was! A few that died I was not expecting, definitely kept me on my toes! Would love to see the Jaqen back again and plenty more scenes from Brienne and Pod would be nice!
    What - the Red Wedding?
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    Well,
    Sansa is in Winterfell in the trailer. Pretty big thing to give away IMO, since that's either a huge deviation from the books or a huge spoiler for what's to come for her in the books in future.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I completely thought that was Cersei talking at the beginning!

Another great trailer. I love the month before it begins. I hope we get another 2 trailers like last year. Although this one didn't have a cool soundtrack like most :(
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Daenerys speech is slightly more tolerable with a bit of context than it was in the first trailer.

From the trailer, spoilering to be safe:
    I'm so hoping we get Stannis v Roose and it's suitably epic.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Daenerys speech is slightly more tolerable with a bit of context than it was in the first trailer.

From the trailer, spoilering to be safe:
    I'm so hoping we get Stannis v Roose and it's suitably epic.

Haha. True about her speech. She does get some terrible one liners in the trailers. But they never seem so obvious in the actual show.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for more Missandei, because Nathatlie Emmanuel, and especially more of the Boltons.

Guys are badass as hell.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read something elsewhere that annoyed me more than it should.

You know in the opening credits we get a map of the various castles that will feature in the episode?
    Well, unsurprisingly, Sunspear will be added to them in the upcoming season. However, on the map it will labelled simply as "Dorne".
    WTF is that about? That's like labelling Winterfell as "The North".

A minor gripe but annoying nonetheless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »

You know in the opening credits we get a map of the various castles that will feature in the episode?
    Well, unsurprisingly, Sunspear will be added to them in the upcoming season. However, on the map it will labelled simply as "Dorne".

Action will take place at Sunspear and the Water Gardens which (in the book anyway) are some miles apart.

Did you get annoyed when action taking place at Castle Black and beyond the Wall all got labeled as The Wall?
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »

I guess this eliminates the possibility of us ever seeing any other Dornish locations in the show :p

EDIT: The same shot of Sunspear also shows that Griffin's Roost doesn't exist, so I think it's also safe to say that Jon Connington won't ever be appearing anyway. Although the evidence pointed in that direction anyway.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess this eliminates the possibility of us ever seeing any other Dornish locations in the show :p

EDIT: The same shot of Sunspear also shows that Griffin's Roost doesn't exist, so I think it's also safe to say that Jon Connington won't ever be appearing anyway. Although the evidence pointed in that direction anyway.

I don't think you can draw those conclusions. Various locations have been gradually added to the titles map as the series has progressed.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Action will take place at Sunspear and the Water Gardens which (in the book anyway) are some miles apart.

Did you get annoyed when action taking place at Castle Black and beyond the Wall all got labeled as The Wall?
    No because that's totally different. The Wall is an actual physical fortification, albeit huge, where some action took place. Yes, it would have been nice to have Castle Black labelled separately but I can let that slide.

Renaming Sunspear after a whole massive region in Westeros is just silly. And it doesn't matter if some of the action is taking place some miles away from Sunspear; the way the opening credits have always worked is that the most important castles in the area are shown and labelled (eg. Riverrun for the Riverlands stuff). That's not what I have a problem with. The problem I have is renaming one major castle after a whole region. Do they think the viewers will get confused if they don't spell out in black and white that Sunspear is in Dorne??

As I said though, it's a minor gripe but still irritating to me nonetheless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titles of Episodes 5 to 7.
    Season 5, Episode 5: Kill the Boy

Season 5, Episode 6: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Season 5, Episode 7: The Gift
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping for more Missandei, because Nathatlie Emmanuel, and especially more of the Boltons.

You can also see her in the new Fast and Furious 7 film as she has a starring role alongside Vin Diesel and family.

Amazing career she's had. Gone from Hollyoaks to Game of Thrones and now to most probably one of the biggest films of 2015.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think this has been posted, but watch the discussion and Q&A session at the Oxford Union with Benioff & Weiss, Kit Harington and John Bradley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TfvVluNxujc#t=0

It's an hour and a quarter, but riveting and full of laugh-out-loud moments. John Bradley is particularly funny.
  • LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the new trailer Melisandre appears to be about to burn someone.
    In ADWD this was Rattleshirt whom Melisandre's magic has made to look like Mance Rayder

Or rumour has it, it might be
    Stannis' daughter Shireen.

Any bets?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »
    In the new trailer Melisandre appears to be about to burn someone.
    In ADWD this was Rattleshirt whom Melisandre's magic has made to look like Mance Rayder

Or rumour has it, it might be
    Stannis' daughter Shireen.

Any bets?

I believe there was a clip in an earlier trailer that showed
    Mance being held under guard
    while the Pyre was lit.

It remains to be seen if it is really
    Mance or a rattleshirt (who does appear in a trailer as well) disguised as Mance.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Over a week to go, so excited! I'm especially interested to see how they will be doing the Sand Snakes on the show but I am aware of changes from their characters in the books. I am rather sad that Arianne has been omitted but giving her storyline to Ellaria makes total sense. Ah well, ready for House Martell!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoT up for award on BAFTAS viewer voted category, get over there and vote.