Official Snooker Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• dazcdazc Posts: 4,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no because how can you show the whole riga open but not the final there is nothing else on at the time explain Darren l
  • Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazc wrote: »
    no because how can you show the whole riga open but not the final there is nothing else on at the time explain Darren l

Eurosport give priority to live Cycling and Motorbike events I'm afraid and those events are always climax on Sundays as do many sport events such as snooker. Sad they get more viewers for the former sports than the later and viewing figures is first priortity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair they are at least showing 2 hour highlights of the snooker final at 8pm which should be mean the whole thing because the format is only best of 7 - really should be over with 2 hours or if not we won't miss much.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finals of PTC's are usually on about 7pm anyway, so if that's the case you've only got to avoid the result for an hour. Although they may show highlights of semis / quarters beforehand if the final only lasts about an hour-ish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only been a few weeks since the last fix of new snooker but it feels too long by far to me, so looking forward to it from Friday :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the break has done the Latvian hosts a favour. Ordinarily yet another PTC in the thick of the season would be met with indifference....but given the hiatus and the fact it's the first time the country has hosted an (albeit minor) event, a bit of gravitas has been added to proceedings. Only Ding and ROS out of the big guns not taking part too.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive performance from young Ross Muir, who I confess I've never heard of, to take Robbo to a decider.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big surprise of the day being Robbo losing a decider in his next match to Jak Jones.

Murphys just gone too, 4-3 to Selt...

And Trump's in the doo-doo too, 3-0 down to Sam Baird
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....but wins four on the spin to beat Baird 4-3, as does Allen over Woollaston.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is this live or highlights?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ The ones I mentioned were outside tables, Davis v Holt was live at the time (Holt missing the final pink with the rest handing victory to Mark).

Rain stopped play on one of the tables this morning apparently #leakyroof
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the prog at 8pm on Eurosport is just highlights from matches already shown today or will it have coverage from matches played after the prog that ended at 4.15pm?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ think it'll be highlights like last night...
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ The ones I mentioned were outside tables, Davis v Holt was live at the time (Holt missing the final pink with the rest handing victory to Mark).

Rain stopped play on one of the tables this morning apparently #leakyroof

Wimbledon is a possible venue for snooker now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great tournament for Sean O'Sullivan, just beaten Mark Davis to reach the QF where he'll play Mark Allen. Just goes to show falling off the tour doesn't necessarily mean career over.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw a bit of episode 1 of the Ronnie Show on Eurosport. He was talking about how he nearly pulled out of the Masters due to tiredness and stress, yet he plays a fraction of events that some of these other guys play. I do sometimes wish that people who live a charmed life would take a reality check now and again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great tournament for Sean O'Sullivan, just beaten Mark Davis to reach the QF where he'll play Mark Allen. Just goes to show falling off the tour doesn't necessarily mean career over.

Of course that was his cue to lose his next match 4-zip :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant comeback by McGill from 1-3 to beat Trump 4-3
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant comeback by McGill from 1-3 to beat Trump 4-3

Looks a good prospect doesn't he ?
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair they are at least showing 2 hour highlights of the snooker final at 8pm which should be mean the whole thing because the format is only best of 7 - really should be over with 2 hours or if not we won't miss much.

EuroSport are not covering the Semi Finals either so the 2 hours tonight will probably be about an hour of each.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks a good prospect doesn't he ?

feels like he's been around for ages doesn't it, can't believe he is only 23!

got 63 centuries so far too, pretty good at such a young age.
  • dazcdazc Posts: 4,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Done To Selby I Don't Think He Gets The Credit He Deserved Great Final And Another Great Tournament In Europe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to world number one, player with most PTC wins, another trademark comeback....gotta admire him
  • TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Golden Oldies Swail, McManus, Doherty and O'Brien qualifying for Shanghai.
  • golden-condorgolden-condor Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    When's the first tournament of the season?
This discussion has been closed.