Puppylove7's X Factor Game - Live Show 3

puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello and welcome to live show 3!!!!! Let's remind us of the acts who are still left!!

Steve and the Girls:
Diana Vickers
Lucie Jones
Sophie Habibis
Jade Collins

Jordan and the Groups:
Union J
Hope
Diva Fever

Tom and the Boys:
Jamie Archer
Jahmene Douglas
Paige Richardson

I know Jordan and Tom can't make it but I have received their comments. Steve are you here? :)

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am here....I didn't realize that this started already. :o
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First up is Jade Collins!!!!!!
    Edge Of Glory (Lady Gaga) [Ali Brustofski Cover]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5NDX6Wktlo

Jordan's comment:
    Hey! Jade mayn, that was a pretty cool performance! I think the one problem with you is that there's potential for it to become very 'samey' and predictable, that doesn't detract from the fact that you are a great singer; but could do later on. But! Based on this performance today you'll be sailing through.

Tom's comment:[
    Jade!! A very pretty performance from you tonight, I preferred you last week mainly because we got to see your emotional side more, this song was very samey samey throughout. However, that said it really was a nice performance that you should be proud of!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade Collins

Jade my beautiful Irish girl, what a terrific way to start. When we heard about the theme, I had this version of Lady Gaga's song in my head and when you sung it on our first lesson back after last week's show, I knew that this was a perfect match. There's so much more I wanna do and I want to continue working with you, because you sing with so much emotion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Diva Fever!!!!!!
    Untouched
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ykW4rtW2eu0

Jordan's comment:
    *Standing ovation* Guys! You nailed that! You genuinely nailed that performance. Week 1 you were fun, week 2 you showed that you were a serious act, week 3, you combined both and it really shows that you guys could win this, you do something no one else can do and that's combine a Rylan performance with a Marcus Colin's vocal; you really stand out as the dark horses to me! Loved it.

Tom's comment:
    Ok boys, last week you were the dark horse in the competition and you became a serious competitor, but this week I do not know what happened, but it was just dreadful, sorry. Your harmonies were gone, it was just another karaoke song, whereas last week you nailed it and showed us you are not a joke act, this week you went right back a few steps. I think you could be in trouble tonight and it is a shame because we have seen your true potential.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diva Fever

Oh boys...what happened this week?! 9 to 5 was a guilty pleasure and last week, you were singing like contenders, but I'm gonna have to be really honest about it. I feel that this was your weakest performance in this competition. It pains me to say it but the song choice was not well matched for you. I think that if you had a song with a more of a male side, it would've been better, but I have a feeling that you are in trouble tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Jahmene Douglas!!!!!!
    River Deep Mountain High
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-kNlBb9veo

Jordan's comment:
    Hey dude! I'll probably get shot for saying this but while your vocals are amazing, they're just not for me. In the real contest and this one - you're just not my cup of tea. However, I can appreciate your talent, but that song choice does nothing for me; it's too predictable. I'd personally love to see you shake it up and just do something I'd never expect! I could've guessed that you were going to do that song, and that bores me slightly.

Tom's comment:
    *stands up dancing at the desk, shaking what my mama gave me* JAHMENE!! My main man! Last week you showed us your pure emotion and how much you can give a song, this week you showed us that you can take on an up-tempo song with a huge production and still NAIL it! I am so proud of you, your vocals were on point throughout, and it shows you are so versatile and suited perfectly to this competition! Well done my man!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jahmene Douglas

Jahmene, I'm in two different sides to this one. On one side, I will agree with Jordan on that the song choice was a little too feminine for you since you can hit the high notes with ease.. However at the same time and I disagree with Jordan here, I found it full of energy and fun and in someway, you got me dancing in my chair all the way through. I still enjoyed it and you are still a terrific singer who should be safe, well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Diana Vickers!!!!!!!!
    Lights (Ellie Goulding) [Fernando Garibay Remix]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T7UnQprQWI

Jordan's comment:
    That was AMAZING! Diana you blew me away, you are your mentor deserve a medal for it for the vocal. However, Lights, while Ellie's best single wasn't a UK top 10, it wasn't even a top 40 single. So it goes against the brief, which for me taints the performance slightly.

Tom's comment:
    Diana, last week I asked you to deliver a performance none of us expected, to be fair, in my opinion, this was not it, however, that said, it was a good performance. You have a very distinctive and beautiful voice so it must be hard for your mentor to get it right. Not your best performance for me but certainly not bad. I hope you pull it out the bag fully next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers

Diana my quirky star, first of all, I wanted to give you an amazing song but the rules of the theme had to be obeyed and this was an alternative that we worked on for this week. Secondly, I didn't realize that Lights wasn't even a Top 40 single, so now I am very worried about you, babe. That said, it was another great performance from you and if you are here next week, I HOPE we get to work on the song that we wanted to do, cause it could make you a top contender.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Union J!!!!!!!
    Black and Gold
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XMbBl4z6Xug

Jordan's comment:
    Guys you nailed that, I feel this is the kinda music you really should be doing; it allows you to carve your own niche in what is a crowded market. What it also has proven to me is that you're the best boy band too have come through the X Factor! Guys! I see big things for you. Congratulations.

Tom's comment:
    *watches with a shocked face and looks at Steve and laughs mid-way through performance* Boys, what the hell was that please? Firstly, when I was younger I did love that song, it was my ringtone and I used to dance to it instead of answer the phone, anyway, I digress, you are a vocal harmony group, and this.. this… no. I looked at Steve half way through that and laughed, it was nowhere near your normal standard boys, the last two weeks you absolutely nailed it, this week it was a huge let down, if you are lucky enough to be here next week please get back onto that vocal harmony path PLEASE!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Union J

Boys, I'm very disappointed about this song choice. I commend your mentor for a risk with you, but for me, I felt that you could've done so much better with another song. If you had something more dance pop-ish, I think you would've been contenders, however this was a HUGE step down and I think you could be in trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Paige Richardson!!!!!!!!
    Ball of confusion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrRb5hIbRr4

Jordan's comment:
    Paige, I liked that, but you have the same problem as Jahmene in that it was a tad predictable. However, I did enjoy it, whether that was the performance that will secure your position in the long run I don't know. But, I know it should keep you safe tonight.

Tom's comment:
    *head bopping throughout* PAIGE! I took a risk tonight and for me it paid off! Not only did that song show off your jazzy, soulful vocals, it also showed us your kind of rocky edge too in my opinion. I freekin’ loved it, so proud. I hope you bounce back from being in the bottom 2 last week, because you deserve your place in this competition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pajie Richardson

Pajie, I was a little surprised to see you in the bottom two last week, but I saved you because you had more to give. This week, I like the fact that you went with a song that is within your comfort zone, however I do have to pick up on the song choice. It was suited for you but it was completely dated and I think for next time, you need a song that is more current but has that class that you've shown before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Lucie Jones!!!!!!!!
    Evacuate The Dancefloor (Cascada) [Unplugged]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH5n-mj6u08

Jordan's comment:
    Lucie! That was brilliant, it really was. This is the first performance of the night that I can say was perfect in every way without being called bias! I would have liked to have perhaps seen you take a crack at the original dance version, cause I think you would have nailed it! But well done Lucie!

Tom's comment:
    Ok Lucie, when I seen you were singing an unplugged version, I was gutted, because you finally got the chance to do up-tempo and you didn’t? I know your mentor mentioned to me and Jordon that he didn’t want to take away from your vocal strength or something? But if you are supposed to be here, you should be able to show vocal strength no matter you sing ballads, up-tempo, rocky, soul, the list goes on. However, my moaning done, it was pretty beautiful and I did enjoy it, but PLEASE sing an up-tempo song, I beg you!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucie Jones

Lucie dear, after two ballads, we really needed to sing an uptempo song but at the same time, I didn't want you to lose your vocal strength among the song. Girl, you really worked that song to the ground and next week, if we get the chance, we'll carry on making you a top star as I have so many ideas we can work on in the shows to come.
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I genuinely believe black and gold suits them to a T, it shows a completely different side to them, similarly with Dova Fever. Also, at least my acts are pushing boundries, I could've guessed all of the boy's performances.
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am here now, will be able to post my own comments
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Hope!!!!!!!!!!!
    You & Me
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vM8ePGuRM

Jordan's comment:
    Girls, you are the definition of an underdog! People expected you to be voted out in the first week, and look, you're still here. I think you girls really don't get enough credit, you really don't, and that is why I chose you as I wanted to prove that Little Mix weren't the only talented girlband on the X Factor. Tonight your harmonies were dead on, and everyone shone, this band isn't called Phoebe & co, it's called Hope - you can all sing. Awesome performance girls and well done.

Tom's comment:
    Hope, when I seen you were singing this my initial thought was “arr eyy, Jordon, what are you doing” yet it was very nice, wasn’t perfect, but it was enjoyable, certainly the best group tonight. Not as many harmonies tonight, but they were there so credit where credit is due. Very nice performance tonight, well done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope

Girls...you've finally done it! After a few good performances, you came on stage and you just delivered a terrific song with all that I wanted from you. This Garage/Pop style is definitely where your mentor should take you as along with your harmonies, it was a stroke of genius in my mind and your best performance to date! This week, you were the best of the groups and I expect you to be back here next week. Great job, girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noonan15 wrote: »
    I am here now, will be able to post my own comments

Ok! Jordan, will you? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope, when I seen you were singing this my initial thought was “arr eyy, Jordon, what are you doing” yet it was very nice, wasn’t perfect, but it was enjoyable, certainly the best group tonight. Not as many harmonies tonight, but they were there so credit where credit is due. Very nice performance tonight, well done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up is Jamie Archer!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beautiful Day – U2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBfqABtOoxI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie Archer

Oooh Jamie, I'm gonna have to say that this song was a predictable choice since Beautiful Day has been used several times on many games. However, I do take into consideration with the theme, but I just think that the song choice while it was good, may have hindered you. If you're back here, I hope you find a song that'll get you back in the race cause your voice is one of a kind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *rocking out in my seat then gets up on desk and starts dancing* JAMIEE!!! AHHHH!! *stands up and screams and turns to audience and goes “YEAH BABYYY!!” You little rocker, I was here like your little groupie, rocking it all out! It was amazing mate, you really are a great person to work with, amazing! I got so excited at this lot *points to crowd* rocking out to YOU so much so that I think I dropped a kidney or something screaming, well done mate! I really hope all of my category make it through tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jordan's comment:
    Afro! I loved it. I cannot deny your talent or your voice, your rendition of that classic was brilliant. So, bare that in mind when I say that it was a bit predictable. To survive in this contest Jamie I feel like you need too connect to a younger audience, something like "Just For Tonight" by One Night Only or even NickelBack's "Rockstar" would've been amazing. However, as I said despite the predictability I did love it. Congratulations on an awesome performance.