The Sims 3

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know when The Sims 3 is due out?? And what the minimum requirements will be??

Comments

• Dolphin DriverDolphin Driver Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not much information has been released about the Sims 3 yet, but it is expected to be released late 2009.
    Any News will be published on www.thesims3.com (HERE)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I might give the sims 3 a miss, as I've just completed my collection of the sims 2 and the add-ons, cost loads of money and lots of memory space :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuppa_Tea wrote: »
    Think I might give the sims 3 a miss, as I've just completed my collection of the sims 2 and the add-ons, cost loads of money and lots of memory space :(

LATE 2009 and you have already made up your mind thats forward planning....why would you not buy a game you obviously like because you have got the rest of the collection lol seems silly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    You can pre order from Play.com, it is due out 20th Feb 09

I sm really looking forward to this as the level of control looks amazing, especially when you can have a wish that stops them form going to the loo. As i find the eating and toilet matters annoying part of the gameplay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I upgraded to a new PC a few months ago - I hope the specs will play Sims 3.
  • Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    I'm not too sure about this game. I love the sims but this doesnt leave me feeling excited!
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the Sims 3 going to be released on any other console apart from the PC? If so, will it be released on the same day?
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too sure about this game. I love the sims but this doesnt leave me feeling excited!

I think it sounds pretty awesome actually. The self-contained neighbourhoods thing will save you a lot of time messing around waiting for the lots to load for one thing....:)
  • Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I think it sounds pretty awesome actually. The self-contained neighbourhoods thing will save you a lot of time messing around waiting for the lots to load for one thing....:)

I suppose but I dont like the idea of a family aging whilst I am not there. I suppose it will be one of those games you don't make up your mind up about until release. I'm lucky that my load times are really quick but the sims 3 will have to be majorly spectacular to get me to part with my cash!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,560
    Forum Member

Same here, it's not like when we went from the Original to 2.

I've heard so much bad stuff about TS3 already, that I have already made up my mind, and I will NOT be buying it.
  • Dolphin DriverDolphin Driver Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will buy Sims 3 eventually, but not until October time next year, or Christmas, something like that.
    I suppose it gives me time to get a decent computer, or update mine so it can run the game nicely and for any problems with the game to be sorted out.
    Also, I might be able to see what some of the expansion packs are like, depending on when they come out, and decide whether I want them or not..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I Really would like to get it as well but there's some rumours that it is going to have the same DRM System as Spore which of course has caused a bit of a upset for PC Gamers recently. Spec wise cording to the many Sims community websites it's will be designed for low end gaming so something in the line of maybe 1.6 to 2.0 Ghz maybe though someone did make the prediction of 3 Ghz! Though of course the more the better even for a low end game like the Sims 2.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was lucky enough to see a demo of the sims 3 from the producer Ben Bell, he was running it from a laptop. The game it's self looks amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapyJo wrote: »

I've heard so much bad stuff about TS3 already, that I have already made up my mind, and I will NOT be buying it.

Lol, so you make up your mind about a product before it is even released, that sounds fair! :D

There was plenty of negativity floating around about the Sims 2 before it was released, especially around the whole aging thing. Some people were really upset at the idea of their Sims dying of old age and so forth. Change scares people, basically....:D

I'd be willing to bet that you will change your mind at some point in the future once everyone else has moved on to the Sims 3...;)
  • furrycheekyfurrycheeky Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks good, I hope there are multiple saves, so if different people use the PC you don't come back and find your sim has died of old age.
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm concerned about the specs required.

I am sort of OK with the Sims2 on the lappy - but have missed out installing some packs (Uni, Bon Voyage and Pets)

I am concerned about the resources required for the Sims 3 - its all too vague at the moment

I think TS2 is one of the last games people are buying for the PC - people are moving towards lappys. Already Apartment Life for TS2 is not playable for most laptops .... will TS3 tech themselves out of the gaming world?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sims 3 looks amazing, if its unplayable on laptop I may actually cry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ajay14 wrote: »
    The Sims 3 looks amazing, if its unplayable on laptop I may actually cry.

If you read up thread, it appears it will be playable on laptop. It's the way ahead anyway, as desk top pc's in the home environment are on their way to become obsolete now.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the official specs were released today:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=401

I assume they mean the Geforce Go 6200 and greater? I have the laptop chip of the NVIDIA 8600 GT will that work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should do Jason...in all honesty I don't think the system requirements are all that different to those for the later EP's for the Sims2.
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    should do Jason...in all honesty I don't think the system requirements are all that different to those for the later EP's for the Sims2.

.... which are quite often unplayable to those with lappys.

I have a 2 gHz lappy - but will not contemplate Apartment Life.

As for the link above - it does not work, but I'll see if I can find the specs.

Edit:

I will not be getting Sims 3 ..... as I suggested in a previous post, they are teching themselves out of the laptop gaming market by requiring such a high spec of PC (lappy)

OR WINDOWS VISTA

* Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
    * 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    * 1.5 GB RAM
    * At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
    * 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

For lappys specificallly - the spec is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too high

For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires at least:

* Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA X3000 or above.
    * 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
    * 0.5 GB additional RAM

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/newsItem.jsp?item=236875146

Edit (again):
    My 2 gHz is a dual core - so it will probably run (and I have a total of 4 gig RAM) and my X3100 graphics card is supported - so I will probably be able to run the game, but most people won't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I find out what specifications my computer has?
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomorrow wrote: »
    .... which are quite often unplayable to those with lappys.

I have a 2 gHz lappy - but will not contemplate Apartment Life.

As for the link above - it does not work, but I'll see if I can find the specs.

Edit:

I will not be getting Sims 3 ..... as I suggested in a previous post, they are teching themselves out of the laptop gaming market by requiring such a high spec of PC (lappy)

OR WINDOWS VISTA

* Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
    * 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    * 1.5 GB RAM
    * At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
    * 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

For lappys specificallly - the spec is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too high

For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires at least:

* Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA X3000 or above.
    * 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
    * 0.5 GB additional RAM

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/newsItem.jsp?item=236875146

Edit (again):
    My 2 gHz is a dual core - so it will probably run (and I have a total of 4 gig RAM) and my X3100 graphics card is supported - so I will probably be able to run the game, but most people won't.

A Dual Core lappy with around 2.0 ghz processor would have no difficulty running the sims 3, and since most half way decent new lappy's are Dual core i think you are dead wrong about your claim of them teching themselves out of the laptop market.

In fact from your post it's clear you ASSUMED you wouldn't be able to run it before the event and didn't even check the specs properly to begin with. It's a shame because your post is actually quite misleading as it is wrongly critical of the product to anyone who doesn't read your last sentence...;)