Singers on Britain's Got Talent

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
Forum Member
This debate has been going on for quite long, and should I post this in the BGT forum it's quite likely at that this time of year, no one will reply so I'll post it here.

In all fairness, BGT provides a good platform for classical/opera singers which obviously wouldn't work on X Factor, as well as the kids (many of them handle the experience well). But, you get singers who have previously auditioned for X Factor entering BGT (and not getting very far). Thing is, if a singer who could have gone on X Factor reaches the final of BGT, it's more unlikely they'll be taken seriously in the music business as opposed to if they went on XF. Take Luminites for example (they reached the final this year). Going by their performances, they could probably have easily made it to the final of XF. Jordan O'Keefe and Sam Kelly (last year) probably also. We had Shaun Smith back in 2009 who felt he wasn't good enough for X Factor. Ryan O'Shaughnessy may well have gotten the chance to perform his own material on XF.

The point is, many of these singers take up the spots which good variety acts could take instead. My opinion anyway. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only singers that should be allowed to audition for BGT are opera/classical singers or children.

Everyone else should go to XF.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only singers that should be allowed to audition for BGT are opera/classical singers or children.

thats a stupid and utterly ridiculous thing to say.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It. Seems only some kind of dance act wins BGT anyway,

And now you don't need to be from Britain.:D
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member

There's nothing saying they shouldn't be allowed. Just that the ones who don't fall into the above categories would be better off on X Factor, as if they are good enough, have a better chance of succeeding. BGT doesn't get anywhere near as much press/media attention as X Factor (apart from 2009 where they were pretty much neck & neck - X Factor had Jedward and the like, and BGT had Susan Boyle, and the like).
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the singing but if there's singing they should split up the days and have semi final for each category like singers, dancers , variety etc with the other talents to make sure there's more variety.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats a stupid and utterly ridiculous thing to say.

Why? :confused:

X-Factor is there for a reason?? BGT is a variety show and most importantly the winner will perform for the queen.

There were way too many singers on the show this year.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    There's nothing saying they shouldn't be allowed. Just that the ones who don't fall into the above categories would be better off on X Factor, as if they are good enough, have a better chance of succeeding. BGT doesn't get anywhere near as much press/media attention as X Factor (apart from 2009 where they were pretty much neck & neck - X Factor had Jedward and the like, and BGT had Susan Boyle, and the like).

Surely TXF gives them less chance

On BGT you only have to sing, what is it 4 times and be voted on by the public 3 times to win where as on TXF it must be at least sing 16 times and be voted for at least 12 times to win. Plus you are only competing against other singers so it's harder to stand out
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    Surely TXF gives them less chance

On BGT you only have to sing, what is it 4 times and be voted on by the public 3 times to win where as on TXF it must be at least sing 16 times and be voted for at least 12 times to win. Plus you are only competing against other singers so it's harder to stand out

Be voted by the public twice, but it's not that easy. It's easy to be overshadowed by variety acts on BGT. But with X Factor, even if you don't win but reach a certain point in the live shows, you can get somewhere after the show. Most of the singers who get to the final of BGT are forgotten. Exceptions being Susan Boyle, Loveable Rogues, Ryan O'Shaughnessy, Shaheen Jafargholi etc.