How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right....wheres my fiesta 1.0 ecoboost ?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    ballybally wrote: »
    Same here but I'll be racing around in the Zonda in the game, taking a break from racing around in my Zonda in real life :p

lol :D
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I'll be racing around in the Golf in the game, taking a break from racing around in my Golf in real life :)

Are you going to join a Golf club?
    ballybally wrote: »
    Same here but I'll be racing around in the Zonda in the game, taking a break from racing around in my Zonda in real life :p

Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So all being well and game turns out great. What is the cost to Upgrade and get future content ?
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    So all being well and game turns out great. What is the cost to Upgrade and get future content ?

I saw a post over on Neo Gaf the other day, the PS US store had the DC upgrade price from the plus version to full game at $49.99.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll stick with plus at least till the crew and project cars are out. I only really want to invest in one racer so want to make sure I get it right.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I saw a post over on Neo Gaf the other day, the PS US store had the DC upgrade price from the plus version to full game at $49.99.

£42.99 to upgrade in the UK. The Season Pass is priced at €24.99 so should be somewhere in the region of £19.99.

It will be available to preorder here on Wednesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still quite a costly upgrade. The disc is 49.99 in most stores.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad selection of cars for the free version. The PS+ freebie is starting to remind me of GTHD which appear on PS3 in the first year.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    The upgrade is a bit costly. It might be cheaper to get the full version off the US store, for $60 I assume.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    The upgrade is a bit costly. It might be cheaper to get the full version off the US store, for $60 I assume.

Are there any disadvantages to doing that?

I know you'd have to make a US account primary to play the game on your main EU account, but how would you fare with updates and DLC, both free and paid for? Would you need to go through the US account for those too?

My plan was to see if my US account was eligible for the 14 day trial so I could play the PS+ version early, and then get the EU version on 10/10.
    Forum Member
    Are there any disadvantages to doing that?

I know you'd have to make a US account primary to play the game on your main EU account, but how would you fare with updates and DLC, both free and paid for? Would you need to go through the US account for those too?

My plan was to see if my US account was eligible for the 14 day trial so I could play the PS+ version early, and then get the EU version on 10/10.

Normally there aren't any disadvantages to it, but they did complicate this version a little bit. And I don't normally dabble in DLC so I'm not sure.

Hmmmm, maybe boxed this time might be the way.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still not comfortable with the idea of buying too much on foreign accounts. Surely the more and more people do this and publicise this way to get games cheaper the greater the change some restrictions will come in.

On the PS3 Sony originally allowed you to download and play your games on 5 different systems but as more people started exploiting that and game sharing that limit got reduced to 2 different systems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I am still not comfortable with the idea of buying too much on foreign accounts. Surely the more and more people do this and publicise this way to get games cheaper the greater the change some restrictions will come in.

On the PS3 Sony originally allowed you to download and play your games on 5 different systems but as more people started exploiting that and game sharing that limit got reduced to 2 different systems.

Personally, I've always supported our local PSN/Xbox Live - I figured the more people that use it, the more support it will receive.

Ideally, our prices would match those in the US and nobody would feel the need to buy from there, but our prices have always been higher, and probably always will unfortunately.

Sony have always turned a blind eye to users accessing foreign accounts, but you're right, they could stamp it out if they feels it threatens their business.

At the moment Netflix who also ignore "cyber-travelling" are under pressure from rights holders to ban VPN use. Providers such as HULU have already taken steps to stop users watching content from outside the intended countries. PS and Xbox may at some point get the same from their content partners.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll play the demo for a month see how it goes. Like I say I'll seek opinion on project cars and if I still want dc, I'll probably get the disc version
    Forum Member

I am conscious of this too. So far I've only bought watchdogs and pre ordered FIFA off my US account.

If they do stop the "fake" accounts, we don't really have a leg to stand on.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sky in the twitch stream is just absolutely stunning in the day night transition! (from 30mins)
    http://www.twitch.tv/playstationde/b/558118897
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it the same on ps4 or is it 1 game per
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Who's to stop us having a US account? What if you actually from the US? And say... studying in the UK? :P
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im getting the disc version..

whats the free version all about?
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    im getting the disc version..

whats the free version all about?

Errr PS+ version? Essentially a Driveclub Lite? (Access to game with limited cars/tracks?)
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errr PS+ version? Essentially a Driveclub Lite? (Access to game with limited cars/tracks?)

errr

?

PS+ so "free" then
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Someone on my friends list is playing this just now for review. http://imgur.com/1gGLBAr
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jammy. Wish it was me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Someone on my friends list is playing this just now for review. http://imgur.com/1gGLBAr

Meh. Played it a year ago. Admittedly it was a very different game back then.

All being well, I should be able to grab a quick go this weekend.