Capital FM Network (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice the current on air competition to promote Capital TV is a bit cheeky. Giving away £388 (and a TV) because Capital TV is on Sky Channel 388.. What about the fact it's on FreeSat 517 too? :P
  • BingethinkBingethink Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheeky? Why?

Sky is in many more homes than Freesat. Simple.
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BSkyB is a regular sponsor of programming on various Global stations. Nothing cheeky about it, it's just business.

They promote the Sky platform and Sky buys sponsorship on their stations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Global aren't even promoting the Sky platform here. They're promoting their TV channel.
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    £388 < £517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -ajm- wrote: »
    £388 < £517

It is.

But £129 does not make a massive difference in the launch of their new channel.
  • djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it harder to find on Sky than it is on Freeset? If so, that plus the potential audience, plus the fact it's less cash, and you've got 3 reasons why they'd choose that number.
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth is freesat?
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    What on earth is freesat?

Satellite that's free!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Remember Roberto? He's moving to Heart evenings.
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Q3 RAJAR Results looks disappointing for Capital South Coast. Looking at other networked stations are looking healthy
    Forum Member
    O2 arena this year. Was it last year?
    Forum Member
    O2 arena this year. Was it last year?

Yes. Makes sense to hold the event in the Capital of the UK:)
    Forum Member
    MattJW wrote: »
    Yes. Makes sense to hold the event in the Capital of the UK:)

There's also Cardiff and Edinburgh but I see your point.
    Forum Member
    Is their going to be another line up for day 2 of the Jingle Bell Ball?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is their going to be another line up for day 2 of the Jingle Bell Ball?

Yep, revealed next saturday 10am.. with the final act announced the following Monday at 8am, like this week, no doubt.
  • TeleviixonMaltaTeleviixonMalta Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Q3 RAJAR Results looks disappointing for Capital South Coast. Looking at other networked stations are looking healthy

Capital South Coast seriously needs a new breakfast show! Zoe and Gillies are awful! It sounds scripted and like theyre trying too hard.

I never noticed it on Power or Galaxy, but I've stopped listening to them at breakfast!
    Forum Member
    Capital South Coast seriously needs a new breakfast show! Zoe and Gillies are awful! It sounds scripted and like theyre trying too hard.

I never noticed it on Power or Galaxy, but I've stopped listening to them at breakfast!

It was painful on Saturday.

I think Paul is alright though so maybe a new co-host. Nothing against Zoe, she's certainly better than Toni.

Who would you have replace them?
  • Liam_CLiam_C Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    It was painful on Saturday.

I think Paul is alright though so maybe a new co-host. Nothing against Zoe, she's certainly better than Toni.

Who would you have replace them?

It almost sounded like it was pre-recorded it was that unnatural. However with Zoe recently announcing she was pregnant it won't be long till she is on maternity leave, so they will have to change it... Like you say, the question is who...? That said they do have a very big loyal following, so expect an uproar!
    Forum Member
    Liam_C wrote: »
    It almost sounded like it was pre-recorded it was that unnatural. However with Zoe recently announcing she was pregnant it won't be long till she is on maternity leave, so they will have to change it... Like you say, the question is who...? That said they do have a very big loyal following, so expect an uproar!

I dare say Toni will do cover with Paul.
    As for weekends, what's Lloydie doing these days?
  • PhilHPhilH Posts: 2,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for weekends, what's Lloydie doing these days?

He seems to do quite regular swing work for Hallam FM and Radio Aire.
  • chipmanchipman Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I am hearing a few references to 'Capital FM' again every now and again and on the website - has the TV channel meant that they need to be more specific?!

I quite like the 'Capital' on the radio when people are listening to it, but in press releases and such it is 'Capital FM' so people know what they are on about. Wonder if they are changing it?
  • TeleviixonMaltaTeleviixonMalta Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Liam_C wrote: »

Yeah some of the girls on my old department used to talk about Zoe & Gillies, back when it was Galaxy.

I actually prefer Toni to Zoe, when she's in on her own she at least sounds natural, but I don't know how she sounds when co presenting with someone else.