Options

The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    We did a bit of spamming of the Canada AM yesterday, but to be honest, I don't think we are influential enough to get them on the actual show :D it's more to show they have a lot of fans etc..

But its great there's going to be a performance too
    I just edited my previous post, here's a pic of the performance. It looks like Young Love https://twitter.com/shestolemyshoes/status/291569816903491587/photo/1/large
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just edited my previous post, here's a pic of the performance. It looks like Young Love https://twitter.com/shestolemyshoes/status/291569816903491587/photo/1/large

They look amazing :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »

quote"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way."

I seemed to have missed this, what an great quote :)
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Ohhh Canada AM - exciting. I agree I think someone is giving them a helping hand and it could be a publicist 'hired' over there. Nothing wrong with that. They generated interest via twitter and perhaps they just needed a little extra push to capitalise on that.

I've watched the NML interview again via their website (better quality lol) and it's one of their best. They come over as charming, warm, funny and look gorgeous. Glad they went for a more stylish quiff - I kept banging on about it, as if they'd listened to me! There's no reason why they can't retain their trademark hair but in a more fashionable/cool way. Their personalities stop them becoming too much like any other boy band, which is something I did 'worry' about a few months back during the weird period.

I also agree that things, subject to what they are ie. too personal, should be said openly. Of course, the past is the past and we can't change that. We might not be able to influence the future either, but constructive criticism helps improvement and growth.

The interview was fab, and as you know, I'm not the greatest quiff fan, but I thought their hair looked lovely, they looked handsome, but interesting, fun and indeed a little bit different

I certainly have no issue with constructive critism either :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When will the interview and preformance be shown ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will the interview and preformance be shown ?

I saw a tweet, from Canada AM I think, saying they'll let us know when they're showing it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    I saw a tweet, from Canada AM I think, saying they'll let us know when they're showing it :)

Yes just read canada am tweet after posting that

There is another picture surfaced of them being interviewed by canada fm they look breathtaking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this Canada AM lady the interview will be aired next week and it'll be uploaded to their website available worldwide after it's aired. https://twitter.com/tdaenzer

Love how she calls them "Irish dynamo duo pop stars John & Edward"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this Canada AM lady the interview will be aired next week and it'll be uploaded to their website available worldwide after it's aired. https://twitter.com/tdaenzer

Love how she calls them "Irish dynamo duo pop stars John & Edward"

This Canada trip has been very fruitful trip two massive shows and other medias outlets including MTV swedan and German sites etc saying your fans miss u and visit soon
  • Options
    ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has Youth Fest Nordireland invited them ever before? Because it seems they want to book them for this year RT"@ YouthFestNI : Do you think we should try and see if #Jedward would be interested in making an appearance at this years #YouthFest2013 " of course this could have been tweeted only because they want new followers, but who knows maybe after the Canada trip a few people see them in a different light now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    LisaHafey wrote: »
    YES! They've been a team forever, it's nice to see people who are happy to continue to work with them. Terry, their sound/video engineer, told me once (and I may have said this here before) that he's been with them since their XF audition video - they came to him to make it for them. He's worked with loads of other acts, but he loves the Twins to absolute bits, and if you've ever met Terry, he's the loveliest guy ever, and is so supportive of their career.

It's nice to know they have people around them who are fun, who are hard-working, and who are fully-behind the ethos of TeamJedward.

The XF audition video? Didn't they just have to fill in a form and then audition live?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    has Youth Fest Nordireland invited them ever before? Because it seems they want to book them for this year RT"@ YouthFestNI : Do you think we should try and see if #Jedward would be interested in making an appearance at this years #YouthFest2013 " of course this could have been tweeted only because they want new followers, but who knows maybe after the Canada trip a few people see them in a different light now

I saw that this morning, I don't think they've done it before, It does seem they've been in demand today, there have been several tweets asking for them :)
  • Options
    dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The XF audition video? Didn't they just have to fill in a form and then audition live?

I've never heard of audition videos being involved either - what's that all about? I thought you just turned up & had to go through a few rounds of performing for various production staff before making it through to the filmed auditions.
  • Options
    Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metal box wrote: »
    Jedward were as charming as ever - but the big difference in this interview is that the hosts gave them a chance to be themselves. I noticed a couple of times that the lady wanted to speak but couldnt get a word in,... but she handled them amazingy.

It does make me wonder whether they are genuinely liked more over there - or if somebody higher up is just pulling different strings. I say this because over here it doesn't matter what they are thought of, they are still treated as the annoying twins.

Either way I dont know whats going on, or whos arranging this for them, but whatever it is...i bloody love it!

BIB - completely agree. Just shows you what a difference it makes
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know about an audition video, but no, I don't believe the twins simply turned up at the XF. There was that video which some other Irish auditionees made in which we saw a camera crew following the twins in the queue outside for the first auditions. Then I remember an interview in which they were speaking about applying for the X Factor and Edward said "We were really surprised when the letter came. What letter? Why would the XF be sending them a letter? I always wondered what this meant. And no, I haven't got a link to the interview - it was from a magazine but quite some time ago now. We know they were known about in Ireland because of that other promoter who was doing a talent show in Dublin which they blagged their way on to judging. We also know the XF does scout around for talent - famously, Leona Lewis was known about and invited to audition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Then I remember an interview in which they were speaking about applying for the X Factor and Edward said "We were really surprised when the letter came. What letter? Why would the XF be sending them a letter? I always wondered what this meant.
    I remember that about the letter and I hadn't never thought about it.

I think we've commented here before that the XF auditions aren't only what we see on TV, but also some parallel auditions. Seems that not everybody gets to face the judges
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember that about the letter and I hadn't never thought about it.

I think we've commented here before that the XF auditions aren't only what we see on TV, but also some parallel auditions. Seems that not everybody gets to face the judges

When my daughter auditioned, it was infront of producers, there were at least three more auditions to get through before any of them would get to face the judges
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about an audition video, but no, I don't believe the twins simply turned up at the XF. There was that video which some other Irish auditionees made in which we saw a camera crew following the twins in the queue outside for the first auditions. Then I remember an interview in which they were speaking about applying for the X Factor and Edward said "We were really surprised when the letter came. What letter? Why would the XF be sending them a letter? I always wondered what this meant. And no, I haven't got a link to the interview - it was from a magazine but quite some time ago now. We know they were known about in Ireland because of that other promoter who was doing a talent show in Dublin which they blagged their way on to judging. We also know the XF does scout around for talent - famously, Leona Lewis was known about and invited to audition.

I'm sure someone claimed here a year ago that they had inside knowledge Jedward had been "scouted" to appear on the show, but how the producers would have heard about them is anyone's guess and there were no Irish auditions that year either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another lovely tweet by the Canada AM lady:
    Super cute and talented, next week on Canada AM we've got Irish pop duo John & Edward @planetjedward

https://twitter.com/tdaenzer/status/291668562861490176
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super cute and talented, next week on Canada AM we've got Irish pop duo John & Edward @planetjedward

She seems to have worked out that they're very popular too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks so nice to read, they've had such a great reception over there..absolutely chuffed for them :)
  • Options
    OG48OG48 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding XFactor Audition it would explain S.Cowell saying they were annoying just after few minutes of them being on .Maybe there was a tape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OG48 wrote: »
    Regarding XFactor Audition it would explain S.Cowell saying they were annoying just after few minutes of them being on .Maybe there was a tape.

It's certainly possible that Louis might have known about them (somehow) before they appeared on the show. Perhaps they were scouted or encouraged to audition by someone who had spotted then in Dublin
  • Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about an audition video, but no, I don't believe the twins simply turned up at the XF.

Yep, there's a lot of culling before the contestants even get to sing. I believe the X Factor process went like this for the Jeds:

1. Sent in the application form - and this might have included the video.
    2. Selected for the (non-televised) producers auditions in London - they find out via "the letter".
    3. In London, selected for the judges auditions in Glasgow.
    4. In Glasgow, selected for bootcamp.
    5. And you know how the rest of it goes! :)
  • Options
    SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Flat hair and elegant clothes for their Canada AM performance https://twitter.com/shestolemyshoes/status/291569816903491587/photo/1/large

It reminds me of the slick look they had when they performed Young Love on This Morning. It's a similar sort of show to Canada AM and would have a similar audience. So they're right in toning down their Jepic antics and going for a more mature handsomeness! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a nice article on PopLedge about the Jedification of Canada :)

http://popledge.co.uk/2013/01/17/videos-jedward-woo-canada-and-release-happens-in-the-dark-clip/
This discussion has been closed.