Options

Disgraceful Scenes at Wembley as Millwall Fans Let Themselves Down Again

Comments

• Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,054
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Typical Millwall they just go to football matches so they can have a scrap, would serve them right if they were chucked out of next seasons FA Cup. Disgraceful.

Problem is that would just punish the team and not the morons that cause the trouble. They'd just continue causing trouble elsewhere.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Good thing the final isn't going to be Chelsea vs Millwall
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the Wigan fans didn't turn up and the Millwall fans decided to fight amongst themselves.:D

Late afternoon kick-off, to allow Wigan fans to travel the 200 miles to London, gave the Millwall fans plenty of time to get tanked up. Anyone still think its a good idea to have the semi-finals at Wembley?
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,077
    Forum Member
    Evo102 wrote: »
    So the Wigan fans didn't turn up and the Millwall fans decided to fight amongst themselves.

They did...most will be rugby fans so all well behaved.

;)
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone put on Twitter:

Millwall Season tickets holders then members got SF tickets first then last Friday 4th they went on general sale!!
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone still think its a good idea to have the semi-finals at Wembley?

We're stuck with it as I believe the FA has signed a long term contract to have the semi finals at Wembley.

I'm surprised the police didn't insist on the game being a noon kickoff.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why you say that ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When have Chelsea had trouble at Wembley ?
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're stuck with it as I believe the FA has signed a long term contract to have the semi finals at Wembley.

I'm surprised the police didn't insist on the game being a noon kickoff.

And what time would the Wigan fans have had to have left home?

3.00pm would have been better but they couldn't because of Premier League fixtures.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Why you say that ?

Because their hooligan factions hate each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fans have travelled to London for league games at 12:45pm on Saturdays before, so I'm sure Wigan fans could have done it.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They could have shared a taxi
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »

That's years ago.
    City fans had loads of trouble in Europe this season.
  • Options
    jolfc5jolfc5 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fans have travelled to London for league games at 12:45pm on Saturdays before, so I'm sure Wigan fans could have done it.
    i would agree with that
    i am sure liverpool/everton was a lunctime kick off last year, :)
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God they are only a small second-tier club and not representing this country in Europe every year.

Horrible bunch.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jolfc5 wrote: »
    i would agree with that
    i am sure liverpool/everton was a lunctime kick off last year, :)

It was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Millwall fans get into any trouble during their UEFA cup matches in 2004-05?
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Why were they fighting amongst themselves ........any one know?
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    I can also believe that not everyone fighting was a Millwall fan. During the World Cup in 2006, there was a big screen in Canary Wharf that had to be taken down (for an England game) as Millwall and West Ham fans just turned up to fight.
    I got caught at Surrey Quays station this season with riot squad police shepherding drunk, aggressive Millwall fans on to the tube. Lots of frightened passengers, including kids.
    Millwall came out against the needless closure of Lewisham Hospital A&E which did the club favours, but they are constantly let down by their fans, quite a few of whom are throwbacks to the nasty old days.
  • Options
    jolfc5jolfc5 Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was.

i wonder why they did not do the same this year then? what was the reason for it last year , do you know? :)
  • Options
    Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    That's years ago.
    City fans had loads of trouble in Europe this season.

Afaik Chelsea haven't played Millwall since 1995. When they eventually face each other again I'm sure the firms will have scores to settle.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FA & Millwall Release Statements
    The FA wrote:
    Alex Horne, General Secretary of The FA. said: "The Metropolitan Police and The FA are this evening investigating scenes of sporadic violence and disorder in the Millwall FC end at today's FA Cup Semi-Final.
    "The FA and Wembley Stadium will work with Police and representatives of Millwall FC to review all events.
    "We will look to ensure those involved are identified and we would call for criminal charges and a football banning order to be brought against them.
    "The FA deplore the scenes which have taken place, which are unacceptable. Everything will be done to take action against those involved."

Millwall Football Club will do everything possible to assist the Football Association and the Metropolitan Police investigating the disorder that occurred during Saturday's FA Cup Semi-Final against Wigan Athletic at Wembley Stadium.
    The Met confirmed after the match that they had made ten arrests with more expected to follow.
    Millwall CEO Andy Ambler said: "Our position is clear. Anyone associated with our club found guilty of violent behaviour will be banned indefinitely from Millwall matches in addition to any punishment they receive from the authorities. Having worked so hard to show the positive side of our club both on and off the field, we cannot allow the actions of a mindless minority to undermine that.
    At this stage we are still in the process of establishing the full details of what happened in a section of the ground during the second half. When we have those facts at our disposal and the police have completed their investigations we may be in a position to comment further."
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,054
    Forum Member
    Steve AWOL wrote: »

That was a replay - i went to both that and the original tie at the Den, and no, it wasn't me causing trouble! :p
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best sort the issue out rather than try to avoid it by moving kick-off times etc.

If Millwall fans saw the bigger picture and sorted these cretins out themselves rather than hide behind fantasies about it being somehow caused by other clubs' fans then we may get somewhere.

Idiots are using terms like grass for Millwall fans who dare to clean up the reputation of their club by shopping these morons.

Millwall as a club are doing a lot too but are seemingly fighting a losing battle. They, nor the majority of fans, don't deserve the club to suffer but that may be the only answer if this carries on.