Options

That episode just showed up what a mediocre Dr Smith is

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    I don't owe any reasoning or explanation to you or anyone. I just wanted to get that off my chest and I have.

Job done goodbye.

Bye then.

Enjoy creosoting your fence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    There's seems to have been an influx of trolls on here since last night...

I wouldn;t worry too much you only have to look at their posting history to get some idea of why they prefer Tennant to Smith... ... ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Smith's final scenes (in the special) were played to perfection.

Baker: 'Congratulations'
    Smith: 'Well, thank you very much.'

The way Smith delivered that line was wonderful.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i prefer matt smith to david tennant.
  • Options
    KezMKezM Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge Ten fan (he'll always be my favourite) and I thought DT turned in an amazing performance. It was like Ten hadn't been away IMO and he captured him perfectly. I haven't been the biggest fan of the Moffat era and the reliance on Timey Wimey would have normally have grated on me so I think it speaks volumes for DT's performance that although it was all Timey Wimey once again it didn't bother me at all last night. I did think MS did a good job as well. They bounced off each other brilliantly.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose tinted glasses

bubble

cocoon

Eloquently put.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    I wouldn;t worry too much you only have to look at their posting history to get some idea of why they prefer Tennant to Smith... ... ...

You do have to wonder why someone who "cannot bear Doctor Who" feels the need to comment in a Dr Who sub-forum.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand David Tennant so anyone is an improvement for me but I really have enjoyed Matt Smith's portrayal especially since the introduction of Clara as I never liked Amy.
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    You do have to wonder why someone who "cannot bear Doctor Who" feels the need to comment in a Dr Who sub-forum.

This.

He's even had abuse for it. I would have thought staying away would have been a given?!?
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Each actor plays The Doctor in their own, incomparable way. And I'm not just referring to Tennant and Smith. This is the beauty of the show, and should be celebrated.

Very true. Personally, I prefer DT as the Doctor, but I think Matt Smith has done a very good job and I'll miss him. I see no need to slate either of them, and they worked together brilliantly in last night's ep. Looking forward to seeing Capaldi though.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    When Tennant's return was first announced this was the type of thread I dreaded, but right now I couldn't care less, especially since instead of the several threads I imagined there's just this one. (Well I think there is, and I can't be bothered looking for more.)

I loved the special and thought BOTH actors worked brilliantly together, Smith might be my preferred Doctor but when watching I didn't a give a single second of thought to any competition between the two I was too busy enjoying every minute of it. It was a successful episode because everybody involved imo, not just one person.
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jethryk wrote: »
    This.

He's even had abuse for it. I would have thought staying away would have been a given?!?

That actually was someone else that wrote that post using my account.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sure.

And the last ebay bidder to win a large ticket item cost me a £30 fee because an alien made the bid..:rolleyes:

Heard it
    All
    Before
  • Options
    sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    Sure.

And the last ebay bidder to win a large ticket item cost me a £30 fee because an alien made the bid..:rolleyes:

Heard it
    All
    Before

Zygon ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure.

Heard it
    All
    Before

Do you honestly think I care if you believe me or not? I would not create a thread like this if I didn't like the show a friend of mine whom wrote that post as I said hates it I do not I just hate Matt Smith and cannot wait for him to regenerate into Peter whom I am sure will be a 100% improvement.
  • Options
    DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From the Terms and Conditions:
    2.4. You are responsible for all activities under your password or account, and you must keep your password confidential. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. You must not disrupt the functioning of the Site, solicit or use another user’s password or otherwise act in a way that interferes with other users’ use of the Site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Terms and Conditions:

Good god.

Now I know not to post in this particular forum again that's for sure.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did it?
    That's nice, dear.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't owe any reasoning or explanation to you or anyone. I just wanted to get that off my chest and I have.

Job done goodbye.

This is a discussion forum. Explanations of a point of view is the whole point.
  • Options
    wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt smith is the best doctor for a while. David tenant became stale and boring to housewivey for me. Matt smith is the best doctor of Nu Who.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good god.

Now I know not to post in this particular forum again that's for sure.

Bye.

Please don't create an ebay account. You folks have cost me hundreds of pounds over the last 10 years.

And don't let your kids buy magic sheep for £50 a time on an iPad either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a discussion forum. Explanations of a point of view is the whole point.

Ok I apologise Matt Smith is wonderful best portrayal of the doctor in its fifty year history he will never be topped.

There you go will I now fit in with the clique?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn.....

Who is the op trying to convince? Themselves?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bye.

Please don't create an ebay account. You folks have cost me hundreds of pounds over the last 10 years.

That was really uncalled for as I would never do anything like that and I would say I was offended but I am not as it just shows who you are as a person.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Tennant has so much more charisma than he does its no wonder he was voted best Doctor of all time by more than 50% of the vote.

Personally I think Matt Smith is a fantastic actor amd fantastic as the doctor, Tom Baker will always be my favourite though:D