EE: Would the Beales work in the Vic?

Dr Dr WhoDr Dr Who Posts: 118
Forum Member
Personally, I'd love to see Ian and Jane as the landlords of the Vic. Cindy could move in too and would become a massive star on the show, and it would give the writers a chance to develop Bobby into a long term character as he grows older. What do you think?

Comments

• D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people just assume any family would want to run or could run a rubbish pub?

I know the pubs in my area certainly don't play musical chairs with all the owners who live opposite.
  • Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the Vic is really the best place for the Beales but a part of me wants to see Ian tell Phil to get out of my pub!:D
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    The Vic gives life and purpose to any character who works there. However, theres a few characters who don't work outside the vic ie Peggy
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Ozboz3 wrote: »
    I don't think the Vic is really the best place for the Beales but a part of me wants to see Ian tell Phil to get out of my pub!:D

I totally agree!

The Beales have the chippy, cafe and restaurant and the stall so they have enough businesses but yes, Ian telling Phil to 'get out of my pub' would be a laugh, he could make him clean the bogs and all!

:-D:-D:-D

Anyway, you and I both know who the best Vic landlord is don't we?
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't see the Beales in the pub. They are best placed where they currently are.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,938
    Forum Member
    I totally agree!

The Beales have the chippy, cafe and restaurant and the stall so they have enough businesses but yes, Ian telling Phil to 'get out of my pub' would be a laugh, he could make him clean the bogs and all!

Frank Butcher
  • kingcnutkingcnut Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, the Be ales don't belong in the vic other than customers
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, because Ian isn't well liked or respected (or feared). The viewers and the residents know he is a weaselly, cowardly, selfish man, and thats not who the landlord(or landlady) of the Vic is. They are usually the 'heart' of the community, organising charity events and street parties, without thought to profit. That doesn't sound like Ian. Nor is Ian someone who has any authority about him to bar people, break up fights and generally be charge.
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No and in all honesty I don't really get Ian's interest in ever having it either. I suppose he sees it as a power thing but surely he'd know it wouldn't make business sense for him.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ozboz3 wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Ian's business is catering not pulling pints, I like him with the businesses he has, the café the restaurant and the chippy

I will settle for one day hearing Ian say 'get out of my chippy' to Phil :D
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    No, because Ian isn't well liked or respected (or feared). The viewers and the residents know he is a weaselly, cowardly, selfish man, and thats not who the landlord(or landlady) of the Vic is. They are usually the 'heart' of the community, organising charity events and street parties, without thought to profit. That doesn't sound like Ian. Nor is Ian someone who has any authority about him to bar people, break up fights and generally be charge.

Agreed. It'd also mean more screen time for him- no thanks.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't think they would work
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I think they work fine where they are.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vic gives life and purpose to any character who works there. However, theres a few characters who don't work outside the vic ie Peggy
    Alife is the best example of this
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »

I really dislike Alfie on the market stall. He always worked well behind the bar with Kat.
  • Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree!

We do indeed;-)
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Frank Butcher

Frank was a great landlord but no, not him!

Not imo anyway!
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »

He certainly is!
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Alfie always worked well behind the bar with Kat.

Agreed!