Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously, but that's the challenge for all big clubs and one many have been meeting for years. I don't see how it's a particular problem. Any player thats very good will be very expensive and very hard to get. Seems a fairly redundant statement to make

No top club wants players that are "cheap and readily available".
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might sound a crazy idea, (and you can as it to the pile that I have said previously), but if we are looking to sign a striker, instead of paying waaaaayyyyyyyy over the odds on Kane, why not re-sign one player who had a spell with us on loan a few years ago, on a short-term (two years say) contract, namely Tevez?

He could tide us over for a short time, whilst still being very capable of scoring goals.

It might not be one of my better ideas, but I am just putting it out there.

From a common sense point-of-view, it's a good shout, but from an emotional & rational standpoint, absolutely no way on Earth.

The name Carlos Tevez should never be uttered on the Manchester United forum again.:p

I couldn't bear to see that man in a United shirt again & to be fair to him, I don't think he'd want to; just imagine the grief he'd get from the boys in blue (no, not them, the Wastelanders:D)!
  • Eddie hunterEddie hunter Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a common sense point-of-view, it's a good shout, but from an emotional & rational standpoint, absolutely no way on Earth.

The name Carlos Tevez should never be uttered on the Manchester United forum again.:p

I couldn't bear to see that man in a United shirt again & to be fair to him, I don't think he'd want to; just imagine the grief he'd get from the boys in blue (no, not them, the Wastelanders:D)!

I have friends who are Man Utd fans and the only reason they want to see Tevez back at Old Trafford is to throw things at him.

I think its amazing that a United fan would welcome him back.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RVP out and Tevez in would be a bit of a sideways step.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously, but that's the challenge for all big clubs and one many have been meeting for years. I don't see how it's a particular problem. Any player thats very good will be very expensive and very hard to get. Seems a fairly redundant statement to make

I was only merely adding an addendum to the posters point.
    No top club wants players that are "cheap and readily available".

I am glad that you said that, rather than myself (see Liverpool and Milner and Ings).

I have friends who are Man Utd fans and the only reason they want to see Tevez back at Old Trafford is to throw things at him.

He is not my favourite ex-player, (there are quite a few that are that are at Old Trafford today) put it that way, and it was only a short-term idea, but I can definitely understand the level of annoyance his behaviour caused the last time he was here.

I would prefer a fair few strikers ahead of him, I was only thinking from a cost effective point of view, but if we do have a fairly big pot of cash to go around this summer asgain, then we should definitely look elsewhere to fill that role.
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was only merely adding an addendum to the posters point.

Thanks for your help.

I didn't realise that exceptional players often cost large sums of money.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help.

I didn't realise that exceptional players often cost large sums of money.

http://t.fod4.com/t/177fcc0acc/c640x360_32.jpg

Oh and Tevez is a bloody terrible suggestion. I think Suarez is the only player I would want less.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like Tevez, absolutely no problem with him. Thought Fergie treated him poorly.

However, I wouldn't want him back because of his age. If he was 5 years younger then yes please.
  • Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telegraph say we're chasing Cillessen to replace De Gea. I'd rather we promoted Valdes and got someone on the cheap to be number 2. There's no need to be spending big on a replacement, which is why I don't want to pay Levy for Lloris
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    I like Tevez, absolutely no problem with him. Thought Fergie treated him poorly.

However, I wouldn't want him back because of his age. If he was 5 years younger then yes please.

How did Fergie treat him poorly?

We signed Berbatov and his role became less prominent. That's hardly abuse. It's football. A manager in that case 'treats poorly' all but 11 members of his squad every week. He had a poor second season with us and by the time it got to the summer when we needed to make a decision on whether to make it permanent or not the contribution the 12 months before didn't justify the price that was demanded. It's quite simple, he wasn't treated poorly at all.

Maybe the poor love should have gone to Argentina to play golf for a few months a bit earlier?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHZZSXtWcAEJf-E.jpg

Apparently our two away kits and the AON sponsored training kit. Not usually a big fan of the fuss over kits but they look quite smart to be honest. Nicest we've had in a while
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another day, another Louis Saha injury!

He scores to put us 1-0 up in the legends game at OT, then subsequently goes off injured!

Some things never change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good fun game I thought today.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member

How come you didn't go? I'd have thought you'd be all over it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    How come you didn't go? I'd have thought you'd be all over it.

I just didn't feel like it, there will be others in the future like this I am sure.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    What was the attendance today? I know I drew a bigger crowd, but just curious. I forgot this match was on to be honest, not that it mattered at this point in the year I'm more interested in what's going down the road at the other Old Trafford.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was actually.

Cole & Yorke still partying like it's 1999; they just love scoring goals.

Nice day out & good to see Paul Scholes lifting a trophy.

We've not had that for a while at OT.:blush::p:)
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    What was the attendance today? I know I drew a bigger crowd, but just curious. I forgot this match was on to be honest, not that it mattered at this point in the year I'm more interested in what's going down the road at the other Old Trafford.[/QUOTE

50,000 something
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    What was the attendance today? I know I drew a bigger crowd, but just curious. I forgot this match was on to be honest, not that it mattered at this point in the year I'm more interested in what's going down the road at the other Old Trafford.[/QUOTE

50,000 something

Wow, 50,000 at OT, an estimated 175,000 to 200,000 in Manchester for the Manchester Day Parade, and a couple, a dog and 15 seagulls watching the cricket. Transport and the police just loved today...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was actually.

I love the way he was so non-plussed about the trophy, and gave it away almost as soon as he got it!

Not sure about the pre-match music though, I must be getting old as I didn't know who anyone of them were. :blush::blush:

Stam is still better than Evans and Jones, we should sign him up! :D

I would love to see big Pete in one these style games, he hasn't done one before I think.
    It would have been good to have seen him in one goal and Kahn in the other!

We have recently played Real and Bayern legends, who could be next? Barca? (Stoichkov, Romario, and Rivaldo, yes please!!) AC Milan? (Baggio, Van Basten, and Maldini again yes please!!) Or PSG (Weah, Rai, and Becks-who could play a half for each side!)
    So there are plenty of options out there I think!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way he was so non-plussed about the trophy, and gave it away almost as soon as he got it!

Not sure about the pre-match music though, I must be getting old as I didn't know who anyone of them were. :blush::blush:

Stam is still better than Evans and Jones, we should sign him up! :D

I would love to see big Pete in one these style games, he hasn't done one before I think.
    It would have been good to have seen him in one goal and Kahn in the other!

We have recently played Real and Bayern legends, who could be next? Barca? (Stoichkov, Romario, and Rivaldo, yes please!!) AC Milan? (Baggio, Van Basten, and Maldini again yes please!!) Or PSG (Weah, Rai, and Becks-who could play a half for each side!)
    So there are plenty of options out there I think!

What about Juventus?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow, 50,000 at OT, an estimated 175,000 to 200,000 in Manchester for the Manchester Day Parade, and a couple, a dog and 15 seagulls watching the cricket. Transport and the police just loved today...

Good job Manchester isn't hosting the women's world cup or there'd have been an additional fifty-six people to deal with this afternoon.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was actually.

I've just got back from an epic day out too, took the game in as a part of it.

Scholes still has the technical ability - the vision for some of the passes was as good as ever and we still miss that I think.

Also - Porbosky looked like a man posessed. He shifted around like a 20 year old! That final goal between him and Bolomqvist was beautiful!
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume there's some artistic license being used when describing some of the names that I saw were involved in this thing as 'legends'?
This discussion has been closed.