Dragon's Den

Comments

• clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I think thee hand bag ladies went on the show for publicity.

Indeed, they didn't give the impression of being short of cash or particularly in need of investment. Nor where they disappointed not to get any.
  • Anna_WAnna_W Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise_ wrote: »
    I liked the padded clothing - it's really no different than women wearing padded bras and shape enhancing underwear!

Exactly !
  • Anna_WAnna_W Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Anyway, wouldn't rich people just buy the next must have handbag anyway rather than have it cleaned?

Not necessarily , if they like handbag and paid £2k for it, it's not a problem to pay £100 to clean it. They already has sold franchise for £80k, so visibly there's market for it.
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've given him a chance, but after 2 weeks I can unequivocally state that I don't like T S!

The trailer for next week seems to show D M getting a bit arsey with him. Good!
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to "invest" is some bedroom time with Sarah.
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nomad2king wrote: »
    The box is rather deep to be put into a wall. Cables will have connect into it other than to/from the TV. You have mains, freeview aerial, HDMI in from Cable/Satellite/YouView etc, BluRay player in, Audio out to sound system. Was there to be a 2nd box somewhere so that those thing could be fed in/out and various cable connections made to the 1st box? They could have least had a display set up of a typical installation.

I didn't understand the point of the product at all. And the Dragons didn't seem to be asking the right questions.

Even after buying the box, the most difficult part of the job is making a bloody great hole in the wall, chasing channels to run mains cables through, and making good afterwards. Rewiring half the house in other words! And with the size of it, that means cutting into brick or breezeblock.

Then, there will still cables behind the TV, unless all outlets are in the same spot right over the socket, and connected somehow in a 2" length. I can't see how this allows the TV to be mounted nearer the wall compared with running cables elsewhere to a normal socket. At best, it might hide the mains cable, but how about all other cables?
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been changing my mind about the two new guys on the show hate them then love them hate them love them, I guess it's a good thing they have fitted in well.

Sarah gives off a vibe that she isn't no where as big as the other dragons does anyone else feel that?
    Forum Member

Sarah gives off a vibe that she isn't no where as big as the other dragons does anyone else feel that?

Yeah, bit of an inferiority complex.

She's got a bit of a sneery attitude as well.
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Anna_W wrote: »
    Not necessarily , if they like handbag and paid £2k for it, it's not a problem to pay £100 to clean it. They already has sold franchise for £80k, so visibly there's market for it.

If I was a woman, and I'd spent £2000 on a Prada handbag, I'd be sending it back to Prada for cleaning/repair, not to some third party franchise.
    Forum Member
    testcard wrote: »
    If I was a woman, and I'd spent £2000 on a Prada handbag, I'd be sending it back to Prada for cleaning/repair, not to some third party franchise.

Good point, I imagine you would get a warranty with a luxury item too. A warranty which would probably be invalid if you used a third party.
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, I´m not sure how many connections or how much knowledge she has outside of the food industry. I also read somewhere that it is her husband who drives the investments in the business they have where they invest together. I did like her when she was in The Restaurant though.
    Have any of the new dragons closed a deal yet?

I liked the Van Girl but I was surprised none of the dragons commented on the physical restrictions of the job. I¨m a female ;-) and I´ve moved a few times in the last five years and I´ve encountered some male removals men who were to put it mildy hard work! So I can see the appeal of giving girls a go ... but usually with a house removal you get three men maybe and I¨ve watched three men struggling with some of our heavier furniture and being totally exhausted after a day long full house move where sometimes you have to hoist things in through windows, up and down stairs etc ... so I can´t see how 3 girls ( however fit they are ) could manage the same .... fair dues to equality etc but physically it must be more difficult with some of the heavier items. Presumably you´d have to book 5 girls to do the job of 3 men which would cost the customer more?
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you be allowed to advertise the jobs as female applicants only ? I know you can in some occupations but can't see this as being a job you can claim men are unsuitable.

I know the insurance industry got in trouble for offering female only car insurance (Sheila's wheels) and were forced to offer to males as well.

Same as female only gyms, has that ever been challenged ?
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    testcard wrote: »

Excellent point!
  • Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the tweet below, female-only businesses are on the rise, so it must be legal:

Altrincham HQ ‏@altrinchamhq 17h17 hours ago
    There's been a huge rise in female only businesses - plumbers, taxi drivers and many more - @van_girls are of the Zeitgeist #dragonsden
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owen10 wrote: »
    Sarah is easy on the eye but as Dragon she is the weak link

She also has more hair than the entire population of Malta, does she think it is 1986?
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much your normal electrician/aerial bloke would charge for installing a sync box. Either a ker-ching, or "try someone else, mate", accompanied by a sharp intake of breath. (I understood that the Chuckle Brothers did their own installations - countrywide? I doubt it - so possibly at a discount to get the punters interested)
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the tweet below, female-only businesses are on the rise, so it must be legal:

Altrincham HQ ‏@altrinchamhq 17h17 hours ago
    There's been a huge rise in female only businesses - plumbers, taxi drivers and many more - @van_girls are of the Zeitgeist #dragonsden

Wonder if you could use that to get around the law ?

Don't want to employ women as they just sit at their desks filing their nails gossiping and then announce they're pregnant and going off for 12 months maternity leave 3months after you employ them ?

Just make your business male only !!!!!!!!
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Whys it called a spa if its just repairing, if my Tv breaks down, i don't take it to a spa :p

Its gona be laid on some couch, and someones gona waft it with leaves, and rub cream into it :D

That's because no-one has been enterprising enough, to invent a tv spa!
    It would cost more, to take a handag to the spa, than the cost of the item. Unless you are a massive Chanel or LV customer. I cannot justify spending more than approx. £100 on a bag. I am something of germophobe and, consequently, any items I own, never get dirty. If they did, I am quite capable of cleaning them myself.
  • TomAceTomAce Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Yes they do!

And you still need half your wall demolished and an electrician to install such a socket and so it's all a little silly thing for not much reason.
    Was anyone else annoyed that the camera didn't show us the working model that they had for the wall socket wire tidy thingy?

Not once (that I saw) did they zoom in on of fully show the model in the corner, so I was sort of clueless at what they were pitching and what it would look like when finished.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been changing my mind about the two new guys on the show hate them then love them hate them love them, I guess it's a good thing they have fitted in well.

She reminds me of Kelly Hoppen and Piers Linney neither seemed to want to invest.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf! hahahahahahaha :D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's OCD gone crazy.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poodini :p
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of the very, very famous Howard Hughes.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, instead of getting poo on your hands, you get it in your wallet and on your hands?