migrants

Comments

• GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Ha ha, it's not a nonsense, I'm merely taking the preposterous notion that posters must be willing to put migrants up in their own home and running with it.

Artistic licence is so underrated these days. :D

Lovely stuff.

Yeah, but that isn't what I said.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That rules the Calais migrants out then.

You wouldn't know what it's like to have loved ones, so I'm not sure your the best person to comment ;)
  • Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but that isn't what I said.

Yeah but I've already covered that.
    Forum Member
    There are 635,000 empty homes in the UK, however as I said earlier, let's kick some of the wasters and chavs out, and let some good people in.

Where would the people we kick out go?
  • jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are 635,000 empty homes in the UK, however as I said earlier, let's kick some of the wasters and chavs out, and let some good people in.

Errm no if there are that many empty homes they should go to homeless British people, not third world freeloaders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That rules the Calais migrants out then.

Exactly. Watching them on the news, they look like a bunch of aggresive savages to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errm no if there are that many empty homes they should go to homeless British people, not third world freeloaders.

10 empty homes for every homeless person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where would the people we kick out go?

Maybe Syria, Sudan or Eritrea.

Or maybe you could even put a few up in your own house?
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Who you and many others it appears, wrongly assume have left wives and children behind.

I'd have to disagree with you on that one. The Beeb have interviewed loads of them over the last month. A lot of them willingly admit that they want to get to the UK for the free money and free houses. Quite a few also said that once they are in and granted asylum, then their wives and children can come over here to live as well.
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Many, probably most, have left families behind in refugee camps/home countries. This doesn't mean they have abandoned them - it makes sense. If you have limited funds to pay traffickers and it requires strength and endurance to reach your goal, you are not going to bring small children or elderly parents with you. The plan many have is to get work and send money home, then return at some point - or get work, send money home and try to get their families to join them. It is a perfectly sensible approach to the problem they are trying to solve... I would be surprised if the majority were not young men. If my family were in a camp then I would send my nephews - they are young and strong and they are much more likely to survive the journey than an arthritic 60 year old.

The practice of sending money home is a wonderful thing. I know several people who do that and I will be nominating them for Sainthood.
    Just in case that was not clear enough: 1 migrant making huge personal sacrifices = 100 Celebrities.
    Money sent to a poor country trains Doctors and Nurses to replace the sender. With Interest.
    Money sent to a very poor country feeds families.
    The small impact on the UK economy means that Morons have to "slum it" without iPhone 7.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So we are to pay to house them, feed them, clothe them are we? Also when they send for the rest of the family we put them up for free too yes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree with you on that one. The Beeb have interviewed loads of them over the last month. A lot of them willingly admit that they want to get to the UK for the free money and free houses. Quite a few also said that once they are in and granted asylum, then their wives and children can come over here to live as well.

Maybe Anne only watches ITV ;-)
    Forum Member
    Maybe Syria, Sudan or Eritrea.

Or maybe you could even put a few up in your own house?

Why would I want to do that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we are to pay to house them, feed them, clothe them are we? Also when they send for the rest of the family we put them up for free too yes?

No, I said let those who wish to work and that have skills in, not everyone. I am happy to let a number of genuine asylum seekers in though.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't an argument but a fact. Where else are they going to live, on the streets?

If these people qualify as asylum seekers, they get placed in sub-standard council accommodation (unfit for social housing tenants) or the kind of b&bs that you may remember being called dosshouses. They can also be moved every six weeks. Unless a charity steps in they can remain housed in this way until their case is heard, which can take years.

They can't work or claim benefits and there aren't that many of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would I want to do that?

Why would anyone who has sympathy for these migrants want to let them stay in their own house? Can you see it's a stupid question now?
  • liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I said let those who wish to work and that have skills in, not everyone. I am happy to let a number of genuine asylum seekers in though.

Proving they are genuine is the problem....how can you tell they have truly suffered?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

In my experience most people are not homeless because there are not houses to live in, but because they can not function properly living a normal lifestyle.

Whether that be because of alcohol, mental health or in ability to handle money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liftmaster wrote: »
    Proving they are genuine is the problem....how can you tell they have truly suffered?

You'd have to take it on a case by case basis, but I'm sure there are ways. I'd leave it to the experts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience most people are not homeless because there are not houses to live in, but because they can not function properly living a normal lifestyle.

Whether that be because of alcohol, mental health or in ability to handle money.

And what's to say that given the right opportunities, a migrant couldn't function properly living a normal lifestyle?
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone who has sympathy for these migrants want to let them stay in their own house? Can you see it's a stupid question now?

Because they would have to live somewhere and volunteers may be needed.
  • liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because they would have to live somewhere and volunteers may be needed.

Same with our homeless population, do you volunteer to help them out by letting them live with you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liftmaster wrote: »
    Deleted

Shame, the parasite comment really showed you up.
  • ChalkukChalkuk Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    You mean you don't know? :o

Can't you read, there are stats (from many sources) if you google it...I can't be arsed to do it for you
This discussion has been closed.