Options

The Bradley Branning Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I guess, maybe his insurance was quite high lol!

Still he was quite popular with the viewers, it would have been nice to see more of him.

Comments

• Options
    Joy2286Joy2286 Posts: 28,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm yeah possibly but yeah it would have been nice- always enjoyed seeing him on screen with Bradders

Oooh we've been split again :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,627
    Forum Member
    Ooh, wondered what had happened there for a minute - looks like I've passed my 'crown' over to Humbug this time:D
    Any chance you could post the link to them please?

Will try WF - http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=93859&version=uk and http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=preview&cycle=true&toimage=31

Think you will probably need to refresh screen as it comes up 'unable to show' but when I refresh it comes up with the pics - good luck!

Nice to see our boy again tonight - certainly looking good - thought of you Joy when we got a flash of that smile:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi hun!

Hehehe it was rather gorgeous I must say- hopefully we'll see more of him tomorrow night :D

Hope you're ok
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Joy - fine thanks, tired after a days work of coping with rather demanding guests but no doubt by the end of the week I'll be back in the swing of it and totally forgotten about my holiday:(.

Like you, I do wish Bradley wouldn't tuck his shirt in his jeans but then again those shirts don't look much better when he wears them outside either:rolleyes: Suppose we just have to accept it's what makes Bradley bradley. Would have thought we might have had him mention Jim at some point tonight, these writers really do tend to forget his connection with the rest of the family:( Would love to see scenes of him with Noah and Tiffany together and when was the last time we saw him with his sisters? tbh I think the last time we saw him with Oscar was probably way back last year when he was changing his nappy for Stacey:mad: Sorry, went off on one there:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bless ye- know the feeling well!

No I know what you mean- he wouldn't be Bradley without his slightly dodgy dress sense I don't think.

Totally agree with you- I really don't know what the writers are doing atm but it really is getting v annoying how much they forget that his surname is Branning. Oh he'd be adorable with Noah and Tiffany. Can't wait for his stuff with Noah later this week! Think the last time we had any proper stuff with him and Oscar and the girls was way back in the Max whodunnit days. Will never forget that scene where Suzy landed Oscar on him in the caff after he'd thrown up on her and Oscar just nuzzled into him and then the following scene in the RnR office when he was trying to palm him off on Jack and then gave him a cute little kiss on his head!

Aaaw those scenes were cute I must say- have to say I think that was the writers way of giving us Baby Bracey without having to give us Baby Bracey if you know what I mean! Don't think I'll ever forgive them for that lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who can tell maybe one day you'll get your dream storyline! Read on another site where someone likened them to Ken/Deirdre from Corrie - always destined to be together and no matter what happens and no matter how many years it takes they always return to each other - so you never know.

Have to say, babies certainly seem to take a liking to Charlie - always remember the baby Dot had, name escapes me for the minute, he really couldn't take his eyes off him! Little oscar is another one, he always smiles at him and Charlie is so good with them - he going to make a great dad when the time comes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eekk!! Just rescuing from page three:(

Did enjoy tonights eppy with Jean and Gumbo - he certainly has a liking for scotch eggs - not sure thats on his diet sheet:D Bradley showing a little of the Branning sneakiness - would like to see more of that side to him, I do like him as he is but a more devious Bradley could add an extra dimension to the character. We keep getting hints that his Branning streak will out but so far we have seen litle of it.

Poser - where was Jim when everyone was running about in the house? you'd expect to have Bradley at least ask people to keep the noise down as he was sleeping or better still a scene between the two of them. I know John probably only wants limited scenes but just Bradley shouting to him or making a reference would have sufficed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I'm not holding my breath but we shall see!

Oh I know he's going to be a brilliant Dad! He's so good with all the kids he's worked with and like you say they all seem dead fond of him- he's a real natural lol.

Evening all

Just catching up with EE- loving our boy hehe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening Joy - am so going to miss Gumbo:cry:

Those big soppy eyes - so like Bradley when he's trying to get his own way, they say dogs are like their owners:D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi hun!

Lol sorry I must have taken so long to reply you got in there first hehe

Did enjoy him tonight I must say. Really will miss Gumbo- he's so cute. Have to agree I do think we should see more of that slightly devious streak.

Know what you mean about Jim too- for continuity purposes I don't think a brief reference would have caused too much harm!

Am so looking forward to seeing him with Noah later in the week I must say!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know I've said it before but I really do wonder about these writers, continuity really does seem to have fallen by the wayside. Suppose I tend to notice it more with Bradley but it happens with quite a few, quite often its just little things like whats happened to Mo's parrot, who's looking after Oscar when Max/Tanya are out or even the girls and where the devil is Ben and how on earth do all these people fit into some of the houses, the Vic and Pats especially:D:confused:

I'm assuming when Bradley disappeared he was going to get Noah tonight, like you say can't wait to seem them together later this week. Saw the pic of him and Noah with the scalectrix on DS, his facial expression reminded me of my brother when he's playing it with his boys - total concentration, they take it so seriously and usually sulk if they don't win:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with you hun! Half the time they are only minor details but they just make all the difference and add so much more. Really do think we could do a far better job ourselves sometimes lol

Lol yeah that picture of them on the Scalectrix looks fun- looks like Bradders is enjoying himself just as much as Noah! Bet Charlie and Micah had a great time filming that scene lol! Nothing like cars to get boys all excited is there? :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonder how many takes they managed to hang it out for - bet they, and most other men on set, were playing with it most of the day.:D Always remember when I bought one for my nephews one christmas, after about 15 mins they appeared and asked if we could get grandad and daddy to let them have a go. Something about them that brings out the little boy in men, dont think it matters how old they are, if you bought them a scaletrix for a pressie you'd be onto a winner:D
  • Options
    EdwardPEdwardP Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt really sorry for him tonight when Jean came dragging Gumbo out of the house and right into his owners sight. Bradley was so upset. You could see it on his face and even Jean noticed because she came out with "I've done somethin' wrong, haven't i?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening all.

Bless Jean, she does her best but at times she needs to be told in very simple terms what is needed of her. I can't help feeling that Don should be offering Bradley a substantial amount to compensate for all the food he's paid out for all these months not rifling through the cupboards and snatching what food is in there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Bradley should have even trusted Gumbo with poor Jean tho :D He should have known that something would happen:D

Gumbo belongs with Bradley now anyway. It's him that been caring for and feeding him for the past few months. Don is an unfit dog owner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening Edward, nice to have you back again. Totally agree, poor Jean can barely look after herself but I suppose he was desperate and they do live next door so it was the easiest option but somehow you just knew things would go wrong:D. After just dumping Gumbo on Bradley Don certainly has a cheek to just barge in and expect to take him back. It would have been different if he had at least kept in touch but I don't think he has ever bothered to ask about his welfare, let alone contribute to his upkeep. If it hadn't been for Bradley Gumbo would probably have ended up in Battersea Dogs Home or worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening,

I agree. Not a word for months upon months and then he just gets in touch out of the blue and demands Gumbo back. He musn't have really cared for the dog in the first place if he just threw him onto a total stranger the way he did!

I know sure. Poor Jean. It was bound to be comical with the pair of them together. I, for one, was nearly on the floor with laughter last night when Jean was looking after him. And then, towards the end when she was dragging him out of the house it looked like he was dragging her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol, I always think when we see Bradley/Gumbo together it always looks as if Gumbo is taking Bradley for a walk. Funnily enough Charlie has said in a previous interview that Shamus very much does his own thing as trying to control a 200lb dog is not the easiest thing in the world, although he did add that he is a pretty laid back dog and causes the minimum of problems. Probably just as well for all concerned, would imagine trying to control a dog that size you need a pretty full pocket of dog treats:D

Do have to agree, you wouldn't normally just thrust your treasured pet onto a total stranger no matter how respectable they may look. Certainly not the actions of a caring dog owner thats for sure and as far as I'm concerned he certainly doesn't deserve to have him back.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny! Bradley had a hard time controlling him too. I remember when Gumbo used to drag him across the square when he took him for his walks:D

And Jean.....Offering him pineapple chunks and then a scotch egg...Classic:D

No one should be allowed to have a dog if they just throw him onto a stranger like that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Laughed so much when she offered him those pineapple chunks:D My dog likes ice-cream but I think he'd turn his nose up at pineapple chunks although he does like apples and pears! Did laugh at the way he gulped down that scotch egg though:D Not really sure that would have been on his diet sheet but then I suppose its only really egg and sausagemeat and again my likes both.

Going to be really sorry not to see Gumbo in the future, he's such a gorgeous dog.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly fell off the bed with laughter when Jean gave him the scotch egg and then screamed in fright when he ripped it out of her hands:D

I'll miss him too. I love dogs. My fella loves Ice cream too. He's wicked in the summer because when we have it he's sitting there winging and barking for us to share with him:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Know the feeling well - I always put a dish of it down for him just to keep him quiet. If I'm eating an ice-lolly he just sits there watching and drooling - its so funny and he always manages to get a bit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same with my fella!

He sits there and begs and refuses to give up until he gets half an iced lolly:D

Then he just goes away and ignores me when it's gone:D

When Jean was looking at Gumbo over the magazine all paranoid because she thought he was looking at her was just comical:D

And then when she sulked and screamed at him to give her peace. Poor Gumbo, to be left with Jean:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know, the poor dog looked totally baffled as to what he'd done. He's just so gorgeous though - just like his owner cute and cuddly, Bradley that is not Don:D
This discussion has been closed.