So, what do you make of BK?

::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
Forum Member
So since BK's time on EastEnders, he's lost 3 of the biggest stars in EE, come under huge critisim for basically everything - what do you make of his time so far?

Comments

• wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Epic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    It seems he is trying to shock the audience too much.

And he hasnt spoke out about this baby swap storyline yet, which he really should do.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,949
    Forum Member
    lacey and babs already quit before he took over
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know enough about him to have a view. I do know his cot death/baby swap story is horrible and something I don't believe an experianced Producer would go near.

His misrepresentation of FSIDS' involvement in the story was extremely crass and very poor, also.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has also completely ruined the Beales. Both Melissa and Thomas should return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Don't think it's his fault the 3 stars have left. All had been at the soap for considerable amounts of time. I think he's good, there have been controversial storyline's (cough) yes but I think the dramatic outcome will be incredible. I think he will be good overall, just needs to stand his ground and wait for the heat to die down, which it inevitably will. I think when soaps scrap storyline's due to public pressure that damages it more than any number of complaints will - like when Hollyoaks scrapped at the last minute their child killer storyline it messed up their storylining and left a massive hole - which would only provide more ammunition for people who look for things to pick at.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I didn't mean the 3 left because of him, i just meant, since his names have been on there, he's lost/losing 3 big female stars
  • Claude le MoneyClaude le Money Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I think less of him than when he first started, judging from the item on the news with John Yorke i now believe Kirkwood will go, i also think his recent additions to the production staff will go with him, Kris Green formerly of DS is dead man walking but to where? certainly not back here, his tenure has been a disaster,Sam Womack walking being the final nail in Kirkwoods coffin.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacey and Peggy quit before he took over.

Overall, I have not been impressed with him in the slightest. He's ruined too many story lines and characters. I can't help but feel that Eastenders is too big a show for him.

His best storyline so far is the baby swap.
  • EastiesRules!EastiesRules! Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I think he has had the worst first year of any EastEnders EP EVER!

Really when you look back its been awful give or take like three or four episodes.

Now we have this massive scandal he has dragged the show into which overall will damage the soap's image. Sooner he is replaced the better.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    I think he has had the worst first year of any EastEnders EP EVER!

Really when you look back its been awful give or take like three or four episodes.

Now we have this massive scandal he has dragged the show into which overall will damage the soap's image. Sooner he is replaced the better.

The scandal is blatantly deliberate. The BBC will benefit more from it than they will suffer.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,949
    Forum Member
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    I didn't mean the 3 left because of him, i just meant, since his names have been on there, he's lost/losing 3 big female stars

yeah but its still not his fault lacey/babs left. just cos they left when he took over doesnt mean they chose to quit at that time aswell
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,265
    Forum Member
    He is hot, and it's a shame he is gay. :(
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do hope he goes soon. He surely wont survive all this controversy. Characters are all over the place at the moment.
    Forum Member
    The scandal is blatantly deliberate. The BBC will benefit more from it than they will suffer.

You wanna bet? the last time this happened about six people lost their jobs at radio 2.... remember that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    S'alright. Baby swap screams Holloaks though.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't make anything of him
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Disagree.

There will of course be a temporary benefit in the ratings as people tune in to watch this car crash unfold, but car crash TV is never good long term.

Eastenders reputation and that of the BBC has already been damaged when they started misrepresenting SIDS charties.

The BBC and Eastenders DO like a certain level of controversy, but they will be extremely uncomfotable at this current level of controversy and scrutiny - Bryan Kirkwood doing a disappearing act on the news channels tonight tells you that the BBC are uncomfortable, on the defensive and feeling the heat.
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    He is hot, and it's a shame he is gay. :(

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And the coward is leaving John Yorke to fend of the criticism, poor pathetic lame excuse for a BBC employee.
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's what I did when I found out he was gay :(
    Forum Member
    That's what I did when I found out he was gay :(

Well he is going to be unemployed and booted from Elstree before long, so you can give the pathetic coward a room for the night. :D
    Forum Member
    Well he is going to be unemployed and booted from Elstree before long, so you can give the pathetic coward a room for the night. :D

He is? says who?
    Forum Member
    He is? says who?

To be honest do you really think he is going to get out of this? just using that Radio 2 thing as an example as I said. About six people lost their jobs because of that.

The upsetting thing is that John Yorke might be forced out as well. Someone will take the fall.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Not had the best first year, clearly.
    Forum Member
    He is? says who?

Kirkwood is leaving thats a certainty, why should John Yorke be sacrificed over this controversy?, the buck stops at Kirkwood's door, he has made one mistake after another i.e hiring Kris Green who has no talent other than writing for digital spy for one thing, his only redeeming act was the billie storyline.

Diana Kyle was removed from Holby CIty partly due to viewer criticisms and she was unlike Kirkwood a talented showrunner.