Options

How low do you think the ratings will be tonight?

TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
Forum Member
Given that it starts ten minutes after Doctor Who.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Within the mid 7 million area I'd say.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    XFactor is way past its best. Some people are predicting it could rate as low as 7million viewers, which is only half the audience it was getting 3 years ago!
  • Options
    Paul_Howard1Paul_Howard1 Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going for 6.8 million without +1
  • Options
    BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh.

WHY are you so fussed? Do you rely on ratings to watch a show?

That's pretty sad if you do.
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we're really over-estimating the power of Doctor Who.

It's on BBC1 like Strictly usually is, that didn't stop people from watching X-Factor.

Those who are interested in X-Factor will continue to watch X-Factor.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    XFactor is way past its best. Some people are predicting it could rate as low as 7million viewers, which is only half the audience it was getting 3 years ago!

Coming from someone who watches Strictly. Strictly is absolutely awful and only rates well because nearly all of its audience are 30+ and are not out on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Coming from someone who watches Strictly. It is absolutely awful and only rates well because nearly all of its audience are 30+ and are not out on a Saturday night.

I'm confused. Are you talking about Strictly or X Factor here? Because it sounds equally applicable to both.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Gosh.

WHY are you so fussed? Do you rely on ratings to watch a show?

That's pretty sad if you do.

What gave you an indication that I'm "so fussed" about ratings? I generally don't care about the ratings, but I'll be interested in seeing them tomorrow morning because it's going head to head with Doctor Who on it's 50th anniversary special.

Is that a good enough reason for you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are you talking about Strictly or X Factor here? Because it sounds equally applicable to both.

Strictly. X factor's main audience is teenagers/ people in their 20s or it was up until this series.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Strictly. X factor's main audience is teenagers/ people in their 20s or it was up until this series.

Really? But it's terrible.:eek:
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not sure it is anymore, working in a place full of teenagers barely any of them seem to watch it these days
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure it is anymore, working in a place full of teenagers barely any of them seem to watch it these days

I'm 16 and most people my age watch it or catch up on it the next day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Personally i think XF will hold up better than expected and get around 8million viewers and beat Doctor Who.

Itv have been trailing this week's XF as a 10th Anniversary special, involving many ex stars from the show's history including Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs. This is quite a big episode for them and XF has been rating quite consistently last few weeks so perhaps you should be more optimistic and expect 8m for XF and a win over DW.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Given that it starts ten minutes after Doctor Who.

Plenty of hooks for people to watch Doctor Who

50th anniversary, David Tennant's return, Matt Smith's penultimate episode.....

X Factor haven't exactly gone out of their way to promote their landmark and there's barely anything to entice people to watch

I would say 5.5 to 6 million for X Factor
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i think XF will hold up better than expected and get around 8million viewers and beat Doctor Who.

Itv have been trailing this week's XF as a 10th Anniversary special, involving many ex stars from the show's history including Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs. This is quite a big episode for them and XF has been rating quite consistently last few weeks so perhaps you should be more optimistic and expect 8m for XF and a win over DW.

LOL, not a cat in hells chance :D
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As an outright one on one, DW will definitely come out victorious but I don't think XF figures will be much different than normal which I gather is 8, maybe 9 million when all is considered.

They are able to take into account figures of those watching on +1 and somehow, I think they are able to gather figures from those who have digitally recorded the show !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    LOL, not a cat in hells chance :D
    As an XFactor fan, I think you should be more optimistic and confident about XF's chances. Itv believe XF can beat DW so I think you should have this kind of hope too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Who cares what the ratings will be like. Obviously the outcome will not affect the future of the show as im sure they would have predicted DW would dominate no matter what and the ratings will return to their series average by next week
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an XFactor fan, I think you should be more optimistic and confident about XF's chances. Itv believe XF can beat DW so I think you should have this kind of hope too.

I enjoy both programs but will be recording the XFactor so that I can skip the ads. I do honestly believe Dr Who will have huge ratings tonight though simply with it being the 50th anniversary.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strictly - 11.9 Million
    Dr Who - 13.7 Million
    X Factor - 6.8 Million
    I'm a Celeb - 8.4 Million
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping doctor who beats it by a large margin, but I actually think it will be closer than a lot of people think.

The reason I hope there is a huge dip in x factors ratings, is to send out a message that Drama can still win over tired reality formats, and maybe ITV will stop force feeding us some of the ridiculous crap they have been. Splash anyone??
    And now they are commissioning yet ANOTHER reality singing contest, even after that abysmal dance show they made this year.
    Its just got beyond a joke now.

What's wrong with just x factor and BGT ?
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    I'm hoping doctor who beats it by a large margin, but I actually think it will be closer than a lot of people think.

The reason I hope there is a huge dip in x factors ratings, is to send out a message that Drama can still win over tired reality formats, and maybe ITV will stop force feeding us some of the ridiculous crap they have been. Splash anyone??
    And now they are commissioning yet ANOTHER reality singing contest, even after that abysmal dance show they made this year.
    Its just got beyond a joke now.

What's wrong with just x factor and BGT ?

X Factor is getting stale so maybe we should get a new singing contest on itv? Or just watch the voice?

BGT should stay all that needs is Amanda away from the panel

And itv IMO are the best for UK drama when they want to ie Soaps, Broadchurch, Mr Selfridge, Downton, Whitechapel, The Guilty just to name a few, and that other show which was 3 episodes set over 3 different decades about a farm and a death of a sister burning
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't help but feel the audience for Doctor Who is completely different from The X Factor audience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    I think we're really over-estimating the power of Doctor Who.

It's on BBC1 like Strictly usually is, that didn't stop people from watching X-Factor.

Those who are interested in X-Factor will continue to watch X-Factor.

I think you are underestimating the power of Dr Who. I know a lot of people who are going to watch it - the show has a serious amount of long-term fans and it is a 50th Anniversary.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Will probably be knocked back to high 6's, low 7's. Doctor Who will comfortably win with 8-9m I'd say.