Options

Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see the supposed leaked list of Season 8 queens on Tumblr?

I did hear that Derrick Barry and Rhea Litre are going to be on s8,Idk how reliable that is though.
  • Options
    ArtieArtie Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see the supposed leaked list of Season 8 queens on Tumblr?

Interesting list. If true, there are a couple in particular I am looking forward to seeing.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Ok So i have now watched all 7 seasons on Drag Race and it has taken me 3 months to do so lol :D S7 I just finished. I also watched all Stars... I will get to that later :/

WOW What a show I saw this on Netflix and kept putting it off, but i had broken up with my ex and needed something to binge and so i gave Drag Race a go... and I was addicted!

I say this alot about reality shows but this for me is the best competition reality show I have watched. I can write a book on here from season to season but my standout Queens are:

Nina Flowers 'she knew how to Vogue'

Raven Standout from season 2 for me and male Raven is smoking Hot :p

JuJuBee another great contestant imo

Sharon Needles 'Loved her as soon as she walked through that door and i loved her style and she always killed it on the runway'

Alaska 'HIIIIIII'

Alyssa and Bianca.

I watched All Stars and I was disappointed with the outcome, I thought Raven was robbed and out did Chad by far and she won that final lip sync hands down. With it being only 6 episodes to it felt rushed and them being paired up and eliminated in pairs i thought was really unfair. So i hope if there is another All Stars they changed things.

Season 7.. was a good season but i thought it lacked what previous seasons have had but maybe thats because i have watched this show back to back. I really hope the UK gets its own version as i would love to see how UK Queens could compete with the US ones. Any news on whether Ru Paul will do it?

Also I have avoided all Spoliers/gossip so does anyone have any good sites where i can read secrets about the show like what goes on behind the scenes because obviously this a reality show so I'm guessing alot of producers try to make the outcome there way lol.

One Final thing i will say is though.. Does anyone else miss how the reunions use to be done? I feel like they are way less bitchy now then they use to be i know the show has become massive but i do miss how the reunion use to be now its just a grand finale more then an actual reunion.
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realised the most iconic moment of Season 7 is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2R5O_V_3No

Welcome.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With season 8 supposedly starting to film around now I am praying that Bob The Drag Queen gets on. Also would like to see Laila McQueen and Evah Destruction. I also love BibleGirl666 but she's still active on social media so I don't think she's on.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Wait they are filming S8 now? I thought they filmed each season a few weeks before its on TV? but do they do it a year ahead?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Wait they are filming S8 now? I thought they filmed each season a few weeks before its on TV? but do they do it a year ahead?

Yeah, they film it around July time. Knowing that it's usually easy to guess who's on the show and not updating their social media. It's also highly rumoured that they are filming All Stars 2 in September to, hopefully, air before season 8.
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rupaul just announced All Stars 2 :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    My All Stars line up would be:

Alaska
    Adore
    Alyssa
    Max
    Katya
    Laganja
    Tatianna
    Ongina
    Willam (but she wouldnt do it)
    Jiggly
    Shangela
    April
    Morgan (didnt like her on the show all those years ago but she came across really well on the most recent podcast)
    Ivy

Would anyone add or remove any from my list and why? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Ok So i have now watched all 7 seasons on Drag Race and it has taken me 3 months to do so lol :D S7 I just finished. I also watched all Stars... I will get to that later :/

WOW What a show I saw this on Netflix and kept putting it off, but i had broken up with my ex and needed something to binge and so i gave Drag Race a go... and I was addicted!

I say this alot about reality shows but this for me is the best competition reality show I have watched. I can write a book on here from season to season but my standout Queens are:

Nina Flowers 'she knew how to Vogue'

Raven Standout from season 2 for me and male Raven is smoking Hot :p

JuJuBee another great contestant imo

Sharon Needles 'Loved her as soon as she walked through that door and i loved her style and she always killed it on the runway'

Alaska 'HIIIIIII'

Alyssa and Bianca.

I watched All Stars and I was disappointed with the outcome, I thought Raven was robbed and out did Chad by far and she won that final lip sync hands down. With it being only 6 episodes to it felt rushed and them being paired up and eliminated in pairs i thought was really unfair. So i hope if there is another All Stars they changed things.

Season 7.. was a good season but i thought it lacked what previous seasons have had but maybe thats because i have watched this show back to back. I really hope the UK gets its own version as i would love to see how UK Queens could compete with the US ones. Any news on whether Ru Paul will do it?

Also I have avoided all Spoliers/gossip so does anyone have any good sites where i can read secrets about the show like what goes on behind the scenes because obviously this a reality show so I'm guessing alot of producers try to make the outcome there way lol.

One Final thing i will say is though.. Does anyone else miss how the reunions use to be done? I feel like they are way less bitchy now then they use to be i know the show has become massive but i do miss how the reunion use to be now its just a grand finale more then an actual reunion.

The subreddit is VERY active and all the latest T is spilled there first. A few queens and members of production are on there too and sometimes you can interact with them! Reddit is great most of the time but BE AWARE it can get really nasty and crazy - people are VERY passionate about their favourites and can be pretty negative about their least favourites. But if you can stomach that it's a great place to talk about the show and find out the lastest gossip!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently they are gonna be revealing the AS2 queens tonight in America!
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    My line-up:

Miss Fame
    Katya (i feel like she'd win)
    Max
    Adore (Although she's already pretty much become a drag superstar)
    Joslyn
    Laganja
    Gia
    Roxxxy
    Coco
    Alaska (also kind of become a drag superstar)
    Alyssa
    William (and her too)
    Phi Phi
    Manila (again pls)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's get a bandwagon going, my line-up:

Ongina
    Mariah (One of the most slept-on queens in RPDR herstory)
    Willam (Though I think she's too big for it now.)
    Alaska (She's won it already.)
    Alyssa Edwards
    Adore Delano
    BenDeLaCreme
    Trinity K Bonet
    Laganja Estranja (Bitch is bringing it now.)
    Gia Gunn
    Katya
    Kennedy Davenport
    Trixie Mattel

Honestly not bothered about any of the rest.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Obviously no announcement about who's taking part yet.
    But a list of who I'd like to see would be:
    Ongina
    Tatianna (my fave from s2)
    Mariah (very underrated and went before her time)
    Willam (not that bothered about her but if it's what fans want)
    Alaska
    Alyssa Edwards (without the Coco distraction)
    Detox (due to tension with Willam)
    Ivy Winters (Miss Congeniality)
    Adore Delano
    BenDeLaCreme (Miss Congeniality)
    Laganja (redemption)
    Trinity (had a very fleshed out story, plus she had some amazing looks and lip-syncs)
    Katya (Miss Congeniality)
    Jaidynn
    Also, a few alternatives like Stacy Layne Matthews, Gia Gunn, Milk, April Carrion, or even Courtney Act who I think received a rather unfair edit last time. It would be nice to see her have more fun and come across less technical.

Have to say that despite the poor reputation of All Stars 1, it had almost the perfect casting. Fans can't really complain since they managed to include Miss Congeniality of all 4 seasons so far, hence why I felt the need to include the next 3. Even Mimi Imfurst deserved her place, having the most infamous lip sync ever, despite being treated like dirt by the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously no announcement about who's taking part yet.
    But a list of who I'd like to see would be:
    Ongina
    Tatianna (my fave from s2)
    Mariah (very underrated and went before her time)
    Willam (not that bothered about her but if it's what fans want)
    Alaska
    Alyssa Edwards (without the Coco distraction)
    Detox (due to tension with Willam)
    Ivy Winters (Miss Congeniality)
    Adore Delano
    BenDeLaCreme (Miss Congeniality)
    Laganja (redemption)
    Trinity (had a very fleshed out story, plus she had some amazing looks and lip-syncs)
    Katya (Miss Congeniality)
    Jaidynn
    Also, a few alternatives like Stacy Layne Matthews, Gia Gunn, Milk, April Carrion, or even Courtney Act who I think received a rather unfair edit last time. It would be nice to see her have more fun and come across less technical.

Have to say that despite the poor reputation of All Stars 1, it had almost the perfect casting. Fans can't really complain since they managed to include Miss Congeniality of all 4 seasons so far, hence why I felt the need to include the next 3. Even Mimi Imfurst deserved her place, having the most infamous lip sync ever, despite being treated like dirt by the others.

I couldn't stand Tatianna until the reunion, where she then won my respect completely. The way she went in on Raven "I've not finished speaking, you will speak when I'm done."(!) I'm a massive Raven fan, but she kind of had it coming. Now whenever I ruwatch Season 2 Tati is one of my favourites. It'd be nice to see where her drag's at now.

But sorry there's no justification for Mimi being in the first line-up in my eyes. The Queens weren't harsh enough IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I couldn't stand Tatianna until the reunion, where she then won my respect completely. The way she went in on Raven "I've not finished speaking, you will speak when I'm done."(!) I'm a massive Raven fan, but she kind of had it coming. Now whenever I ruwatch Season 2 Tati is one of my favourites. It'd be nice to see where her drag's at now.

But sorry there's no justification for Mimi being in the first line-up in my eyes. The Queens weren't harsh enough IMO.

I was unsure of Tatianna at first but she won me over when she stood by her own opinions even if it made her unpopular. It would have been easy to join in with the others when they were making fun of Mystique. Tatianna was such an unusual personality, she was kind of soft-spoken but she could also be ruthless to those that deserved it.

I've never thought Mimi was that bad. She was an insecure trainwreck but she wasn't mean or nasty, she just wanted to prove herself. I think the only queen who let themself down on All Stars was Pandora for being such a sour misery after being partnered with Mimi.
    Plus Mimi might have the best name I've ever heard. It just cracks me up as it's so simple but also perfect for her.
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd season 7 worth watching ? I watched the first one and didn't like what they have done with untucked . Also I hate the reunion / final episode now as its too much like a staged show with annoying audience clapping and yelling at everything .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd season 7 worth watching ? I watched the first one and didn't like what they have done with untucked . Also I hate the reunion / final episode now as its too much like a staged show with annoying audience clapping and yelling at everything .

I'd say yes, though it's a bit frustrating in places. The outcome of some challenges/lipsyncs and certain people getting about 6 episodes further than they ever should've done. (Not very Flazeda)

However there were still some great queens and challenges, and a worthy winner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I have just finished season 7 and I have to agree that it was one of the weakest series. There was some I liked such as Pearl, Violet and Katya but there wasn't anyone that I loved such as Bianca from the series before.

Does anyone know of anywhere you can watch All Stars?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My all stars list would be;
    Alaska (winner)
    Katya (obviously)
    Trinity (favourite runway queen)
    Adore (she makes me laugh with everything she says)
    PhiPhi (has grown so much)
    Detox (didn't bring as much as she could have to S5)
    Willam (to wind everyone else up)
    Bendela (because i think she's great)
    Roxxxy (great looks)
    Alyssa (looks, unintentional comedy, everything)
    Max (made one mistake and it cost her)
    April (had so much more to show, she has freat looks)
    Milk (has also grown alot)
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All Stars Season 1 is on TruTV right now for those that may not have seen it or want to relive it.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tammy Brown is the most underrated queen ever
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Stars 2 is filming around now so be on look out for queens who are quieter than usual. Alaska hasn't tweeted in 3 days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Willam tweeted something about queens only just cancelling gigs and letting fans down when they knew they were taking part in All-Stars 2 back in July.
    So anyone notice any queens cancelling gigs? And I wonder who Willam is talking about specifically? Phi Phi O'Hara perhaps? lol *shudder* Please no!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willam tweeted something about queens only just cancelling gigs and letting fans down when they knew they were taking part in All-Stars 2 back in July.
    So anyone notice any queens cancelling gigs? And I wonder who Willam is talking about specifically? Phi Phi O'Hara perhaps? lol *shudder* Please no!

Phi Phi has grown so much both as a person and a drag queen. Her girl gremlin costume is flawless.
    http://m.imgur.com/TjGSkrU