The Lucy Beale Storyline: DS Detective Thread *likely spoilers*

_elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
Forum Member
✭✭
I hope this isn't out of place given how many Lucy Beale threads there already are, but I thought a discussion thread where we could analyse on-screen clues as they unfold over the next few months, as well as any spoilers linked to the storyline, would be a good idea.

So this thread isn't particularly to discuss the merit of the storyline itself, as there are tons of threads on that, but more for DS soap posters to play detective and piece together the storyline as it happens. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of twists and turns so it's the perfect storyline to do this for.

I guess I'll (hopefully) get the ball rolling by asking if we think there have been any on-screen clues so far? As this has apparently been planned since before the new year, and is supposed to be 'intricately plotted' so we might have already had some foundation work laid down by the producers.

Potential leads could be:

Cindy's pregnancy storyline
Danny's exit and Lucy's part in this
The Beale family dynamics - especially surrounding Ian's relationships with Denise and Jane and his ongoing issues with depression and money

There may well be other things but I think those are the main storyline strands concerning Lucy since the new year.

Feel free to add your own ideas and thoughts. :)

Comments

• SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Aunt Babe's proposal last night about the cannabis could have something to do with it. Doubt it will be brushed under the carpet though, maybe Shirley sells it in secret or something?
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aunt Babe's proposal last night about the cannabis could have something to do with it. Doubt it will be brushed under the carpet though, maybe Shirley sells it in secret or something?

I'm sure that this will happen but I don't think it will be linked to Lucy, I can't see this story involving the Carters at all, it would make them hate figures in Walford if the truth was revealed that they played a part in Lucy's 'death'. Personally I think she will fake her own death in some way.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It could be. I do wonder if the timing of the announcement was deliberately done after the hour-long special last night - there was a lot happening during the episode and maybe some clues were in there somewhere? Although the cannabis discussion was closed down pretty swiftly by Mick and Linda, I get the impression it isn't the last we've heard about it.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    It could be. I do wonder if the timing of the announcement was deliberately done after the hour-long special last night - there was a lot happening during the episode and maybe some clues were in there somewhere? Although the cannabis discussion was closed down pretty swiftly by Mick and Linda, I get the impression it isn't the last we've heard about it.

I think it's to do with that, wish it was Cindy Senior though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another strand of discussion could potentially be Aleks. Was it a coincidence he threatened Ian last night? Could they be building him up to play a key part in the storyline?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I'm under the impression that Ian will mentally break down again, and chucks Denise, while Jane tries to pull the family together. Jane hasn't been mentioned at all in the articles I've read, I reckon her return is partly leading up to this.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would they really make the Carters responsible for Lucy's death though?

Lucy being killed is different to Carl and Archie. More so if she dies without doing any harm to the person who kills her. It might be a bit more difficult for viewers to forgive someone like Tina killing Lucy even if it is by accident.

I still think the press release is too.. fake.. lol it just seems too weird. I'm unable to believe it. Maybe once the shock has passed. When they killed off Danielle they did their best to keep it a total secret even though it did leak. With Lucy they have made sure the whole world knows its happening. I'm with Dazza. Something isn't right about how they have announced it.
    Forum Member

Lucy being killed is different to Carl and Archie. More so if she dies without doing any harm to the person who kills her. It might be a bit more difficult for viewers to forgive someone like Tina killing Lucy even if it is by accident.

I still think the press release is too.. fake.. lol it just seems too weird. I'm unable to believe it. Maybe once the shock has passed. When they killed off Danielle they did their best to keep it a total secret even though it did leak. With Lucy they have made sure the whole world knows its happening. I'm with Dazza. Something isn't right about how they have announced it.

Yeah I got the impression that there's another twist, especially as there's been no mention of Hetti in the articles I've read. Could be looking into it too much though. :p
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I hope this isn't out of place given how many Lucy Beale threads there already are, but I thought a discussion thread where we could analyse on-screen clues as they unfold over the next few months, as well as any spoilers linked to the storyline, would be a good idea.

So this thread isn't particularly to discuss the merit of the storyline itself, as there are tons of threads on that, but more for DS soap posters to play detective and piece together the storyline as it happens. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of twists and turns so it's the perfect storyline to do this for.

I guess I'll (hopefully) get the ball rolling by asking if we think there have been any on-screen clues so far? As this has apparently been planned since before the new year, and is supposed to be 'intricately plotted' so we might have already had some foundation work laid down by the producers.

Potential leads could be:

Cindy's pregnancy storyline
    Danny's exit and Lucy's part in this
    The Beale family dynamics - especially surrounding Ian's relationships with Denise and Jane and his ongoing issues with depression and money

There may well be other things but I think those are the main storyline strands concerning Lucy since the new year.

Feel free to add your own ideas and thoughts. :)

Danny won't have anything to do with it, because he's already left.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely idea for a thread. :)

I have a feeling that Johnny could be involved in some way, I don't know why. :p
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will happen. Lucy Beale will be killed off.

I suspect the reason they have announced it early, and in the manner they have, is because over the next few weeks there will be clues forming. We will find out the secrets that Ian will find out after her death. We will look for possible motives. We wouldn't be able to look for these if we didn't know what was going to happen to her in the end.

The BBC released a character trail for Lucy today with the caption "Lucy's manipulative and easily seduced by money, but does this hide a vulnerable heart?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It would be pretty unrealistic for Lucy to die from marijuana-related... well, anything. You can't exactly OD on weed. So I doubt the Carters would be directly involved. But I don't think this is going to be a simple cause-and-effect type storyline, so it may be that the Carter family and their discussion last night plays a part in it but are not actually the cause.

I agree that there is something a bit off with the press release, but this doesn't necessarily need to just be a thread to discuss her death... it's to piece together all aspects of the storyline, including whether or not she actually dies for real or if there's more to this than meets the eye. ;-)
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »

I suspect the reason they have announced it early, and in the manner they have, is because over the next few weeks there will be clues forming. We will find out the secrets that Ian will find out after her death. We will look for possible motives. We wouldn't be able to look for these if we didn't know what was going to happen to her in the end.

The BBC released a character trail for Lucy today with the caption "Lucy's manipulative and easily seduced by money, but does this hide a vulnerable heart?"

The storyline lasts for a year, if they do as you say and start to reveal clues, it will make it easier for people to guess, which would reduce the SHOCK factor considerably. I think the storyline will be ignored until Lucy's death is aired.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely idea for a thread. :)

I have a feeling that Johnny could be involved in some way, I don't know why. :p

I was wondering if that scene between Johnny, Lucy and Whitney was significant in some way but I didn't want to be accused of bringing my Johnny obsession into the thread. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK so lets get the inevitable classic DS comments out the way...
    Will her death be the cause of rape?
    Or will it be when she finds out that Sharon is her mum?
    Forum Member
    As someone mentioned above, Aleks came to mind as one of the possible suspects due to him threatening Ian last night. He said that he could be about to lose everything he's ever worked for and that can send people mentally into unknown places.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The storyline lasts for a year, if they do as you say and start to reveal clues, it will make it easier for people to guess, which would reduce the SHOCK factor considerably. I think the storyline will be ignored until Lucy's death is aired.

We, the audience, may find out beforehand. The reveal/fallout may take us up to the 30th anniversary.

They did mention that this isn't a typical whodunnit.

I know one thing for sure. I am looking forward to this storyline.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I call it. Professor Plum in the drawing room with the candlestick holder.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member

the press release doesn't sound right and is badly written. This bit especially either their writer needs to go back to school or it was written in a rush.
    No one knows exactly what happened to Lucy on the night she died, except very few people - even the person responsible for her death.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Just looking at Lucy herself

-She has lost her job
    -Broken up with Danny
    -Her brother has moved out
    -She doesn't seem to have friends anymore. Whitney actively seems to resent her
    -She misses Jane and wants her father to get back with her.

It's possible that her loneliness will lead her to

-Drugs
    -Alcohol
    -Self harm/neglect
    -Seek out company on line
    -Suicidal thoughts

I can't help thinking that she will try to talk to people about how she's feeling (including Ian) but they will all be too busy/pre-occupied to listen
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    the press release doesn't sound right and is badly written. This bit especially either their writer needs to go back to school or it was written in a rush.

Exactly. lol I mean what does that even mean. That someone kills her without realising it? Maybe that's why the whole thing sounds so bizarre :D certainly be a new twist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Just looking at Lucy herself

-She has lost her job
    -Broken up with Danny
    -Her brother has moved out
    -She doesn't seem to have friends anymore. Whitney actively seems to resent her
    -She misses Jane and wants her father to get back with her.

It's possible that her loneliness will lead her to

-Drugs
    -Alcohol
    -Self harm/neglect
    -Seek out company on line
    -Suicidal thoughts

I can't help thinking that she will try to talk to people about how she's feeling (including Ian) but they will all be too busy/pre-occupied to listen

This is what I would have done with Cindy Jnr,she has always felt alone and its clear that the Beales have hardly anytime for her. Lucy is to far strong a character to be a victim and even if she does end up dead she won't be totally innocent I am sure of it.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    OK so lets get the inevitable classic DS comments out the way...
    Will her death be the cause of rape?
    Or will it be when she finds out that Sharon is her mum?

:D

Maybe she finds out whether or not Philth really does love Shirley.
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Ok, I call it. Professor Plum in the drawing room with the candlestick holder.

:D:D:D
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »

I suspect the reason they have announced it early, and in the manner they have, is because over the next few weeks there will be clues forming. We will find out the secrets that Ian will find out after her death. We will look for possible motives. We wouldn't be able to look for these if we didn't know what was going to happen to her in the end

I agree.