Options

The Andrea Faustini Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
Forum Member
✭✭
Part 2 of the Andrea Faustini Appreciation thread!! :D :cool: Created after part 1 went past 200 pages and 5,000 posts....

Celebrating the pre-release of Andrea's new single 'Give a Little Love' - which is available for download on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon right now.

You can stream Andrea's new single on Spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/track/1OdglkxmjiuKN449eV9emc

Also celebrating Andrea's new album 'Kelly' which is due for release on 17th July and can also be pre-ordered now from iTunes, Google Play and Amazon :)

For all Andrea's news from November 2014 to present, plus hundreds of photos, all of his music videos and interviews, and a lot of useful links and other info, please also see the fan website:
https://www.andreafaustini.club :cool:

Comments

• Options
    delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of links to maybe explain the single being available to download and how spotify streams count towards the charts.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/a-guide-to-instant-grat-promotions-and-official-chart-rules__3294/

http://www.spotifyartists.com/streaming-now-included-in-the-official-uk-charts-what-does-this-mean-for-artists/

Not simple like the good old days where you just bought the record from a shop:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delz wrote: »
    Couple of links to maybe explain the single being available to download and how spotify streams count towards the charts.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/a-guide-to-instant-grat-promotions-and-official-chart-rules__3294/

http://www.spotifyartists.com/streaming-now-included-in-the-official-uk-charts-what-does-this-mean-for-artists/

Not simple like the good old days where you just bought the record from a shop:D:D

Good news if all of our downloads will count towards the chart position when the single is finally released :)

I did a bit of research on Spotify, as no one seemed to know how many streams count towards one download - it is 100 unfortunately..... and you have to listen for more than 30 seconds for it to count. I am sure we have all already counted for one or two downloads then ;) Actually, I think all that is covered in the article delz just posted :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news if all of our downloads will count towards the chart position when the single is finally released :)

I did a bit of research on Spotify, as no one seemed to know how many streams count towards one download - it is 100 unfortunately..... and you have to listen for more than 30 seconds for it to count. I am sure we have all already counted for one or two downloads then ;) Actually, I think all that is covered in the article delz just posted :D

From another article

"Each track will have to be played for 30 seconds before it counts as one stream and only ten plays will be counted per user, per day to stop fans from deliberately cheating the system" As if we would do that...;-):D
  • Options
    Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

YAY part 2 :D

My brain is trying to focus on reading these I may have to try again in the morning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    YAY part 2 :D

I know :) And I may have missed out on the 5,000th post, but....... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From another article

"Each track will have to be played for 30 seconds before it counts as one stream and only ten plays will be counted per user, per day to stop fans from deliberately cheating the system" As if we would do that...;-):D

No we'd never ;-)
    So it'll take us 10 days till we get one single sale. I could do that, easy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know :) And I may have missed out on the 5,000th post, but....... :D

You got post 1 on this ;-)
    One of those milestone post will be mine on this thread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for this! So from what I understand, Give a Little Love is a 'Grat Track' until it's released officially as a single? And the download will count towards charts if the user decided to buy the track separately from the album, but not if they downloaded the album alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and yey for part 2 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we'd never ;-)
    So it'll take us 10 days till we get one single sale. I could do that, easy :D

It wil be hard work but I'm sure we can do that ;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dbarnz wrote: »
    Thanks for this! So from what I understand, Give a Little Love is a 'Grat Track' until it's released officially as a single? And the download will count towards charts if the user decided to buy the track separately from the album, but not if they downloaded the album alone.

OK - but you can't actually buy the single if you have already bought the album can you? Or can you if you delete cookies or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It might not be anything to do with that at all of course, but I think thats the general gist of how it must work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK - but you can't actually buy the single if you have already bought the album can you? Or can you if you delete cookies or something?

I bought it on its own, and then preordered the rest of the album on Itunes later. so that should be okay then shouldnt it? (finding it hard to get my head around like Sammi:D)
  • Options
    Drek20xDrek20x Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From another article

Voting a thousand times in a poll is one thing, but I would never, I repeat, NEVER cheat the system to help a song climb the chart!! >:( (sarcasm of course :D)

Currently listening to the single again on repeat (already lost count, it is soooo gooood!!), can't wait for the days when I will keep hearing Andrea on radio in my country every time I decide to drive somewhere (I don't listen to radio at home) :)

Sweet, part 2 out of many :p
  • Options
    HildaLGHildaLG Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drek20x wrote: »
    Voting a thousand times in a poll is one thing, but I would never, I repeat, NEVER cheat the system to help a song climb the chart!! >:( (sarcasm of course :D)

Currently listening to the single again on repeat (already lost count, it is soooo gooood!!), can't wait for the days when I will keep hearing Andrea on radio in my country every time I decide to drive somewhere (I don't listen to radio at home) :)

Sweet, part 2 out of many :p

Oh drek20x! I didn't know you live in another country. Where are you?
  • Options
    bladerunner1bladerunner1 Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Morning new thread! If you buy a single from iTunes it will count in the singles chart….when you then go and buy the album it will alert you that you already have one track and do you want to replace it or not, and that counts to the album sales. Simples! So I think the best idea is buy the single when it is released, and then buy the album when that comes out - can't wait.

Wonder if Dermot will play it on Saturday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it on its own, and then preordered the rest of the album on Itunes later. so that should be okay then shouldnt it? (finding it hard to get my head around like Sammi:D)

I never pre ordered the album on iTunes I just purchased the song on it's own. Gonna wait till I read these articles again to see if I understand them better lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning new thread! If you buy a single from iTunes it will count in the singles chart….when you then go and buy the album it will alert you that you already have one track and do you want to replace it or not, and that counts to the album sales. Simples! So I think the best idea is buy the single when it is released, and then buy the album when that comes out - can't wait.

Wonder if Dermot will play it on Saturday?
    But does the people who have got the single already does that go towards the sales when or gets released or do they count right now?
  • Options
    bladerunner1bladerunner1 Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    But does the people who have got the single already does that go towards the sales when or gets released or do they count right now?

I am sure they must count….as people have paid good money for it? Perhaps that explains why things go straight to number one on release. Just head an extract of John Newman's new single due out 17th July - that week is going to be a busy one for me on iTunes! Could be a race to the top between him and Andrea - yay decent talent with new material flooding the airwaves this summer :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure they must count….as people have paid good money for it? Perhaps that explains why things go straight to number one on release. Just head an extract of John Newman's new single due out 17th July - that week is going to be a busy one for me on iTunes! Could be a race to the top between him and Andrea - yay decent talent with new material flooding the airwaves this summer :cool:

So does that mean all that is downloaded between now and 10th July will count towards that weeks chart? Hoping that is the case. It is going to be a great Summer indeed :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea's OFFICIAL Vevo You Tube audio version of Give a Little Love has finally been released...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTKnNUkFeKI

Just a small rant here - the unofficial one, which was some bloke recording it off of the radio - has had over 7,000 views and has been included in every press article about Andrea's single and album.... Now, the official You Tube audio version is finally released - talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! :( Better late than never, but I do hope that the unofficial You Tube views will be taken into account by the powers that be when they are deciding how popular the song is....! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS. What a shame there's no video? Hopefully one soon? Andrea's tweet today (rocking a very unique icecream jumper too I might add :) ) says that he's got a busy day - maybe a interviews and press articles? Perhaps filming a video?

Is it me, or is all this a bit disorganised!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea's OFFICIAL Vevo You Tube audio version of Give a Little Love has finally been released...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTKnNUkFeKI

Just a small rant here - the unofficial one, which was some bloke recording it off of the radio - has had over 7,000 views and has been included in every press article about Andrea's single and album.... Now, the official You Tube audio version is finally released - talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! :( Better late than never, but I do hope that the unofficial You Tube views will be taken into account by the powers that be when they are deciding how popular the song is....! >:(

I know I'm always the one to say this but...

Don't worry! :D

Since the video is on a Vevo channel, it should get some promotion via the Vevo youtube channel and website soon. Also remember the song has had hardly any promotion really, only one radio play and this video hasn't been shared on social media yet (Vevo, Sony, RCA, Andrea etc should tweet the link out soon). Give it time :)

I think they've just uploaded it now in preparation for the lead up to release. There's still a whole load of promotion to do! And I'm sure there will be a music video too :) Still 1 month and 6 days till release! :D

Hopefully his busy day is full of press interviews :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS. What a shame there's no video? Hopefully one soon? Andrea's tweet today (rocking a very unique icecream jumper too I might add :) ) says that he's got a busy day - maybe a interviews and press articles? Perhaps filming a video?

Is it me, or is all this a bit disorganised!?

In my honest opinion (and not just being blindly positive here) so far I don't think it has been disorganised. They got him a world first play on the most listened to radio station in the UK, with lots of articles about his album release date following it. The album is on iTunes with GALL as a grad track to encourage preorders and GALL is on spotify to get the song out there over a month before release. Press etc seem to be happening today/possibly a music video is being filmed. And now they've got an official audio up with a Vevo channel for Andrea set up. So far I'd say its all good! :)

Also absolutely loving his ice cream jumper :cool:
  • Options
    HildaLGHildaLG Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I'm always the one to say this but...

Don't worry! :D

Since the video is on a Vevo channel, it should get some promotion via the Vevo youtube channel and website soon. Also remember the song has had hardly any promotion really, only one radio play and this video hasn't been shared on social media yet (Vevo, Sony, RCA, Andrea etc should tweet the link out soon). Give it time :)

I think they've just uploaded it now in preparation for the lead up to release. There's still a whole load of promotion to do! And I'm sure there will be a music video too :) Still 1 month and 6 days till release! :D

Hopefully his busy day is full of press interviews :D
    You're our little ray of sunshine, dbarnz.