just saw a clip for it with all the old graphics

starts 2nd december at 11am

showing on saturdays

this will be cool to watch again

Comments

• James2001James2001 Posts: 73,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant! I dug up my tape of the last ever edition a couple of weeks back, and this has been on my mind ever since (in addition to "ITV Should bring this back. CD:UK was never as good").

Indeed, I nearly started a thread on the subject last night.

Also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xN3hFCkqp8 (Last Ever Edition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZs3nvik7xY (review of 1989 special)
  • Scalper JackScalper Jack Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV should bring this back? It was originally/firstly a Channel 4 thing IIRC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it was, but it was on ITV for most of its life. Someone should bring it back anyway, it was by far the best music programme. It showed a wide range of music (plenty of stuff you'd not see on other programmes), has no presenters and no audiences full of screaming 15 year old girls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you - I loved it, especially in the 80s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's also hope they remove the annoying "TEXT IN NOW TO MEET XXXXXXX IN NEW YORK!!!!" DOG during the repeats (why they need this on-screen permantly is beyond me, they run promotions before every ad break, and sometimes between songs- watch for 10 minutes, you'll see it at least once).
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    wow, got loads on tape but it will be good to watch this classic on a sat morning again, although now i will be hungover as im old enough!!
  • Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote:
    Let's also hope they remove the annoying "TEXT IN NOW TO MEET XXXXXXX IN NEW YORK!!!!" DOG during the repeats (why they need this on-screen permantly is beyond me, they run promotions several times an hour, you only need to watch for 15 minutes and you'll be guranteed to see them at least twice).

the reason i stopped watching that channel and b4

so annoying

cant wait to see itv chart show again tho

hope they are from the very start
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here- including the Channel 4 editions, which I've never seen.

All I have to rely on is the last ever edition and the first 20 minutes of the 30/9/89 edition on the end of an old tape.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see it back but it wouldn't even do as well as CD:UK because the idea of a terrestrial video show is rather redundant now.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaz.Baz wrote:
    just saw a clip for it with all the old graphics

starts 2nd december at 11am

showing on saturdays

this will be cool to watch again

Fantastic and in its rightful slot too. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW, Gaz, where did you see this trailer? I've been watching Chart Show TV for the last 2 hours to try and catch it, and I haven't seen it yet.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chart Show was great. I don't know why they got rid of it for crap like CD:UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote:
    BTW, Gaz, where did you see this trailer? I've been watching Chart Show TV for the last 2 hours to try and catch it, and I haven't seen it yet.

i have it taped mate

will upload it to youtube now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry james2001 its actually being shown on The Vault channel 356

i have uploaded twice to youtube but its taking ages to process

site must be playing up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaz.Baz wrote:
    sorry james2001 its actually being shown on The Vault channel 356

That explains it then. It also seems more appropriate that it would be shown on there anyway.

BTW, I've had videos on YouTube take ages to process before as well, I guess it depends on how busy the site is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chart Show was great; I loved how they did a Rock chart every third week... as a teenage grunger I would sit with my finger poised on the record button in case a band I liked was played!

I'm sure I have shows from 1994/5 on video somewhere.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,702
    Forum Member
    The dance chart is also back on Friday nights for all that care... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the trailer, the title sequence used in there was from the 1992-94 era, I guess that might be where they're starting (or it might just have been the one that looked best on-screen). I was hoping they'd start from earlier. At least the rollercoaster/fairground era (1989-91). I noticed the logo they showed had been dodgily edited to remove the ITV logo- I wonder if they'll keep that in during the episodes.

BTW Gaz, how do you know the date? The trailer I saw didn't say anything except "Coming in December". Or maybe you saw a different trailer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeIHoXedcAs

i would say its the 2nd as otherwise they would have probably sayed the date

starting in december would mean to me the start of the month though i could be wrong

lets hope not,the sooner the better :)
  • xmastellyxmastelly Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( Just checked my Sky Digital planner and it doesn't look like its starting next saturday :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I glad its being repeated as i was too young to remeber the chart show I was more the CDUK era, so i glad i will be able to see the old Chart Show!

Plus i would rather watch a chart show these days with a rundown of old songs than some of the crap thats in the modern day charts today, i'll probaly end up liking this music when this gets repeated again than whats the hits of today!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a felling it'll be back a week after saturday the 1st! Its defiently not starting next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the epg can be changed and updated at anytime

i still think its starting on the 2nd

i will be tuning in just incase ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are 5 Saturdays in December- it could be any of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah but digiguide has every saturday in december down for top 10 hits so its gonna change sometime