Person Of Interest -- Bought By Channel 5

MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
Forum Member
Title is self-explanatory. I thought I would make a new thread just because people kept asking when it would be coming to the UK.

Starts in July, according to DS.

Comments

• jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Title is self-explanatory. I thought I would make a new thread just because people kept asking when it would be coming to the UK.

Starts in July, according to DS.

Thats great.

Was wondering if someone was going to pick it up
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks More Tears for the info, and great to see a British broadcaster finally purchase the rights.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bout bloody time
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it had a very interesting concept but the implementation was dull. I gave in after a handful of episodes.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank God. I have watched the first 4 episodes and it's impressive. May as well wait until it airs now.
  • OakwoodOakwood Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Good on Channel 5 for picking this up. Along with Once Upon a Time, they've got the two big new US network successes of the current season.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CHANNEL 5 are fast becoming my favourite terrestrial station.....

Thats 3 MASSIVE hits they have now:

Once Upon a Time
    The Walking Dead (If only they managed to nab 1st run rights, they'd get well over 3 million instead of the 900k)
    Person of Interest
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I found it had a very interesting concept but the implementation was dull. I gave in after a handful of episodes.

That's a shame. POI had me within a few mins of ep1.

btw: Channel 5's new tv-ident thing is FABULOUS, the previous one being a hideous mess that was so distracting I'd watch H+A on 5* rather than on 5. Whoever, or is it whomever made the decision to change deserves the nations thanx.
  • Dar WDar W Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im glad Channel 5 have got this,good show.Wonder if they purchased it as a long term replacement for CSI Miami?? I just wish Channel 5 would buy up all CBS's crime dramas,seem to be a good fit for the Channel
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dar W wrote: »
    Im glad Channel 5 have got this,good show.Wonder if they purchased it as a long term replacement for CSI Miami?? I just wish Channel 5 would buy up all CBS's crime dramas,seem to be a good fit for the Channel
    5 have too many procedural's ...

They are doing a fine job of getting a mix of everything lately tbh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info MT

Without being too spoilerific has the show got legs? ie It's not another Alcatraz, Terra Nova, Secret Circle etc is it?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info MT

Without being too spoilerific has the show got legs? ie It's not another Alcatraz, Terra Nova, Secret Circle etc is it?

Well, something they didn't have, is a second season, which Person of Interest has been renewed for on consistent ratings :)

Michael Emerson. What more does the audience need? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    About time this was picked up by a UK broadcaster!
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really know much about this show- what's the main concept of it?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    Great news, bring on July. Channel 5's head of acquisitions deserves a raise I think! They've done extremely well with their pickups this season and long may it continue.

I think this one is a keeper, which is why it surprises me that it's taken this long- perhaps there was a bidding war for the rights here in the UK? It actually grew its ratings across the season for CBS, starting with 13m and peaking with 15.7m for episode 17. It has lost a bit of steam since then but it's still regularly pulling in huge audiences.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    That makes this, Homeland and Revenge that Sky have inexplicably ignored. Some weird decisions going on there.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That makes this, Homeland and Revenge that Sky have inexplicably ignored. Some weird decisions going on there.

Don't get to comfortable, Sky are notorious for snatching shows that become hits for terrestrial channels.

Just remember what happened to Mad Men, ER and 24! to name a few!

I'll be shocked if Homeland isn't on their radar in the none to distant future??

Just saying.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and Lost.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really know much about this show- what's the main concept of it?

(not my words)
    You are being watched. The government has a secret system, a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the Machine to detect acts of terror but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people. People like you. Crimes the government considered “irrelevant.” They wouldn’t act so I decided I would....
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    Don't get to comfortable, Sky are notorious for snatching shows that become hits for terrestrial channels

i thought it would only be a matter of time before "that" soundbite was trotted out .. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen any of this show and don't really know what it's about but it's on my list of shows to check out - very glad Channel 5 have bought it :D
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedicated wrote: »
    I haven't seen any of this show and don't really know what it's about but it's on my list of shows to check out - very glad Channel 5 have bought it :D

Its basically Batman with a gun(without the costume) and its brill .:D
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet this show has been picked up to replace csi miami so i expect it to be on at 9pm on tuesdays. Does look good from trailers i`ve seen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    Channel 5, or 5USA?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭