what time is beyonce due to perform??

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    Is it me or was that very underwhelming.

no i feel this way too.

i find her an incredibly talented woman before anyone starts lol
    i think the hype around it (for me anyway) made it feel like a massive anti climax in a way i expected so much more
    They could`ve played a tape of an old concert or something cause it was exactly the same as what we`ve seen before.

And not debut even a little bit of new material is she stupid?

the highlight was if i heard right? did she ask the crown "do you remember DC? that made me chuckle

Also i agree with an previous post the songs really didn`t transcend into each other i though the track list was a hot mess
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I was expecting so much more.... didnt show of her vocals much, ended kinda funny aswell.

Destinys Child was pointless shouldnt have bothered they kinda ruined single ladies.

She did however dance amazingly and looked awsome!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised at these comments. I thought she was incredible. Goosebumps!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best bit about it was that there was not an Emeli Sande in sight.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think it was good, but could have been better though. on reflection, she was probably quite shrewd slipping in those `4` tracks. if she`s going to have a superbowl sales surge, then why not boost her last album?

the destiny`s child reunion was a missed opportunity in terms of what could have been, the whole performance fell below potential with so many hits that could have been performed. however, she looked great, danced amazingly well and give it her all performance wise. generally, i really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did enough with Desiny's Child. The show was about Beyonce and she brought them on for a little bit...that's it. That's what I wanted. I didn't want a full on Destiny's Child medley.
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was AMAZING best performer of our generation imo Kelly was working it as well was impressed by her Michelle was a bit stiff at times but she loosened up during the end I just wish it was longer :(.
  • Options
    Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was underwhelmed, I thought the DC reunion was very disappointing, so many missed opportunities. And I swear Madonna was on for at least 3 times the length of time Beyonce was on. The end wasn't what I expected, it was just a "Is that it" feel. I only watched the game to see the halftime show, if I'd have known it was only on for 12 minutes I wouldn't have bothered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epic Beyonce Performance :) An Icon and a future legend IMO.

Nice to see Destiny's Child join Beyonce on the stage.

Loved the songs Beyonce decided to sing. (Love on Top, Crazy In Love, End of Time, Baby Boy, Single Ladies and Halo). She sang Independent Women and Bootylicious with DC.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Just watched it back a second time, I loved it. I wasn't too sure about having DC there, but I'm happy she did, I really like when they came on, was nice seeing them together. Beyoncé killed it vocally and danced brilliantly, you could just see it in her face that how much effort she was putting in with it.
  • Options
    MissRightMissRight Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I thought Beyonce did great, it was a high energy performance, most importantly vocals and choreography were on point, Destiny's Child performing together was an added bonus, was nostalgia and a reminder of how great they were, Beyonce never fails when it comes to putting on a show, I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was absolutely slayed.

I'm not surprised she didn't perform any new material... she now has a huge platform to announce a new tour, a new single with a Grammy performance of the said single.

She is all set up to have an absolutely huge era, I just hope the material is able to match the hype.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am far from a Beyonce fan but she did an amazing job.

She combined vocals and performance really well.

I don't know what you were watching if you thought that wasn't good!
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Why would her fans want new material in that set? Yes, it would be a great platform to do it but think of the whole thing as a mini-concert. She sings new material you've never heard before and you can't sing along and dance to it. People want the hits.

Besides, the Super Bowl doesn't even guarantee a hit when you peform new stuff. Just ask Madonna.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Rowland is the biggest doormat I have ever seen, coming on as the backing singer. I think Beyonce is good but have always felt Kelly had the better voice, tone and control, but didn't have the guts to cut ties with Beyonce and her dad sooner.

Overall the show was good, but right now Beyonce feels a little old and dated:o

I hope her new music has moved on a level this year.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    initial tour dates have been announced on facebook and 4 tracks have resurfaced on the us itunes top 100.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I thought she delivered, but she didn't slay.

My usual issue with Beyonce is that she is far better than the material, and once again I didn't feel like she really pushed it to another level to create a "wow" moment.

It didn't grow to a climax, it began strongly and fizzled out as if an uptempo finale song was cut last minute (new single?). The DC reunion could have worked harder, but I suspect there wasn't much rehearsal time.

The visuals at the start were great, but the rest was basically Billboard Awards 2.0. Looks amazing, but it'd have been nice to see a completely fresh take for the Super Bowl. Beyonce is so consistent that I feel I've effectively seen that performance in some incarnation before. The same general set list, the same adlibs, the same production/remixes, the same DC medley.

Changing it around so it was DC medley > Halo > Single Ladies, would have made a difference. Really go all out with loads of dancers across the field etc. (Glee basically gave her that cue).

With all that said though, she is a brilliant performer. None of her peers could have done that the way she did.
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she delivered, but she didn't slay.

My usual issue with Beyonce is that she is far better than the material, and once again I didn't feel like she really pushed it to another level to create a "wow" moment.

It didn't grow to a climax, it began strongly and fizzled out as if an uptempo finale song was cut last minute (new single?). The DC reunion could have worked harder, but I suspect there wasn't much rehearsal time.

The visuals at the start were great, but the rest was basically Billboard Awards 2.0. Looks amazing, but it'd have been nice to see a completely fresh take for the Super Bowl. Beyonce is so consistent that I feel I've effectively seen that performance in some incarnation before. The same general set list, the same adlibs, the same production/remixes, the same DC medley.

Changing it around so it was DC medley > Halo > Single Ladies, would have made a difference. Really go all out with loads of dancers across the field etc. (Glee basically gave her that cue).

With all that said though, she is a brilliant performer. None of her peers could have done that the way she did.

I actually agree with all of that....the song sequence is a bit strange. The energy did fizzle out at the end. The DC reunion is a little cringey. I'm shocked that Kelly and Michelle agreed to do it....especially having to settle for the backing dancer roles in Single Ladies.:o Ouch.

The first half of the show was spectacular though.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    I actually agree with all of that....the song sequence is a bit strange. The energy did fizzle out at the end. The DC reunion is a little cringey. I'm shocked that Kelly and Michelle agreed to do it....especially having to settle for the backing dancer roles in Single Ladies.:o Ouch.

The first half of the show was spectacular though.

Kelly & Michelle should count themselves lucky, if they were British they'd most likely be 'starring' on ITV2's Big Reunion with 911 & BeWitched by now!;):p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Amazing entrance, but everything else was either too cheesy for Superbowl or a re-hash of things she's already done or simply a trainwreck. Her song choices could have been better too. It didn't come close to matching Madonna's half time performance.
  • Options
    Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn.. No matter how much I wanted to love the performance I just can't.

The song choice just wasn't good. Apart from Crazy In Love and Halo which naturally had to be there, every other song choice was mediocre. There was too much time spent on Beyonce dancing and the visual aspect of the show and absolutely no time spent for her to do what she does best, and that's belting. Only bit I really enjoyed was the start and the end, didn't care for anything that happened in the middle. Visuals amazing, vocals as always awesome but the song choices let the entire thing down.

Naturally she is going to be compared to Madonna's performance last year and having just watched that again I just can't find fault with it. Madonna really looks like she's having fun, as do all her perfomers. The entire performance was sleek without any breaks, and whilst the "Thank you's" she gave after every song might fit in on a concert tour they just weren't appropriate on this type of show. Beyonce's show was visually better (Except for Madonna's epic performance of Like A Prayer, with the crowds cameras looking like stars which was absolutely fantastic) but it just lacked that wow factor that Madonna's had.

Beyonce's also felt really short despite being of equal length. She didn't make very good use of the time she was given imo.
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry by Beyonce's was much better than Madonna's. Madonna relied on the the staging and production to make her performance good well were as Beyonce sang and performed amazingly at the same time I think Madonna even mimed at points of her performance. I think Madonna's was very overrated and although was ok was not that amazing.