Not much sympathy now for Mark Speight

1235»

Comments

• Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what post you are referring to as I can find none that quite match up to the one quoted, but I suspect it's a quote that was taken from the CBBC website that was made by a young child about her favorite TV presenter. :rolleyes:

I apologise, I didn't know it was from there. The first I saw of that quote was on the other page of this thread.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »
    I apologise, I didn't know it was from there.

Actually I found the quote in question and I was mistaken, although the quote was taken out of context, which is why I didn't spot it initally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, you've sarcastically called them 'a barrell of laughs' because they don't drink, smoke or take drugs. It's attitudes like that that are the problem. You can be fun without doing those things. If not doing those things makes you not fun then, ok, I'd take that over being dead any day.

well said! :) why can't you be fun without having to risk your life :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sympathise with him losing his partner, but in my opinion anyway, he took the easy way out.

The hard way is sticking it out when you lose your other half and having to face up to life without them.

I am going through it now and have a child - the easy way out is quite simply not an option for me. :(
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Snikpoh wrote: »
    But the person taking the drugs has to want to be helped.

But introducing her to the drug instead of getting her professional help wasn't the action of someone with good intentions.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23477611-details/Mark+Speight:+The+BBC+star+who+vanished+into+thin+air/article.do
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to set the record straight. I thought Mark Speight was a brilliant artist, a fine presenter and a genuine warm person.

And I was shocked to hear he had killed himself.

BUT! BUT!

Didn't he bring all this on himself? If he, and his fiance, hadn't have got drunk and smashed on cocaine the night before, they wouldn't have been in this mess.

Mark was so out of his skull, he didn't wake up until 4pm THE NEXT DAY!!

While his bride to be was burning in a bath full of scolding hot water because she was so out of her skull, she didn't feel the pain of the heat of the water.

It's all a sad business and should be a warning to anyone who takes drugs.

PLEASE DON'T DO IT.

:yawn:

Cold up there on your high horse is it?

Yes, drugs are inherently wrong but they paid the ultimate price and we all make mistakes. There but for the grace of God go I and all that.
  • Options
    Nurse BettyNurse Betty Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to set the record straight. I thought Mark Speight was a brilliant artist, a fine presenter and a genuine warm person.

And I was shocked to hear he had killed himself.

BUT! BUT!

Didn't he bring all this on himself? If he, and his fiance, hadn't have got drunk and smashed on cocaine the night before, they wouldn't have been in this mess.

Mark was so out of his skull, he didn't wake up until 4pm THE NEXT DAY!!

While his bride to be was burning in a bath full of scolding hot water because she was so out of her skull, she didn't feel the pain of the heat of the water.

It's all a sad business and should be a warning to anyone who takes drugs.

PLEASE DON'T DO IT.

Fair enough but the initial attitude that he was in some way to blame for her death, before the circumstances had been ascertained, must have stayed with him.

Did he force her to take the drugs? No. It was her fault she took so many that she didn't even feel the heat of the water she was in.

I have every sympathy for anyone so smitten with or dependent on someone that they feel they can't carry on living without them.
    Woowookid wrote: »
    But introducing her to the drug instead of getting her professional help wasn't the action of someone with good intentions.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23477611-details/Mark+Speight:+The+BBC+star+who+vanished+into+thin+air/article.do

And taking them rather than seeking appropriate help was her choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :yawn:
    Yes, drugs are inherently wrong but they paid the ultimate price and we all make mistakes. There but for the grace of God go I and all that.

....but only if you're foolish enough to take hard drugs in the first place. Taking drugs isn't a mistake, it's a choice, and one for which they paid the price.

If they'd never started, they'd still be alive.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote: »
    ....but only if you're foolish enough to take hard drugs in the first place. Taking drugs isn't a mistake, it's a choice, and one for which they paid the price.

If they'd never started, they'd still be alive.

Yes, OK, that's true. Sounds horribly judgemental to me though. I'm going to retire respectfully from this thread before I say something I regret.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While having no desire to engage in this thread, I do think it's worth consider the thread title:

"Not much sympathy now for Mark Speight"

Well, by my rough calculations, thus far, 48 out of the 69 posters that have contributed to this thread do in fact have sympathy for Mark. So I think that goes to at least prove the opinion of the OP is certainly not shared by most of the contributors to this thread.

In all honesty I would suggest the best thing the majority could do at this point is leave the thread be.
  • Options
    dddddarrendddddarren Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, you've sarcastically called them 'a barrell of laughs' because they don't drink, smoke or take drugs. It's attitudes like that that are the problem. You can be fun without doing those things. If not doing those things makes you not fun then, ok, I'd take that over being dead any day.

yes i wasnt being sarcastic.....they sound as boring as all hell......show me someone without a single vice, and i will show you someone very very very boring.

and dont take that tone with me please, i do not need to be judged by the likes of you. Mind you, i suppose you are the kind of person who seems to be adding to this dreadful dreadful thread.:mad:
  • Options
    dddddarrendddddarren Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, OK, that's true. Sounds horribly judgemental to me though. I'm going to retire respectfully from this thread before I say something I regret.

i think im going to follow you...........its getting rediculous in here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »

In all honesty I would suggest the best thing the majority could do at this point is leave the thread be.

True - there is a sympathy thread on this board - with respect, maybe your opinions are better suited to that, then no one gets offended.