Talk Sport.... Gone from my DAB

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
Forum Member
I've had a quick flick through the past few pages, but cant find anything. Apologies if I've missed it. On Sunday Talksport disappeared from my DAB radio in my kitchen. Thought nothing of it, apart from being a bit peeved and thought it was just my radio. But when I tried my other DAB upstairs, it had disappeared from there as well. Does anyone know what going on???? Many thanks for any info :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    It's OK for me. There could possibly be engineering work going on at your local DAB transmitter.
  • 4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    If that's the case then Absolute, Classic FM and Planet Rock should have disappeared too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Yep, all 3 are not there! Any other views???? I live in the Medway area of Kent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working okay South of London.....until I throw Durham and Wright out the window anyway.
  • radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    everything fine here from the Sutton TX. I'm guessing it has to be something local as stations do not just disapear like that
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a cetain ex-shockjock had them removed in case they mentioned him:D

(sorry for being frivolus)
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelby67 wrote: »
    Yep, all 3 are not there! Any other views???? I live in the Medway area of Kent.
    Look as like it might be the Bluebell Hill TX that covers your area , are the other muxes OK?. Might be a fault at the TX site or work to increase the Switch mux power or TV switchover?
    http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/coverage/plannedinterruptions/
    CRYSTAL PALACE TRANSMITTER
    Central and Southern London and the South
    Dates: 1 Sep 2008 to 15 Jun 2009 Time: 10:00 - 16:00
    Effect(s) on service: -3dB reduced power working on 68 and then 39 days between the above times and the above dates. There will also be 1 x 5 min shutdown on the first and last working day of each period. This is to allow DSO work to take place.
    Reason: This work is necessary following the Government's decision to switch off analogue TV transmissions between now and 2012. For more information click here.
    Last Updated: 26 Jan 2009
    Contact details for D!
    http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/aboutus/contactus/
    Forum Member
    Cheers for the responses. Bluebell Hill is definitely my local transmitter, so I'll check out the web links. Cant stand Wrighty and Durham but have developed a liking for Mr Collymore:o
    Thanks
  • Harris TweedHarris Tweed Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk Sport.... Gone from my DAB

Did you have to pay extra for the upgrade? :D
    Forum Member
    All sorted :) Many thanks hanssolo and other posters.
    I e-mailed a v nice lady @ Pure?Dab ... per the link above. There was a problem with the Bluebell Hill transmitter last weekend but it was rectified, but it caused my radio to lock. A quick autotune and its all fine. Apologies but autotune was completely alien to me, didnt even notice the button till I pressed it. :o
    Ta for all your input :)
  • radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    All sorted :) Many thanks hanssolo and other posters.
    I e-mailed a v nice lady @ Pure?Dab ... per the link above. There was a problem with the Bluebell Hill transmitter last weekend but it was rectified, but it caused my radio to lock. A quick autotune and its all fine. Apologies but autotune was completely alien to me, didnt even notice the button till I pressed it. :o
    Ta for all your input :)

barely know the autotune is there myself so don't feel bad. I may scan every month or so just to see if anything has changed then back to my MP3s