Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That scene with Garrett becoming 'unstoppable' and then being blown to bits by Coulson was vintage Buffy humour and i loved it!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    In episode 18 when they meet Eric Koenig, he says he plays video games with his brother to pass the time.

Deathlok shot Garrett. They thought he was dead, but he came around after they left and climbed into the super soldier machine, which attached cybernetic components to his body. Coulsen then returned and killed him.
    I'll have to rewatch. I remember the scenes the other way around.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Also what is added in the uncut version on Tuesday night? Just some fight scenes?

the uncut version of Garrett killing the general is far more gruesome ;-)
  • Colino GreenColino Green Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam33 wrote: »

I wonder if Fitz is returning next season? His character has become very whiny and annoying recently and he wasn't shown after being rescued by Fury.

Yes, bit of a strange one, that. Just finally watched the final episode and can't help thinking that since we didn't see Fitz again he must be very badly hurt. Remember what Simmons said when they asked if Fitz was alright? She sort of frowned when saying "He's alive".

Maybe his conciousness will be transported to some sort of computer like in Star Trek or Red Dwarf? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, bit of a strange one, that. Just finally watched the final episode and can't help thinking that since we didn't see Fitz again he must be very badly hurt. Remember what Simmons said when they asked if Fitz was alright? She sort of frowned when saying "He's alive".

Maybe his conciousness will be transported to some sort of computer like in Star Trek or Red Dwarf? :confused:

many US fans are speculating that Fitz could return as MODOK :D

it's actually a brilliant idea imo because if Ward becomes more of a complex character and Trip only appears for a limited amount of time in s2 there's room for a new big bad within Shield next season

and if he has psionic powers most likely 0-8-4 Skye will turn out to be immune to them (parallels with Echo in Dollshouse) ;-)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    That scene with Garrett becoming 'unstoppable' and then being blown to bits by Coulson was vintage Buffy humour and i loved it!
    Knew it reminded me of something :D
  • Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    That really Effs me off. Why when they repeat it on Channel 4, do they not do one of the episodes late enough to show it properly. I think its unfair that if I want to watch it in HD I have to put up with an edited version, or watch in dreadfully bad SD with a more annoying logo>:(
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are the later Tuesday showings verified as unedited?

I thought that scene we saw gave enough of an idea of how gruesome it was.

On the finale itself I thought it was really enjoyable. I've had fun with the series all season so it was nice to have it finish well too. There lots of nice threads left for season 2 and hopefully the showrunners/writers have a chance to map it out better than the first one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    varsas wrote: »

On the finale itself I thought it was really enjoyable. I've had fun with the series all season so it was nice to have it finish well too. There lots of nice threads left for season 2 and hopefully the showrunners/writers have a chance to map it out better than the first one.

not sure if it's unedited but if not, you can check the US reviews to find out how savage it really was ;-)
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »

It is stupid to put it on at 8pm if they've been showing edited versions. I would have waited until a late night repeat throughout the series.

Anyway, the repeat is on E4 HD on Tuesday at 10pm. Not sure if it's a standard repeat or uncut.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »

Just what I thought.

As for the whole Eric/Billy Koenig... "are they brothers or are they clones??" thing... perhaps they are clones who have been brought up to believe that they are brothers
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Just what I thought.

Yes, it had Joss Whedon all over it. Loved that! :D
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Stone Free wrote: »
    That really Effs me off.
    Why? :confused: If you want to see gore go rent a Horror movie! I would only be bothered it they they edited out something really important. :)

Though I agree with your general point.
  • scardisscardis Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    If you see Garret pull out the General's own rib and stab him with it (like we did on RTÉ Two at 5 in the evening) then you know you got the unedited version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    That's not the only scene that was cut. The part showing May actually nailing Ward's foot with closeup of said foot was also missing. Ch4 only allowed the brief scene with the already nailed foot after the deed was done.

The censorship really doesn't make sense. I remember way back in Ep4 Eye Spy where the "severed hand with some blood on the train" scene was allowed on the Friday 8pm slot but not the Saturday 7pm repeat. The next episode with Scorch burning and killing that woman scientist was also allowed on the 8pm slot. I don't see the ones in this episode as any more gory than those. It seems they suddenly got very conservative after the break.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Why? :confused: If you want to see gore go rent a Horror movie! I would only be bothered it they they edited out something really important. :)

It wasn't just the "gore". In Ep14 TAHITI, they cut a scene which imo was totally unnecessary when there was nothing gory about it. Garrett is interrogating Quinn and pulls his tongue out and threatens him. They cut out this scene : Quinn then makes a noise to agree to cooperate. Garrett turns to Coulson and asks if he understood what Quinn "said", to which Coulson said no and Garrett proceeded to squeeze Quinn's tongue further until Quinn's nodding and 'gurgling' sound satisfied him. He lets Quinn's tongue go. So Ch4 only showed Garrett's threat and then immediately letting his tongue go, which I thought was a bit abrupt.

I haven't watched all the Ch4 episodes since they came back from the break but I'm sure there are other examples.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well cuts or not cuts it was another brilliant episode and a great finale. i dont say this much nowadays but i cannot wait for the new series!

my only gripe would be that when nick fury turned up it all became a little too confident and jokey. i liked the coulson easy kill scene at the end but before that him and fury showed no fear of garret face to face which i did not like.

but other than that i was very happy. the fitz/simmons stuff was brilliant, yet again i feared a character death. also skyes face when she realised fitz might be dead showed how close knit these characters are, it has more of a family vibe than other shows like arrow, smallville etc. but then whedon bros do focus on the ensemble casts alot more.

so glad ward is sticking around for a lil while at least, he could play the spike role of helping but being hated if they find a way for him to be indispensible to the team.

next season should be good, they have graviton,blizzard and shield reconstruction to work on, not to mention the truth behind skye. and who knows how avengers 2 will impact it all!(released after s2 i thik however)

season 1: 8/10

roll on season 2!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi Carl,

No I'm not really bothered about missing the gore, it IS just the general point that I don't want to have to put up with censorship, but at the same time I spent my money on an HD TV to watch HD, not pixelated rubbish.

If they want to have a kids friendly version then there should at least be one showing put out uncut on the same channel. It wouldn't have to be the first showing, they could have had 8pm Saturday cut to be kid friendly, but the following Friday put out the uncut version between 9 and 10.

Of course that way round does have the annoying side effect of there being no ratings showing how much people want it uncut. The majority of people will opt for the censored version if it is the first showing, because they just want to watch it NOW..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They used to show Buffy uncut the following day late at night, but the ratings weren't all that high for the uncut repeat, I think because of the watch it sooner than later urge.
    Forum Member
    Hi Carl,

No I'm not really bothered about missing the gore, it IS just the general point that I don't want to have to put up with censorship, but at the same time I spent my money on an HD TV to watch HD, not pixelated rubbish.

If they want to have a kids friendly version then there should at least be one showing put out uncut on the same channel. It wouldn't have to be the first showing, they could have had 8pm Saturday cut to be kid friendly, but the following Friday put out the uncut version between 9 and 10.

Of course that way round does have the annoying side effect of there being no ratings showing how much people want it uncut. The majority of people will opt for the censored version if it is the first showing, because they just want to watch it NOW..
    I think that's a terrible idea. Why should people have to wait a week for the uncut version?

They already have repeats on the Saturday at 7pm and also an afternoon repeat.

They should have just scheduled the show for 9pm on Fridays.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

It's already available from Sky On Demand, though. Presumably, that's not cut. It's just a shame you can't series link the On Demand stuff. It would be more convenient :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    scardis wrote: »
    If you see Garret pull out the General's own rib and stab him with it (like we did on RTÉ Two at 5 in the evening) then you know you got the unedited version.

It's also on Youtube, though it's only a quarter-sized screen with a gigantic logo filling the rest of it (to circumvent copyright issues, I suspect).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I think that's a terrible idea. Why should people have to wait a week for the uncut version?

They already have repeats on the Saturday at 7pm and also an afternoon repeat.

They should have just scheduled the show for 9pm on Fridays.
    I'm just trying to put myself in the position of Channel Execs fearing they would get in trouble if they played the Uncut version on Friday, and then the Cut one on Saturday because of some Daily Mail types, you know the kind of people who don't bother to watch a show, but would just use it as an excuse to complain. i.e the fake furore over the Russell Brand, and Jonathan Ross incident.

The point of the week wait would be the excuse that otherwise the poor little kiddies might be traumatised because they don't have the self control to wait a week.

As I said if it was me planning the schedule I would have put out the Uncut at 9:30, and then a cut repeat on Saturday early evening.

With repeats I have always found that if I'm going to accidently miss an episode its likely that I would miss the repeat also - forgetting it was on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i.e the fake furore over the Russell Brand, and Jonathan Ross incident.
    Note, i'm not saying that the people who made the original set of complaints before the media whipped it up did not have an arguably valid point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    It's already available from Sky On Demand, though. Presumably, that's not cut. It's just a shame you can't series link the On Demand stuff. It would be more convenient :D
    Can't afford the monthly payment to Sky, so I have no Sky On Demand. If I had sky I would probably just watch E4 HD, at least the picture quality would be OK even if it had that ugly splodge in the corner!