People who hammer on your door scrounging cigs for their mum at two o clock in the mo

ackeracker Posts: 8,809
Forum Member
Im sure youve all suffered from this . How did you deal with it ?
ETA thats two o clock in the morning ...ran out of space :o

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    I've never experienced this :confused: Tell them to piss off!
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in a nice area and have not therefore experienced this.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »

Wonder if they looked like this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casual wrote: »

I have lived in alsorts of areas and never experianced this.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Can't say this has ever happened to me.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    OMG my next door neighbour used to send her son around asking for ciggys.
    On the first day she moved in she asked for a tenner for gas money.
    They ask for sugar and everything.
    We now say "No" to everything and they got the message.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I've never experienced this :confused: Tell them to piss off!

Id love to but I have to live here ...I have " problems" and the last thing I need is a bunch of little chav scrotes practically demanding cigs with menaces with a promise to " give you some back tomorrow mate " ...telling them to piss off though justified would probably be the worst thing I could do....wouldnt want to be seen to be " disrespecting" them innit. :mad::o
  • dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    I've scrounged for cigs on nights out, and occasionally given them out when on the receiving end, but I've never had anyone hammer on my door for a ciggie, and if they did, only my closest mates could expect a civil outcome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've lived in a really shite area and never experienced this :confused:

Either don't answer the door, or respond with a simple, "Piss off you little scrote" depending upon mood.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never experienced this. Why would anyone knock on someone's door asking for cigarettes instead of buying them themselves? Tell them where to go!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Id love to but I have to live here ...I have " problems" and the last thing I need is a bunch of little chav scrotes practically demanding cigs with menaces with a promise to " give you some back tomorrow mate " ...telling them to piss off though justified would probably be the worst thing I could do....wouldnt want to be seen to be " disrespecting" them innit. :mad::o

if your going to be this soft, then now might be a good time to quit smoking
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't smoke and if someone knocked on my door at that time I'd pretend to be sleeping.
    Forum Member
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure youve all suffered from this . How did you deal with it ?
    ETA thats two o clock in the morning ...ran out of space :o

Can't say that's ever happened to me.

I presume you know them well?
  • dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »

Depending on the time or mood, I'd probably nail her (on the promise of a ciggie, obviously), but it goes without saying she would be significantly hotter when recollecting the tale in front of my disbelieving mates :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd peer out of my window to see who was there and if it's someone I don't know, I'd probably just ignore it.
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Can't say that's ever happened to me.

I presume you know them well?

Nope. ...their mum moved here a few weeks ago and shes nobody I know ...its a " secure" court yard ...obviously not " secure" enough . Bang goes the neighbourhood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bark like a rabid dog when they come to the door?
  • InkyPinkyInkyPinky Posts: 4,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I'd peer out of my window to see who was there and if it's someone I don't know, I'd probably just ignore it.

I thought this said you'd pee out of your window at first glance.

Which would be one way of doing it I suppose,
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never experienced this, what kind of area do you live in?! People ask me in the street sometimes, but that's all. :confused: I would be a bit suspicious that they're getting a look at your house to burgle it or something, because it doesn't seem a normal thing to do. Not to mention if you don't know their mum, how does she know you smoke?
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    I've lived in a really shite area and never experienced this :confused:

Either don't answer the door, or respond with a simple, "Piss off you little scrote" depending upon mood.
    Then expect a brick through your window, or a firework through your letterbox, or both? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InkyPinky wrote: »
    I thought this said you'd pee out of your window at first glance.

Which would be one way of doing it I suppose,

Only if it's someone I dislike ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then expect a brick through your window, or a firework through your letterbox, or both? ;)

Then they'd never get their ****, lol
    Forum Member
    I've never experienced this, what kind of area do you live in?! People ask me in the street sometimes, but that's all. :confused: I would be a bit suspicious that they're getting a look at your house to burgle it or something, because it doesn't seem a normal thing to do. Not to mention if you don't know their mum, how does she know you smoke?

Its a flat and I AM suspicious .:(..." mum" knocked on and "introduced " herself when she first moved into the flats here ( theres only 12 ) a few weeks ago and I stupidly offered her a brew ...this is where having manners has got me :(
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tell em you have stopped smoking