EE wedding drama theory (spoilers)

17@1717@17 Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, as those who read spoilers will know, one Walford resident will be left fighting for their life next week when they are shot following all the wedding drama. As yet, we don't know who it is, but I think I've cracked it.

What I've been finding strange is that Abi is off to Bolton but the actress hasn't been announced to be leaving. Now I see on digital spy that next week her and jay break up. So why on earth would she stay in Walford? No boyfriend, uni place, it looks like she's leaving right? Well, no, not if the person left fighting for their life is....jay!

He's already been wrapped up in all the drama this week, and it seems feasible he would be in the Mitchell house when things kick off. This would also give Abi a reason to stay, to look after Jay and be reminded how much she loves him.

What do you think? Any other theories?

Comments

• zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That makes alot of sense also someone they all care deeply for which will destroy them
  • Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That actually makes alot of sense i think you could be right
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    17@17 wrote: »
    So, as those who read spoilers will know, one Walford resident will be left fighting for their life next week when they are shot following all the wedding drama. As yet, we don't know who it is, but I think I've cracked it.

What I've been finding strange is that Abi is off to Bolton but the actress hasn't been announced to be leaving. Now I see on digital spy that next week her and jay break up. So why on earth would she stay in Walford? No boyfriend, uni place, it looks like she's leaving right? Well, no, not if the person left fighting for their life is....jay!

He's already been wrapped up in all the drama this week, and it seems feasible he would be in the Mitchell house when things kick off. This would also give Abi a reason to stay, to look after Jay and be reminded how much she loves him.

What do you think? Any other theories?

After reading the midnight spoilers I came to post this exact theory! Dammit!
    Jamie Borthwick would be given a great chance to shine. It'd keep Abi around, cause heartbreak for the Mitchells and the family of the shooter (who is probably either Sharon or Shirley).

It would also rejuvenate the relationship between Abi and Jay, which although sweet, has become a bit tiresome.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why would that warrant the trailer focussing on Sharon?

Will she shoot him by accident and they all cover for her?
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Also it could lead Jay to confess what really happened the night Lucy died. I still think there's a lot more to that. I kept coming back to Jay before the spoilers came out and now I'm even more sure, although Dean's involvement made me think it could possible be him (after raping Linda) to complicate that storyline even more.

As for the trailer focussing on Sharon, Sharon plays a big role no matter who gets shot or does the shooting and she fit into the Everybody Hurts trailer more than Shirley or any of the other characters involved in the storyline would have.
  • 17@1717@17 Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading the midnight spoilers I came to post this exact theory! Dammit!
    Jamie Borthwick would be given a great chance to shine. It'd keep Abi around, cause heartbreak for the Mitchells and the family of the shooter (who is probably either Sharon or Shirley).

It would also rejuvenate the relationship between Abi and Jay, which although sweet, has become a bit tiresome.

Haha sorry! We can share the credit if it's right ;)

And as for the trailer focusing on Sharon, remember that whatever happens, whoever gets shot and whoever does the shooting, it's partly Sharon's fault that the gun is even around!
  • soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said this on the spoiler page the other day :)
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could see it being Jay, yes. And it may trigger the truth to come out about what happened with him and Ben on Good Friday.

Sharon may very well have featured in the advert simply because her wedding day ends in the tragedy of someone being hurt, and arguably she is partly responsible for it (although IMO the main people who should be feeling guilty are Phil and Shirley.)
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    The spoilers after say about Jay and Abi having some decisions to make, if jay had been shot that wouldn't make sense. Inside soap said its one of the trio, but I don't know how accurate that they are.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,498
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    The spoilers after say about Jay and Abi having some decisions to make, if jay had been shot that wouldn't make sense. Inside soap said its one of the trio, but I don't know how accurate that they are.
    If it's one of the trio, it gotta be Shirley. But inside soap said they don't know who gets shot though.
  • soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting theory! Sharon in the trailer may be because Phil scuttles off with Shirley and her lovely coat.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet nobody gets shot and it's all misdirection. :D