Options

This year's dark horse?

Now we've seen the confirmed cast list and pairings we can probably all spot the likely front runners and absolute no hopers a mile off. But any thoughts on who might surprise us and spring out of the pack either as an unexpected contender or an inexplicable disaster ...?

My bets - I reckon Goldie could turn out to be a bit of a star, he certainly showed great musicality and the ability to knuckle down to seriously hard work when he did Maestro, which is the only other experience I've had of him. The witty and charming personality he showed on that would greatly endear him to the Strictly voters too.

As for the donkey .. I've got a nasty feeling that Gavin Henson may turn out to be as stiff and flat footed as Joe Calzaghe and Richard Dunwoody although on paper you'd really expect all of them to do pretty well as co-ordinated, fit sportsmen, used to the discipline of regular training. Although I really hope I'm wrong about Gavin as I'm a passionate supporter of Welsh sport and so far only Colin Jackson's done us any good on the dance floor!

Comments

• Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I really hope I'm wrong about Gavin as I'm a passionate supporter of Welsh sport and so far only Colin Jackson's done us any good on the dance floor!

Although Gethin wasn't a sportsman when he was on Strictly he was actually a semi-pro rugby player and did finish third in Series 5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela Stephenson. She looked like the only one of the female celebs who could keep in time last week :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela Stephenson. She looked like the only one of the female celebs who could keep in time last week :D

I agree! :D
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with that as well, I think she and Goldie are both potential dark horses. Kristina tweeted that Goldie has good rhythm. Then again she said that about Joe last year and he froze on the dancefloor, so hope that doesn't happen this year!
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with that as well, I think she and Goldie are both potential dark horses. Kristina tweeted that Goldie has good rhythm. Then again she said that about Joe last year and he froze on the dancefloor, so hope that doesn't happen this year!

Did she say that about Joe ? Love sure is blind, I thought Joe was like a wooden pole from day one .
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

Don't see that happening with Goldie, he's well used to performing, and I quite agree he's a dark horse in this competion, really looking forward to this now :D
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did she say that about Joe ? Love sure is blind, I thought Joe was like a wooden pole from day one .

Wasn't she really positive about something on the BBC Breakfast interview that was her & Joe and Chris & Ola?? Maybe it was his footwork she was commenting on, but she definitely thought he was technically good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Maybe that's what she... no, too low. Even for me. :D
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't she really positive about something on the BBC Breakfast interview that was her & Joe and Chris & Ola?? Maybe it was his footwork she was commenting on, but she definitely thought he was technically good!

I remember her saying something good about his dancing aswell so when i actually saw him dance i was stunned! :eek:
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Goldie looked really quite good in the group dance so was confused when people were whinging that Kristina had another duffer after it. He is the dark horse methinks, and a very personable man also.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Goldie looked really quite good in the group dance so was confused when people were whinging that Kristina had another duffer after it. He is the dark horse methinks, and a very personable man also.

Their training clip is here for anyone who hasn't seen it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/

:)
  • Options
    DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldie for me, i think he will shock people when he manages to pull off ballroom.

Also Pam and Pasty might be good once they loosen up, i dont have high hoops for Tina at all just a pretty little thing no talent to me but i could be wrong.

Im looking out for michelle and jimi and for comic value - ann
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To add to my own list of dark horses: Jimi and Felicity.

Then again, I've said somewhere I think Pamela would be good. And so would be Goldie. :)
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patsy and Pamela for me. Both just look like they want to have fun.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the ones who might be good (although I don't think they'll all be popular) will be Felicity, Kara, Michelle, Pamela and Patsy from the ladies and Goldie, Jimi and possibly Matt and Scott from the men.
  • Options
    sparklysheilasparklysheila Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to Goldie and Pamela

.......................................... and Jimi, Scott and Matt but that's mainly for the tight lycra :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    DeeLush wrote: »

I dont have high hoops for Tina at all just a pretty little thing no talent to me but i could be wrong.

I think that Tina is going to be the Kate garraway of this series (if she stays in long enough). She should be dressed in gorgeous sexy latin dresses like michelle and Kara but instead have you seen that pink and blue number in the trailer and that big blue bow on her head. I think they have her down as the comic turn - intentional or otherwise!!
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking forward to Goldie and Pamela

Yep, these are the two that I think could surprise people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To add to my own list of dark horses: Jimi and Felicity.

They're the two I've got my eye on as well.

re Goldie, I wouldn't call him a dark horse - more like a safe bet! He's bound to come top 5 at least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    The Dark Horse ...

RICHARD DUNWOODY ... TDH wooo.

*cough* sorry ... cant help myself.

Im backing BAKER....