Options

LA Noire

AdsAds Posts: 37,059
Forum Member
Sounds like the next Rockstar game I'll be getting lost in for many hours then!

Trailor looks very intereting, although obviously not much sign of what the actual gameplay is like yet though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc7DVUoszio

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/8204296/L-A-Noire-preview-finally-the-videogame-that-feels-like-a-film.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm looking forward to this, the facial animation looks terrific!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just my kind of game definitely giving this a go when it finally gets released.
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's worth the wait!! That YouTube video was added in October... 2006!!!!!!!
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    I just hope they improve their control system. GTA: IV, Red Dead Redemption - awful controls.
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    I just hope they improve their control system. GTA: IV, Red Dead Redemption - awful controls.

Agreed that the controls were awful on RDR, but tbh I totally forgot about them once I got addicted to it, I'd take dodgy controls with a brilliant story :p

LA Noire has been on my radar for what seems like forever now, top of my wanted list for 2011
  • Options
    MetallicaMetallica Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that Rockstar seem so out of ideas as far as mission structure goes.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Metallica wrote: »
    It's a shame that Rockstar seem so out of ideas as far as mission structure goes.

Yeah I totally remember solving crimes, doing investigations and interrogating people on GTA and RDR. ;)
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Also, can someone explain to me what was awful about the controls of RDR? After the patch where they gave PS3 users the ability to switch L1/L2 and R1/R2 made shooting and targeting much smoother on my side, the controls and movement also felt a lot more snappier and responsive compared to GTA IV's outing.

The controls of RDR would be perfect in a GTA game, it basically took Assassin's Creed style and combined it with the GTA style, along with the generic standard controller style of most game today.