EE Christmas-Best Episode Of The Year?

_NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
Forum Member
✭✭
Personally the christmas episode was my favourite of the year, I was dissapointed by peggy's exit and I enjoyed the live episode but not as much as this one. When Stacey was standing on top the the queen vic looking down at walford it made me think about all stacey had been through in the square and how much I'm going to miss her:(. I really liked the last scene between Max and Stacey as I think they have amazing chemistry and I found it sad that Stacey still loves Bradley. I loved her last scene on the plane aswell with the Julia's theme. My favourite episode of the year, what do you think?

Comments

• SausageSurpriseSausageSurprise Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I thought it was great although I preferred the Vic fire and the Live ep also the Syed, Christian reveal and especially Syed & Amira's wedding where both really good aswell. Eastenders has had a very strong year this year. Oh and I forgot about the Stacey and Max two hander it was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was probably my favourite... I'll have to re-watch the Stax two-hander to see which I preferred. I love Simon Ashdown's episodes.
  • tweeeed_xtweeeed_x Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not my favourite of the year but it was definately up there :)
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    It was one of my faves - my fave from this year was Billie's Death
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But did anyone not laugh at the line up at Shirley and Phils Christmas dinner- You had Ronnie and Roxy surrounded by the ugly ghastlies all burping and gurning .
  • tweeeed_xtweeeed_x Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    But did anyone not laugh at the line up at Shirley and Phils Christmas dinner- You had Ronnie and Roxy surrounded by the ugly ghastlies all burping and gurning .

LOL:D
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »

Ha yeah, there were loads of random people having dinner with them like Heather and Julie
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,271
    Forum Member
    Billes Death
    EastEnders LIVE
    The Vic Fire/Peggys exit
    New Years Day
    Phill and Raines Drug episode
    and Christmas Day all go down as the best imo

and could soon add New Years eve to that too
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Janine and Stacey's scene is my favourite scene this year, the cold manipulation and the way she baited Stacey into trying to commit suicide, was played so well by both actresses.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Syeds wedding was the best episode of the year.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even close.

Syed/Amira's Wedding
    Eastenders LIVE
    Syed/Christian Reveal
    The Queen Vic Fire
    Peggy's Exit
    Billie's Death
    Phil's Drug Addiction

Have all been a million times better. I also thought non-eventful episodes were better IMO, like Denise's 'Funeral' and last week when Glenda was pushed down the stairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Ha yeah, there were loads of random people having dinner with them like Heather and Julie

They're not really random.. Heather doesn't really have anyone else other than baby George and Dot so Shirley would have her over.. And Julie woulda been Billie's guest, they are dating aren't they? (serious question)
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally found the episode was quite poorly executed. The actors were all fantastic, and it was certainly high on drama, but like most of the storyline, it seemed a bit all over the place. It was still good, but not my favourite.

My personal favourite of the year was the Chryed reveal though. I wasn't a particular fan of the storyline, but the episode that ended with Amira leaving was fantastic.
  • handbagladyhandbaglady Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Hi.

I am a huge fan of Stacey and was gutted about her leaving.

I was desparate to see the two final parts of her leaving on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, but unfortunately I was away and so I missed them both!

I cant watch on iplayer and wouldnt use it anyway as it deletes or expires after so many days and I would love to be able to keep it.

I would love a cd copy and wondered if anyone would be kind enough to do that for me?

I would be very very grateful.
  • SausageSurpriseSausageSurprise Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Youtube is your best choice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gQ8INfLdt8 and then the other parts are also there. :)
  • charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. Things coming together for Kirkwood?
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    best episodes for me this year were
    • syed & amira's wedding
    • the live
    • max/staceys two hander
    • christian/syed reveal
    • stacey gives birth/tanya's one off return
    • when shirley tried to help phil with his drugs (their scenes in the arches)
    • the fire
    • billie found dead (even though it dragged on a bit)
    • xmas day
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally i thought it was vey lame compared to EE christmas past, a rip off of the live with max & Ryan taking bradleys roll and kaffys exit lumped on the end. Not very orginal. Janine stabbing herself looked like extra scenes slotted in to throw off the "ive seen this before" feeling. Over all it never worked but I didnt think id like it with the total flop of the xmas eve reveal.

fave episodes this year, Syeds wedding & fall out, The Live & Billies death apart from mouthy popping up which was totally un nessasary.
  • MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    Not my favourite, but among them :)

I also loved Syed and Amira's wedding, the live episode, Christian and Syed's reveal (and reunion, later on), the Vic fire and Billie's death. I was very unimpressed by Peggy's exit episode - in my opinion Stacey definitely had the best exit this year!
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a huge disappointment!
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the Christmas Day episode, but Billie's death remains my favourite episode of 2010.
  • RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    It was completely underwhelming.

Janines stabbing seemed pointless, Max declaring his love seemed false and bizarre, Stacey suddenly deciding she didn't love Ryan seemed all a bit too convenient seeing as the actor playing Ryan is staying. It was just dull. Such a poor exit for Stacey.

Stacey's bi-polar episode & sectioning episodes were amazing. Billy's death was amazing.
    Everything involving Christian & Syed was way way better than this Christmas day,
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite EastEnders episodes of 2010 have been:

Syed and Amira's wedding day
    EastEnders LIVE
    Stacey gives birth
    Billie is found dead
    Stacey's departure on Christmas Day

From all the press and specualation i have a feeling New years Eve will also be an amazing episode.

ALSO I have to say there were some brilliant episodes played out during the aftermath of Syed & Christian's affair... The Masoods were brilliant.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    umr3000 wrote: »
    My favourite EastEnders episodes of 2010 have been:

Syed and Amira's wedding day
    EastEnders LIVE
    Billie is found dead
    Stacey's departure on Christmas Day

From all the press and specualation i have a feeling New years Eve will also be an amazing episode.

ALSO I have to say there were some brilliant episodes played out during the aftermath of Syed & Christian's affair... The Masoods were brilliant.

But another affair ? Who cares.
  • _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think New Year's Day (Syed/Amira wedding) and the live episode were my favourites of the year :)