Only 3 judges??

KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are there really only 3 judges this year? :confused:

It says Jason, Robin and Emma are judges and Karen is now just head coach? That will mess up the scoring no?

Comments

• rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    yeah i think they have change it from 0.0 - 6.0 to 1-10 now. so the total will still be 30 but the judges will award out of 10 this time instead of 6.0 . but that i dont know is it they are including half point like 7.5 eg. i think it would be better if they did tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Karen had always been Head Coach!
  • jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume the scores will be 0-10 on a .5 basis so for example

5.5,5.0,5.5 = 16.0/30.0

I prefer the scoring that way imo :)
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says on the ITV website on the 'JUDGES' section that it is Karen, Robin, Emma and Jason :)
    Her occupation says: Judge and Head Coach.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    It does say that, but on Karen's page it says:
    You won't see Karen sitting on the judges' panel this year...

Why, you cry! Well, in a cunning new twist, Karen's set to take on the role of Head Coach. Not only will she be working even more closely with the celeb skaters, she'll get the chance to give the judges a piece of her mind in the live shows each week.

I have no problem with that but think there should still be 5 judges. I really like the scoring being "realistic" (ish) and marked out of 6 - in fact it's one of the things I'd been telling Americans who are watching Skating with the Stars that DoI does and they all said that would have been better than the way SwtS is doing it!
  • topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I think they've really made the wrong decision on this: by axing Nicky Slater and effectively Karen Barber, the judging panel now only has one person who actually has skating expertise!
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's better with 5 judges, although now they'll have time to hear each judges comments for each performance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topdog2006 wrote: »
    I think they've really made the wrong decision on this: by axing Nicky Slater and effectively Karen Barber, the judging panel now only has one person who actually has skating expertise!

Glad they've got rid of Nicky! He knows about skating, but his knowledge seemed to mean nothing based on his comments. Think these 3 will be okay.
  • casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    What does Emma Bunton know about Ice Skating anyway. Don't understand why she is on the panel.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
    Forum Member
    Emma should have gone - now the balance of the panel is weighted against those who can skate against those who are eyecathing with Jason and Emma
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The very thought of non skating Emma Bunton and Jason Gardiner outnumbering the skating Judges fills me with dread. They only need 3 Judges on the panel but they should have been Karen, Nicky and Robin.....and what happened to Jason Gardiner quitting if Kerry Katona took part?
  • WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous!
    Robin is now the only one who has anything of any value to say.
    Emma knows nothing
    Jason just makes rude and personal remarks

The panel needs at least one more skater
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous!
    Robin is now the only one who has anything of any value to say.
    Emma knows nothing
    Jason just makes rude and personal remarks

The panel needs at least one more skater

Jason does make good comments too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Ok so only one of the judges actually has skating experience. :confused: The more I hear about this years show the less bothered I am about watching.
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy about Robin and Jason as i feel they both make good comments but if Emma has to stay then they should've kept one of the other skating judges otherwise it seems abit silly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbfan09 wrote: »
    Ok so only one of the judges actually has skating experience. :confused: The more I hear about this years show the less bothered I am about watching.

Record it and then watch it with your finger poised on the FF button!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    I'm happy about Robin and Jason as i feel they both make good comments but if Emma has to stay then they should've kept one of the other skating judges otherwise it seems abit silly.

Emma can comment from a dancing / performance point of view, and she's a lot fairer than Nicky was with scoring.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    i just want to know how the scoring is going to work out !
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emma can comment from a dancing / performance point of view, and she's a lot fairer than Nicky was with scoring.

That's fair; indeed they've probably kept hold of the three most accurate markers. Karen alwyas overmarked (though in fairness, that was to offset Jason undermarking) and Nicky was all over the place. I think he just pressed a button at random and hoped.

Saying that I wish they had the panel as Karen, Jason and Robin.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topdog2006 wrote: »

Agree. I would have kept Nicky and got rid of Emma. Yet another bad decision by producers.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Agree. I would have kept Nicky and got rid of Emma. Yet another bad decision by producers.

They could have had Robin, Karen and Jason and not brought Emma or Nicky back with Karen also being a coach. We don't need both Jason and Emma in a panel of 3 it looks ridiculous. Either bring in 2 new skating judges or swap Emma with someone.
  • KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sort of proves the show is becoming less about skating ability and more about the performance and popularity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMX wrote: »
    Sort of proves the show is becoming less about skating ability and more about the performance and popularity.

Sadly thats seems to be true, it was a different type of show to the other celeb reality shows when it first started, but it is being dumbed down by the producers who want to use Jayne and Chris to front the programme but aren't really that interested in the technical aspect of skating!
  • bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reading kyran's new blog, think there is a new judge this year
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bendymixer wrote: »
    reading kyran's new blog, think there is a new judge this year
    I'd also heard there was a new judge - and that it would be a skating judge - but I heard that before the announcements were all made and as ITV hasn't mentioned it anywhere, I'd just assumed it's not going to happen after all :confused: