Will Jack And Ronnie Survive The Baby Swap?

_NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
Forum Member
✭✭
I really can't see there marriage surviving through this, I think 2011 will see the end of Jack and Ronnie

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    i have to agree i don't see how they can survive, it depends how it all comes out but i think either way ronnie will end up either killing herself, going to prison (cos i presume this swapping is illegal??) or end up being sectioned. if it is made explicitly clear that she is mentally ill then perhaps she could get sectioned and Jack would support her through it. but personally if someone had led me to believe my child was alive and well when it was dead i can't think i'd ever be able to forgive them or trust them again whatever the reasons!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    I think 2011 will be the end of Ronnie, can't see the character lasting beyond this. I can't see many people siding with the character or having sympathy with her so it will be hard to pull the character back from it, she will turn into a character people don't like, Sam may get some things said to her in public etc. Shane Richie said that this story will last for 12months so I can see Ronnie leaving ee being the big christmas storyline. If she were to stick around I don't think Jack would be able to forgive her, it will break his heart to find out his son died and he has been acting as a father to someone elses. He will have to grieve twice because he will in essence loose 2 children.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ASH_23 wrote: »
    I think 2011 will be the end of Ronnie, can't see the character lasting beyond this. I can't see many people siding with the character or having sympathy with her so it will be hard to pull the character back from it, she will turn into a character people don't like, Sam may get some things said to her in public etc. Shane Richie said that this story will last for 12months so I can see Ronnie leaving ee being the big christmas storyline. If she were to stick around I don't think Jack would be able to forgive her, it will break his heart to find out his son died and he has been acting as a father to someone elses. He will have to grieve twice because he will in essence loose 2 children.
    I agree, after this everyone on the square will hate her, most likely her marriage will be over and her family might even turn against her, I don't see what they can do with the character after this
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I agree, after this everyone on the square will hate her, most likely her marriage will be over and her family might even turn against her, I don't see what they can do with the character after this
    Have you not just summed up Janine who is probably Eastenders' strongest character at the moment?

Ronnie will be sent to a mental home for a bout 6 months (Sam will have a nice break) and she'll be back and everyone will love her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Have you not just summed up Janine who is probably Eastenders' strongest character at the moment?

I guess thats true but the point of Janine's character is she's a bitch and everyone hates her, whereas for Ronnie her character is different and if everyone hates her I can't see what else she will do
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid to say it but I think Sam will leave in 2012 and has already told the writers this. I reckon the baby swap stuff will be dragged out until at least next Christmas and then we will have Sam for some of the aftermath.

Whilst I'm sure it could be legally argued that Ronnie was out of her mind when she swapped the babies I don't think she could claim diminished responsibility if it doesn't come out for months. I expect Jack will be furious with her but Roxy and Glenda will support her. She'll probably then try and kill herself and Jack will say he still loves her.

I can't see them killing her off and surely she can't get away with this without any police action, so my guess is that she gets sent down for a few years and tells Jack she loves him so much that she's letting him go. Cue Sam (Mitchell) returning to the square with baby Richard to give Jack a few storylines.

I must add though that I hope they find a way of redeeming Ronnie after all of this and keeping her in the show because with Peggy and Stacey gone, Ronnie, Tanya and Kat are the main reasons I watch the show and I think they need a character like Ronnie and an actress like Sam.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I guess thats true but the point of Janine's character is she's a bitch and everyone hates her, whereas for Ronnie her character is different and if everyone hates her I can't see what else she will do
    True, but that's up to the script writers. In real life when something goes wrong for somebody, they can't always just pack up and leave (as EVERYONE does in Eastenders) - maybe I'm expecting a bit too much for the writers, but I hope they find a way for Ronnie to stay and to deal with it all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, but that's up to the script writers. In real life when something goes wrong for somebody, they can't always just pack up and leave (as EVERYONE does in Eastenders) - maybe I'm expecting a bit too much for the writers, but I hope they find a way for Ronnie to stay and to deal with it all.

I hope you're right, I think Sam is a great actress and Ronnie is a great actress and I hope they do redeem her in a way that isn't too unbelievable
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    I think they should just stay together. They have been on and off far too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ronnie will be sent to a mental home for a bout 6 months (Sam will have a nice break) and she'll be back and everyone will love her.

Or another baby. She's said her and her husband want to have more kids..
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    I think she might commit suicide at the end of this.
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only way Jack and Ronnie will last if they end up leaving Walford together.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed. This will be the fourth child she's lost. She might as well put herself out of her misery.
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    ea91 wrote: »
    Indeed. This will be the fourth child she's lost. She might as well put herself out of her misery.

Fourth? Danielle.. her other baby.. James. I think it's the third.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fourth? Danielle.. her other baby.. James. I think it's the third.

Yeah those three, and she's gonna lose the one she stole too. :p
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Actually dreading this baby-swap storyline, it's been nice seeing the 2007 Ronnie these past few eps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really haven't thought of what may happen with Jack and Ronnie after the swap storyline. Hopefully Jack will see that she is not well and support her through the hard time but that probably won't happen and they will end up not together be it through death or what.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Lets hope.